XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

When he gets released from carbonite Han is blind from sickness and his eyes are closed until they escape from the Sarlacc pit, there is a difference, found a picture how Kubrick interprets it, Lego should be able to do something similar

6916362059_9251479f6f_m.jpg

I think if this was the reverse side of a duel sided face it would look pretty good.

I think if this was the reverse side of a duel sided face it would look pretty good.

Agreed, that would be a very good idea.

Wow, you'd learn a lot from visiting our blog once in a while.

Just the same with the pics of the UCS R2D2 - they surfaced here long before other sites.

C'mon guys - have a look around before you post :laugh: (no offense meant).

Wait, I'm confused... Have there been pics of the UCS R2? I thought nothing had been seen yet. Are there pics?

Wait, I'm confused... Have there been pics of the UCS R2? I thought nothing had been seen yet. Are there pics?

look a few pages back son

Why would you be replacing old figures, they are as collectible as the new ones, trust me they are worth keeping

I'm collecting them to use in builds. I would rather use the newer - better looking ones. I have gotten burned on a couple of these - snow troopers, endor troopers - but I've managed to sell them before they lost too much value. I think I lost about $2.00 a piece on these, but I was able to pick up more figs anyways (buy at $10 per snowie = 32 snowies, sell at $8 per snowie = $256, buy 23 bps = 46 snowies). And I disagree, they are not as collectible once the better replacements are out. Look at sebulba, snow troopers... Endor troopers have dropped $2-3 already. Watch Gammorreans. They will drop once Jabba's Palace is released.

I'm collecting them to use in builds. I would rather use the newer - better looking ones. I have gotten burned on a couple of these - snow troopers, endor troopers - but I've managed to sell them before they lost too much value. I think I lost about $2.00 a piece on these, but I was able to pick up more figs anyways (buy at $10 per snowie = 32 snowies, sell at $8 per snowie = $256, buy 23 bps = 46 snowies). And I disagree, they are not as collectible once the better replacements are out. Look at sebulba, snow troopers... Endor troopers have dropped $2-3 already. Watch Gammorreans. They will drop once Jabba's Palace is released.

Your examples have been re-released in battle packs and planet sets which are cheap hence the probable drop in market value for older figures, the new Gamorrean on the other hand will be only accessible via a $120 set so i don't see the old Gamorrean prices dropping though i don't mind being proven wrong as I collect these guys.

Your examples have been re-released in battle packs and planet sets which are cheap hence the probable drop in market value for older figures, the new Gamorrean on the other hand will be only accessible via a $120 set so i don't see the old Gamorrean prices dropping though i don't mind being proven wrong as I collect these guys.

I did immediately check the original Watto on Bricklink, planning to include him in my previous post, and was surprised to see he is still at $35. I could be wrong, but I will probably unload my GGs anyway JIC.

I did immediately check the original Watto on Bricklink, planning to include him in my previous post, and was surprised to see he is still at $35. I could be wrong, but I will probably unload my GGs anyway JIC.

I think it's save to say that the old Wattoo is either bought by collectors or by speculators. Those who go for nice figures will always choose the new one. I think that noone buys the old "non-TCW" General Grievous because he thinks it looks better than the new one. So I'd go always for the minifig I like most, not for those that might increase in value.

Did you know that there were 2 versions of the stickers for 10221, in dark blue and bright blue?

I'm sure they are genuine because I have just received the bright directly from S @ H (the dark was in my sealed set).

photo4huh.jpg

Edited by R5-N2

Did you know that there were 2 versions of the stickers for 10221, in dark blue and bright blue?

I'm sure they are genuine because I have just received the bright directly from S @ H (the dark was in my sealed set).

Naw, from the looks of it, when printing, the black ran too heavy at one point, hence the very solidly over-blacked 'plaque' sticker. The heavier black would affect the print of the gray, giving it a darker look. So, nothing intentional there, just bad printing :P (I used to be a printer ^_^)

Chuck me a PM i can give your Gamorreans a nice new home :wink:

I think it's save to say that the old Wattoo is either bought by collectors or by speculators. Those who go for nice figures will always choose the new one. I think that noone buys the old "non-TCW" General Grievous because he thinks it looks better than the new one. So I'd go always for the minifig I like most, not for those that might increase in value.

And the completest (guys who just need to have everything). You would be surprised just sold an old Grievous for $18 without the cloak

Does anyone know if the shirtless Maul will be widely available, or is it some sort of special thing? I really want one!

Does anyone know if the shirtless Maul will be widely available, or is it some sort of special thing? I really want one!

Expect it to be available on May the 4th when you spend $30/$75/$90 or something like that. Just like the shadow ARF trooper

Expect it to be available on May the 4th when you spend $30/$75/$90 or something like that. Just like the shadow ARF trooper

If it's released for May the 4th, you'll be able to get it at LEGO stores and through Shop @ Home.

Why in the world would they put a CW Yoda(I know it's not exactly the same, but still looks like CW more then PT/OT) on EP 1 poster?

Probably because Clone Wars Yoda is better. Let's face it, in the era of printed faces even on alien minifigs, the non-CW Yoda is in desperate need of an update. And in fact, the CW Yoda is a good substitute until we get that, since the weird bulgy eyes are less obtrusive in the case of a "sculpted" fig like Yoda. It's not perfect, but it's better than the dead-eyed Yoda of yesteryear.

Probably because Clone Wars Yoda is better. Let's face it, in the era of printed faces even on alien minifigs, the non-CW Yoda is in desperate need of an update. And in fact, the CW Yoda is a good substitute until we get that, since the weird bulgy eyes are less obtrusive in the case of a "sculpted" fig like Yoda. It's not perfect, but it's better than the dead-eyed Yoda of yesteryear.

I'd agree with that although maybe a cross between the two would be a good idea. TCW figure does the job in capturing the cartoon quality and is perfect for that range but I think he looks a little out of place against the OT sets. Either way though yes, better than the original in my opinion

The Yoda in the poster is a cross between CW Yoda and the original one. The eyes are less pronounce and I don't really see hair on the back of the head. This "new" Yoda would be gladly welcomed in my collection if it ever sees the light of day.