XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I know what your saying but if done properly we could have some really nice sets and not comprimise on quallity. I cant see the diffrenc if they split a $100 set into two $50 sets. I just remembered the origianl Jabba's palace set with the additional sets of Jabba's prize and Jabba's message, I'm sure these sets sold well. I know the Palace is not the best place to start with one needing to be on top of the other but its still possable and I would hope Lego would take this direction in the future.

But the original Jabba's Palace didn't even have a Rancor. The trap door just led to an area underneath the throne room. In addition, that was one medium-big set with a couple small add-ons, not two medium sets. It's fairly easy to spilt off small scenes, not so much with an entire half of a palace.

The palace may be the wrong set to apply this to, though I like the idea of combining sets.

Sets like the multiple Hoth/Echo Bases are a good example of how this might work. They're not exactly meant to be connected as they're not really the same building or location, but it is the same scene.

Jabba's Palace, however, is the same building. I don't think it's big enough to require splitting up, and expansion sets won't really work as the structure will need to be rearranged.

If Jabba's Palace really needs expansion, then I'd imagine subtle things like maybe an extra room, or a small exterior part for the entrance to the door... things like that.

I worry about Jabba's Palace given the jumbled mess of Hoth Echo Base. My only hope is that we get all the figures that are hard to get, old, or havent been made yet. This can be done if it doesn't include all the main characters, which it doesn't have to with the Desert Skiff set coming out.

Jabba's Palace

Jabba

Rancor

Gamorrean (2)

Boushh disguise

Chewbacca

Bib

Oola

Max Rebo

C3P0

Desert Skiff

Luke

Han

Lando

Weequay

*snip*

Max Rebo

*snip*

:sceptic: Don't think so. He would have to have new molds for all his parts, and if TLG is making Jabba's Palace, I would much rather have Boba Fett than Max Rebo. He's just not a mainstream character. His only appearance that I know of besides the 5-second role in the movie was SW Tales. :sick:

Just the thought of that series makes me sick. Oola would be nice, and I can see that happening because of the Twi'lek headpiece on Aayla Secura in 2010, and the rest of the figs you listed would work. I just can't bring myself to imagine a LEGO set having such an obscure character though. :hmpf_bad:

Yes, Oola's obscure, or at least her name, but who would care about a band member when you can have a sexy Twi'lek instead? :devil:

Well, some good reasoning here.

I expect Jabba's palace to be one big set and a pretty good one actually. Winter wave does not offer much for the 'big one lovers' and Summer wave doesn't either. There must be something big coming and unlike the rest of sets, the palace does qualify for this. Printed iterations of older molds are neither the newest nor the wordt of ideas. Thus Gamorreans and 'his Slimeness' himself could pretty much produce this 'wohoho' effect we do liek so much.

BTW, i like the detailed sandtroopers pretty much. Not owning many stormies, they are mandatory anyway. Them being this kind of 'unique' does make them even more appealing i think.

:sceptic: Don't think so. He would have to have new molds for all his parts, and if TLG is making Jabba's Palace, I would much rather have Boba Fett than Max Rebo. He's just not a mainstream character. His only appearance that I know of besides the 5-second role in the movie was SW Tales. :sick:

Just the thought of that series makes me sick. Oola would be nice, and I can see that happening because of the Twi'lek headpiece on Aayla Secura in 2010, and the rest of the figs you listed would work. I just can't bring myself to imagine a LEGO set having such an obscure character though. :hmpf_bad:

Yes, Oola's obscure, or at least her name, but who would care about a band member when you can have a sexy Twi'lek instead? :devil:

Why would he have to have new molds for all his parts? Lego could basically use the legs and body used for Watto and make a new mold that goes over them just like they did for Watto.

Personally I would have a new minifigure (even if it is obscure) rather than have a minifigure which we have already got.

You do realize that that solution is only thinner by a half a plate, right? And that if you count the studs, it's the same thickness? And if you count the LEGO written on each stud, it's actually thicker?

Stop it! :angry: You're giving away all the things I was working on for my next MOC! :tongue:

I agree Brickdoctor, :thumbup: there seems to be no better way to clean up the edges but to use 1X" plates around the border and with Lego, you are limited. Unless you want studs everywhere which look ugly! The wings would be so much cooler if they were SNOT instead of sideways plates. That is a mod I will for sure do. Actually, I will most likely scrap mine (when I eventually get one) and build one in my own style. Just need to see how that new windscreen is going to work out. It still looks a little bulbous to me.

Why would he have to have new molds for all his parts? Lego could basically use the legs and body used for Watto and make a new mold that goes over them just like they did for Watto.

Personally I would have a new minifigure (even if it is obscure) rather than have a minifigure which we have already got.

My reasoning:

1. His legs have to fit inside his drum.

2. Your idea for the head would work.

3. Oola hasn't been made before. If StoutFiles' ideas for 'figs is correct, I would rather have Slave Leia or another Twi'lek rather than Rebo.

4. If Rebo is in the set, TLG might decide to make the rest of the band, and a LEGO Sly Snootums is not what I want. That would be awful :sick:

Wald, Ten Numb. That is all.

Today, my school friend told me that Lego SW will end in 2016 because of the license. Is it true? I don't want to see the end of SW :< Orient Expedition, Bionicle and... SW? It's too much! BTW: According to news. I think that Jabba's Palace can be great if there was a Rancorn figure :) But not made of few bricks like Wampa. And if there is such a set, i think it will be great to make some SW Force Unleashed stop motions :)! What's about The Old Republic Starfighter? Will it be from a game?

4. If Rebo is in the set, TLG might decide to make the rest of the band, and a LEGO Sly Snootums is not what I want. That would be awful :sick:

I think the difference in opinion is because we might be looking at it from two different points of view. I'm mainly a minifigure collector and as such a new character is always welcome no matter how long it has appeared in the movies.

In all honesty even if I weren't I wish Lego stopped including Darth Vader, Leia, Han, Luke, Obi and R2 in the sets for a few years. Those minifigs have been done and redone to death over the years.

Today, my school friend told me that Lego SW will end in 2016 because of the license. Is it true?

The license was recently extended until 2016, yes, but there is no indication that LEGO Star Wars is going anywhere. Unless there is a drastic and unexpected drop in sales of LEGO Star Wars sets, which is unlikely as in recent years TLG's sales have only been going up and Star Wars remains one of the best-selling themes, the line isn't going to end any time soon.

Today, my school friend told me that Lego SW will end in 2016 because of the license. Is it true? I don't want to see the end of SW :< Orient Expedition, Bionicle and... SW? It's too much! BTW: According to news. I think that Jabba's Palace can be great if there was a Rancorn figure :) But not made of few bricks like Wampa. And if there is such a set, i think it will be great to make some SW Force Unleashed stop motions :)! What's about The Old Republic Starfighter? Will it be from a game?

Lego will renew the lisence as they have done it before(twice?) because it sells so well.

If a Rancor is made, I just hope it's similar to what we've seen in the new Dino theme. That would make this set an instant buy for me.

As for the winter wave, it certainly knocks this year's one out of the water. I'm not a fan of the new C-3PO, the change seems unneccessary IMO. The new Sandtrooper dirt printing could have been less obvious, but nonetheless I'm getting this set.

Personally, I wouldn't want Max Rebo because I never liked the design of the character, he always looked like a muppet to me in the film. This set could have a Jawa though, since they were present and need to reappear to more sets....

This set could have a Jawa though, since they were present and need to reappear to more sets....

Lego could actually make the extra effort and make a Jawa with light-up eyes (using similar technique that they used with light up lightsabers).

Lego could actually make the extra effort and make a Jawa with light-up eyes (using similar technique that they used with light up lightsabers).

those were a neat idea but poorly executed IMO :sceptic:

GITD or an LED in the hilt would be neat though but probably won't happen.

I agree Brickdoctor, :thumbup: there seems to be no better way to clean up the edges but to use 1X" plates around the border and with Lego, you are limited. Unless you want studs everywhere which look ugly! The wings would be so much cooler if they were SNOT instead of sideways plates.

How about this solution, then? The border is only a single plate thick, and the panel is mostly studless – much more visually appealing, I believe, than a one-stud-thick border. I’ve always preferred panels done this way on TIE MOCs as opposed to SNOT panels, and even more so on other TIEs like the x1 or the bomber, since the black mesh used on the panels of the later TIES (the original TIEs used black Koolshade, which looks very different) is noticeably thicker than the grey border. It's the same case as with System X-wings with SNOT wings - they just look too thick for me.

I'd take a one-shot character over one I have duplicates of. I would take "Yak Face" or "Prune Face" over Boba. There will always be a chance to get another Boba.

This is the only set that Max Rebo can ever be a part of. If he isn't made now he likely never will be. Granted, he likely won't be made, but it would be a treat.

Personally, I wouldn't want Max Rebo because I never liked the design of the character, he always looked like a muppet to me in the film.

I prefer the muppets over that awful CGI dancer they added in the Special Edition. Also, my favorite character and many others favorite, Yoda, just so happens to be a muppet.

I LOVE the new detailed figs (Ewoks, Watto, Sebulba.) I know that they are getting less lego-fied, but if I had to choose between uni-color single piece Sebulba, and ultra-detailed Sebulab, I'll take ultra detail any day. I think we will see a detailed Jabba, which will be great. With the Tauntauns, the Wampa and the Dino-sets - I have no doubt we'll see a rancor (PLEEEEASE!!!.) It will be beautiful.

I think the definites are Jabba, Luke, Slave Leia, New Bib and Gammoreans. I think the likely figs will be C3PO, R2 Tamtel, and Oola. I would love to see a Klatoonian, Weequay, Jabba's Band, Ephont Mon.... So many possibilities.

Next year - $50 - 100 Mos Eisley Cantina?

Personally, I don't see the need to revert to core piece sets. Most collectors have a good base of core pieces, New collector's would rather have figures over pieces (the main characters at least) and for die-hard AFOLs, new aliens and characters are what I hope for with every set.

My thoughts.

Max Rebo has an extensive backstory in the Expanded Universe. He also had a cameo in Clone Wars Chapter 22 as one of many Ortolans huddled together in fear.

Aldar Beedo, Mawhonic, Gasgano, Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, Ten Numb, and Bly were hardly 'mainstream' characters. I wouldn't say Gonk droids, treadwell droids, BARCs, the 91st Reconnaissance Corps, V-wing pilots, or several of the numerous astromech droids we've had were 'mainstream' either. Honestly, I hadn't heard of any of these characters before they appeared in LEGO sets. Don't forget we've also had such 'obscure' craft as the ice cutter, the Wookiee ornithopter, the AT-AP, the PAC, and (the most baffling of all) the TIE crawler. In light of that, such obscure characters as Max Rebo and Oola are definitely possibilities.

Personally, I prefer if they left out the musicians in Jabba's Palace, because there would only be one or two. If there was an additional stage set with them, that would be great. Plus, it could be used to build an orchestra. :tongue:

I'm fine with whatever random figures they put in, so long as we get the important ones. However obscure, they would still be good for background decoration, and we need more neutral/generic/"civilian" minifigs in large sets, I think.

Max Rebo has an extensive backstory in the Expanded Universe. He also had a cameo in Clone Wars Chapter 22 as one of many Ortolans huddled together in fear.

*snip* and Bly were hardly 'mainstream' characters. BARCs, V-wing pilots, Don't forget we've also had such 'obscure' craft as the ice cutter,*snip*, the PAC,*snip* In light of that, such obscure characters as Max Rebo and Oola are definitely possibilities.

Do you mean the CW Bly? If so, he wasn't a minifig as far as I know. BARCs were made popular by TCW, V-Wing pilots are in a lot of RotS scenes, not necesarilly in V-Wings though.

What's an 'ice cutter' and a 'PAC'? I've never seen LEGO sets of those. My main point on the Max Rebo debate is not that he is obscure, though that was a lesser point, but my main point was that if they made him, the rest of the band would have to follow, otherwise he would look out of place. Oola or another dancer wouldn't look out of place unless Jabba didn't come with the set, in which case it wouldn't be 'Jabba's Palace' now would it?

Do you mean the CW Bly? If so, he wasn't a minifig as far as I know. BARCs were made popular by TCW, V-Wing pilots are in a lot of RotS scenes, not necesarilly in V-Wings though.

What's an 'ice cutter' and a 'PAC'? I've never seen LEGO sets of those. My main point on the Max Rebo debate is not that he is obscure, though that was a lesser point, but my main point was that if they made him, the rest of the band would have to follow, otherwise he would look out of place. Oola or another dancer wouldn't look out of place unless Jabba didn't come with the set, in which case it wouldn't be 'Jabba's Palace' now would it?

Bly has never been made as a mini-figure. We saw a generic 327th Clone in the 2007 Clone battle pack, but that wasn't Bly. Bly has yet to be released as a mini-figure.

What's an 'ice cutter'

the Ice Cutter was the vehicle in the Hoth Rebel battle pack. It appears briefly in a scene in ROTS in the hangar in Echo Base, and I believe Luke uses one to fend off some wompas in a deleted scene, too.

Edited by Rocketbilly