XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

That Tie fighter seems to have received a much needed facelift! I quite like the look of these. The X-wing looks better now, but I think I'll have to see a review before I consider picking it up.

Thanks for the excellent pics! Pretty amazing how you got these- LEGO's been extremely tight-lipped this year!

. The TIE Fighter re-design is clearly the top set of the January wave, it not only has great minifigures but is also the best looking in both, design and accuracy (Or as close as you can get to something like that in a LEGO set). The X-wing, in the other hand, is completely underwhelming. The whole ship doesn't improve much and is another lost opportunity to correct does horrificly sized engines. The designer decided to extend the overall wingspan and ship nose but forgot to re-size the engines. They now look even worse than the last issued.

You’re right, but:

- Most famous X-wing MOCs (Brucey-wan’s, marshal_banana’s, psiaki’s, etc.) have used that same piece, so the assumption is that it’s acceptable in the community (though I personally feel that 4-wide engines would have worked much better in the case of this new X-wing.

- Using the 3-wide cylinder reduces the piece count significantly and probably keeps the price down. It doesn’t look as good as a solution using brickbuilt 4-wide engines would, but I suppose it’s passable for a toy. And in all fairness there do seem to be some more pieces around the 3-wide cylinder this time – they don’t look nearly as awkward as they did on 4502.

On that last note, it’s almost comical how little the design has changed between the preliminary and final boxes when so many people here were expecting otherwise.

ARC looks better in that photo than the catalogue one from a few weeks ago. ARF looks good, as does Gree.

Funny to see series 2 "planet" sets already, that was unexpected! They look a bit more appealing than I first imagined.

Most of the rest is out of my SW budget price range, Kingdoms Joust takes priority you see...

I wasn't too happy about the new TIE Fighter at first, but WOW...!!! It really does look fantastic!

Most of the sets look great. The X-Wing isn't as much of an improvement as I had hoped, but still a definite buy for me. My main complaint about this new wave is revolves around the newly designed TIE fighter and C-3PO, even thought they look great. It must be the OCD in me, but I don't like how they create inconsistency with previous TIE releases and protocol droid designs.

Really like the possibly finalized winter sets!

The Escape Pod is still looking amazing but it seems it will be another Luke's Landspeeder: great minifigures, horrible piece:price ratio.

I'll have to try to get the new X-WIng and TIE Wing as well! :wub:

And this is a problem because...?

Until all the TIE's are designed this way, the new TIE looks out of place with the others. Or, rather, all the others look out of place with this one.

The wings on the Geonosians look just amazing, props to Lego and all those Planets ('Large Circles') will look great on a shelf.But the Bariss looks to dissapointing with blue hood and cape. :sceptic:

Really like the possibly finalized winter sets!

The Escape Pod is still looking amazing but it seems it will be another Luke's Landspeeder: great minifigures, horrible piece:price ratio.

I'll have to try to get the new X-WIng and TIE Wing as well! :wub:

Which is actually a really good example of why the piece:price ratio is a terrible way of deciding the value of the set. Already owning the UCS xwing & several of the TIEs the pod isthe only set here that I'll end up buying, apart from maybe the endor battle set if I can find it for a sensible price.

maybe the endor battle set if I can find it for a sensible price.

Why? You think 80-90ish pieces is too much for $20? :look:

Edited by ceroknight

Look how much people are willing to pay for collectable minifigs. Now add licensing costs that are inevitably paid for anything star wars related, and you're pretty much up to that sort of price point.

I don't think I would ever buy a set with that kind of price/piece ratio. I simply have better things to do with my money than get ripped off by George Lucas.

Edited by Algernon

wow thanks for the beautiful pics, looks like the new SW sets are locked in for the new year

Droid Escape - looks like i am going to need some more dewbacks for all the extra SAND TROOPERS i will be getting!

Geo Cannon - another great set for building an army of geos with wings (though still with the weird stretched neck design) and baris who i still have yet to obtain

Both BP sets are great though 2 battle droids in lieu of 2 mini figs seem to be rather thin, but maybe that's me cause i don't collect PT droids but the endor back will be picking up plenty of these for the scout/stormtroopers

Not too crazy about the vehicles at the moment, more rehashes of old sets with new figs, will probably pick up the tie as yet to have one.

I am more of a OT collector so seeing the number of small OT sets is a nice change compared to those released this year. It's going to be an expensive new year along with the new marvel/dc sets coming out :cry_happy:

Until all the TIE's are designed this way, the new TIE looks out of place with the others. Or, rather, all the others look out of place with this one.

Doesn’t seem like that would be much of an issue... 8017 is already an oddball since it’s in grey, 4479 is exempt since the TIE/sa and TIE/ln were never in a scene together, and with the TIE/ln it’s a simple matter of building the radiator panels from 6206 in grey and attaching them to the body of the new set.

I don't think I would ever buy a set with that kind of price/piece ratio. I simply have better things to do with my money than get ripped off by George Lucas.

That's how much the new battlepacks will be, (Canadian) :hmpf_bad:

The TIE fighter's new body is really growing on me! :cry_happy:

Do the Commando Droids have a new gun??? :thumbup:

No.

Plus, anyone notice that the ARF Trooper has dark red arms?

Also, just confirming that R2 is sideways, which is real dissapoiting :hmpf_bad: .

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

:wub_drool: Just give me that X-wing... I don't care which figure is in it :tongue:

And this is a problem because...?

I expected new black-grey TIEs when 8017 was published. I did not expect, however, major changes of the cockpit and the wings. I find the inconsistency a bit annoying because I'd prefer a set of TIEs designed in a different way before he designed is changed. That might be quite unrealistic to hope for, but that's how I experience the situation.

Though just for the sake of consistency, I kinda wish they did leg printing on the BP Stormtrooper like they did for the Sandtroopers. Minor yes, but I figured I'd mention that.

I think pretty much the same.

*oh2* I just noticed the ARC Troopers leg is bent backwards! He has a new kama! Look carefully, and you will also see that his legs seem to be black or dark red with some white printing on the front. He is definitely the coolest clone fig yet! I wonder if his face will be special, like with stubble or anything, so as to distinguish him from basic troops?

I think the lower parts of the legs is red, as seen on the prelim pics.

And the helmet of the ARF seems to have a shorter visor and no fin on the back.

I zoomed in on the X-wing and it is crystal clear that R2 is sideways.

It makes sense. The LEGO astromech droid is larger relative to a minifigure than it should be and sports bulky legs, so it shouldn’t be able to fit in a System X-wing the ‘right’ way:

x-wingdetail1.jpg

Hence it is sideways in this set, which is an acceptable alternative as it better retains the shape of the rear fuselage. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if the fuselage was wider, but I’m assuming that would somehow interfere with the S-foil mechanism.

Those sets are so awesome.

My thoughts:

TIE fighter: Meh... I never liked the real vehicle, and although the set is great, it's a pass for me.

X-wing: Dropped from my want list as soon as I saw X-wing in the planet sets. I just want to have an

X-wing set. Figs are cool, but it's another pass for me.

Escape pod: These figs are awesome. I don't have any astromechs, nor C-3PO, so I might just buy it.

Geonosian Cannon: Cool figs, but the set looks bad. Nice choice of pieces, though. Maybe...

Battlepacks:

Endor: Just another pass for me, I'm not a big fan of Endor scenes.

CW: Clones are AWESOME!!!! Commando droids are AWESOME!!!! I'll buy few of them.

Planet sets:

Naboo: Maybe... Depends on the price.

Tatooine: I'm 80% sure I'll buy it. If price will be higher than 10 euros, I'm not getting it.

DS: Read what I wrote about Naboo.

Yavin IV(?): I'm buying it for sure. I want to have an X-wing set.

Bespin: Maybe... Depends on the price.

Endor(?): I'll wait for better pictures.

I'm going to wait for review of all the sets before I decide, but I'm pretty sure

that only things on my buy-list will be:

- Escape pod

- 3-4 CW battlepacks

- Yavin IV

- Tatooine

Things that depend on the price:

- Geonosian Cannon

- Other planet sets

Edited by Stardusty

I'm liking the battlepacks. :wub:

I would like to get the Droid Escape and Tie Fighter too, but I'll have to see the prices before making any decisions.

Also, do you think we would really get a brand new Lobot figure just for the Planet sets?

I have a feeling we'll see him in a bigger set, maybe a Cloud Car.