XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

My question is now do i still buy a 2010 Slave I, (when I have the old one and like it just fine), or hope that the new Fett and Carbonate figures are included in the Palace?

My question is now do i still buy a 2010 Slave I, (when I have the old one and like it just fine), or hope that the new Fett and Carbonate figures are included in the Palace?

At this time, I wouldn't base any purchases on assumption that these rumors are actually true, but if you're in no hurry to have the set, no reason not to wait.

Hmm, plausible. But a Felucian Fighter? Old Republic Starfighter? I don't even know what those are referring to.

I was initially hoping that we'll see some of those Felucians from The Force Unleashed, but it's more likely that they'll be those turtle-like ones in the series.

I'm not sure what the Old Republic Starfighter is, but I hope it's this:

RepublicStarfighter-Timeline6.jpg

And maybe it'll include Republic Troopers! :classic:

As for the others, they sound good. I'll probably skip the AT-ST, unless if there's a difference or if there are Ewoks included.

The standalone Cloud Car does seem to hint towards Cloud City, because it's a bit odd by itself. Either way, it's very early for this news to surface.

The Felucian Fighter could always be from an upcoming Clone Wars episode.

slow dowm guys can you not read??

Following on from the last list of LEGO Star Wars rumours, here is a fresh batch of speculation on what may be available next August. This is quite a way in the future, so do not expect this list to be completely accurate. A lot can change between now and then, and this is only a rumour list in the first place…

Edited by cavegod

Interesting.

I wonder about the odds that Jabba's Palace will turn out to be a TCW set.

If they really make a The Old Republic Starfighter, I think we have a new line besides "Episode I-VI" and "TCW". The Felucian Fighter might be part of this line as well.

Edited by Brickadeer

I seriously hope that list is fake. Even if it's JediNews, who are very reliable. I don't think any website, reliable or not, would get a list this early...

Also, only one CW set in the wave. Come on Lego! You already are ripping the CW fans off in the January wave, no need to rip us off more in the Summer wave with just one new set? That said, this one could be cool. Most likely the one in "Citadel Rescue", perhaps like the Mace Windu one, and comes with Tiin, his green astromech, Osi Sobeck and a Citadel Commando Droid.

I also seriously doubt that Felucian and Old Republic Starfighters. They are both EU, right? If so, I thought Lego had already decided that the EU sets didn't sell well, and wouldn't be making any more?

There has to be more CW sets though! I'm not being biased towards it as I mostly only purchase CW sets, but seriously. The CW series is the on-going thing in Star Wars right now, for that sole reason, it should get more sets than PT and OT, because the target audience (kids) are the main purchasers of this line...

The Old Republic is italicized, so my guess is that the set will feature a new fighter from the game, which seems like an unusual move for The LEGO Group considering how past attempts (7672, 8087) were received. It may even be one of these...

Well that is the Sith fighter from Knights Of The Old Republic, not The Old Republic, I don't know what ship it could be but I hope for this one :wub:.

I am sure wesker is right and the The Felucian Fighter will be from the upcoming Clone Wars episode. If I remember correctly, there were some pretty big ships hovering around Felucia in one of the trailers so perhaps this is the summer flagship that we are looking for.

And while Cavegod is right, this list is very preliminary, I don't see why it should prevent us from speculating. After all, this thread is for pictures and rumors. :wink:

Hmm, interesting list if it's true.....

Desert Skiff - perhaps it will include Lando this time ? :wink:

Cloud Car - yeah, enclosed cockpit for a change ? :wink:

Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter - once a year each Jedi gets a starfighter.....must be union rules. :laugh:

Felucian Fighter - perhaps another expanded universe set......it might be canon - Starkiller anyone ? :wink:

The Old Republic Starfighter - a S-250 Chela-class or Aurek-class ?

AT-ST Endor - again, perhaps with legs that work like real legs (unlike the Battle Of Endor set). :wink:

Jabba’s Palace - Yes, please.....Leia in metal bikini. :devil_laugh:

Okay, so I did a bit of digging......some it makes sense, but the Felucian and Old Republic sets I'm not sure....guess it will be months before we know for sure. :wink:

Considering that jedinews had the 2009 and 2010 summer lists even earlier and they were 100% correct (although some names changed), we can assume that this list is too. Desert Skiff and Cloud Car would fit the OT-oriented spring wave; not interested in either though unless they really improve on the 1999/2000 sets. The JSF is a must-buy if it's an Eta-2, if it's a Delta again I can only curse TLG for their stupidity. No idea what a Felucian Fighter is, guess we'll see one in TCW later this season. AT-STs are always welcome, maybe with some Rebels or Ewoks? Finally, Jabba's Palace which could be a nice set if they don't do it Hoth Echo Base-style.

Altogether it doesn't look like a particularly interesting second wave. Too few big sets - there are usually at least 2 100+ sets in a summer wave, and only the Palace would fit in that category.

I'm extremely skeptical about this list for a few reasons:

1. It seems way too early to hear about these sets.

2. There's no set that includes Queen Amidala (although that may be a retailer-exclusive)

3. Jabba's Palace and Cloud Car are among the most wanted sets among fans, it almost seems too good to be true that they're both included

4. There are no AOTC sets, despite the fact that this would be the summer wave that immediately precedes the movie's 3D re-release. This summer we got 3 PM sets plus Battle of Naboo earlier in the year, so it seems very odd that there aren't any sets from this movie.

That being said, I've never seen a list on JediNews that wasn't at least mostly correct, so I don't know what to make of this. I would definitely be glad to see a new AT-ST set, and I can't wait to see what minifigures come with the other OT sets if they're real.

Meh, the only two that stand out to me are the Skiff and the Palace. I hope the others are replaced by CW, AOTC, and TPM stuff. I really want an AOTC wave! :cry_sad:

Where are the AOTC sets that we should get? Surely LEGO would want to take advantage of the movie's 3D release in 2013 by making some sets for it. LEGO always seems to ignore AOTC when it comes to making sets......

Well I must say really hope this wave is fake for a few reasons:

1.Not one EP1 EP2 or EP3 set,where is our Queen Amidala we've been waiting so long for and Naboo royal starship or flash speeder defending her.

2.Why make a old republic set, not many people are aware of the story and the starfighters that battle in it very unlike lego to come out with this.

3.THREE EP6 sets, I would understand one pulling people in for 2013(EP6 30th) but they can't release this many.

4.There seem to be a shortage of CW sets,although I like OT sets I want to see a couple more CW sets.

I do like the idea of the cloud car,we;ve been missing one and it's possible to get a cloud city set then, so a few major changes to this wave would make this wave great.

Edited by North Lego Star

Wow, personaly this is the biggest news I've seen on this thread in a LONG time! As a dedicated OT collector, these are my thoughts:

• Desert Skiff - Weequay or bust, period. The main focus is that we NOT need the core characters here, TLG. We all have them. Give us Luke if you must, but populate the skiff with more of Jabba's crew.
  • Cloud Car - This can certainly be done better now with all the rounded pieces that weren't available the last time we saw this thing. I'd be happy with two Cloud Car pilots and an Ugnaught.
  • AT-ST Endor - I just built the new Ewok Attack yesterday, and am pretty much convinced we do NOT need an Ewok village at this point. Just give me another Ewok or two (Teebo, the gray/gray striped pig-skull wearing Ewok?) and another AT-ST pilot and I'm good to go! If you really want to wow us, throw in a 'Prune Face' (still thought they could've dropped one of those guys in the Home One set)!
  • Jabba’s Palace - This is the big one... They have the ability to make something really special here with the right layout and the right figs. But MAKE NO MISTAKE-- IF THIS DOESN'T GIVE US LEIA AS BOUSSH, I might give up on SW altogether. There is NO MARGIN FOR ERROR here, TLG-- give me all of the Jabba legions you want, even give me another Bib Fortuna if you must-- but BOUSSH is essential for success.

We'll see what happens! I feel like a politician:

BOUSSH OR BUST IN 2012

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Thank you very much for this information and for the link, djmangunz! :classic:

I don't have got big doubts about this list being wrong since I only remember one time in the last years when one of the prelim sets Jedinews listed was wrong.

Desert Skiff

Nice idea. But imo it should be released together with the Sail Barge (like last time) - especially since I missed to get the Sail Barge.

Since all SW sets in the last years included some sort of "conflict", I hope that the Desert Skiff will not only come with Luke and Han, but even with a new guard.

Cloud Car

It's really time for a re-design of this one. But I hoped that it will be included in a huge CC playset (similar to 10188). Since the Cloud Car will come seperately, I fear that we won't see any CC the next years.

I hope that it won't only include Lobot, but even a CC guard and a Cloud Car pilot.

AT-ST Endor

I'm not that convinced about this idea. I mean: For sure it will only be much bigger than the version in The Battle of Endor and therefore won't go with that one. Plus I can't imagine which new figs (the AT-ST Driver will for sure get that new helemt - but that's nevertheless no new fig) they could include there.

Jabba's Palace

I'm really surprised that it'll be a regular sold set since I expected it to be a S@H Exclusive. The pro this has is that it for sure won't be more expensive than 150 Euros. But the big con it has is that it consequently firstly won't include many and mainly not many new minifigures and that it very supposably won't be big and won't have many rooms and decent location. Of course we can't say before having seen at least some prelim pictures. But if Jabba's Palace will be like this year's Hoth Echo Base set, it would be a shame and I would pass it as I did with the Hoth Echo Base set.

I'm really excited to see how these sets - esp. Jabba's Palace - will turn out. But regrettably we surely won't get any prelims before around Christmas (like in the last years).

Klaus-Dieter

Desert Skiff

Cloud Car Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter

Felucian Fighter

The Old Republic Starfighter [

b]AT-ST Endor[/b]

Jabba’s Palace

The list seem realstic except with the lack of clone wars :sweet: armidala set and the 2 EU sets

I would liike a new skiff. We need a new Jabba's Palace the old palace is :sick: . New Jedi starfighter sounds reasonable and mabye the Felucian Fighter is from season 4

I'm extremely skeptical about this list for a few reasons:

1. It seems way too early to hear about these sets.

2. There's no set that includes Queen Amidala (although that may be a retailer-exclusive)

3. Jabba's Palace and Cloud Car are among the most wanted sets among fans, it almost seems too good to be true that they're both included

4. There are no AOTC sets, despite the fact that this would be the summer wave that immediately precedes the movie's 3D re-release. This summer we got 3 PM sets plus Battle of Naboo earlier in the year, so it seems very odd that there aren't any sets from this movie.

I swear the 3d release is in 2013, 1 3D film a year unleess I am mistaken

Meh, the only two that stand out to me are the Skiff and the Palace. I hope the others are replaced by CW, AOTC, and TPM stuff. I really want an AOTC wave! :cry_sad:

Lack of clones is a shock but not the lack of TPM as it is not that popular film even umon children it is unpopular compared to the other 5 films in the saga

Where are the AOTC sets that we should get? Surely LEGO would want to take advantage of the movie's 3D release in 2013 by making some sets for it. LEGO always seems to ignore AOTC when it comes to making sets......

They ignor clones at the moment because the TV series for TCW is on at the moment and most things from clonees apear int the tv series

I first thought of his modified Delta-7. But that's not very likely.

That would be awesome, that's a cool looking ship. Wouldn't they, though, keep with all the others and make his the same one?

u guys believe it or not, now i got the box art from one of my friend Cagersky from lelezhen.com. I dun know how he managed to get this. It's just amazing.

12102011333.jpg

12102011334.jpg

12102011335.jpg

12102011336.jpg

12102011337.jpg

12102011338.jpg

Desert Skiff

Nice idea. But imo it should be released together with the Sail Barge (like last time) - especially since I missed to get the Sail Barge.

Since all SW sets in the last years included some sort of "conflict", I hope that the Desert Skiff will not only come with Luke and Han, but even with a new guard.

Klaus-Dieter

This is a remake of 7104 Desert Skiff. Since the new Droid Escape added two characters, maybe the skiff will add Lando and/or a Skilling and/or a Weequay.

Please don't give us another Chewbacca though TLG, I'm already drowning in Chewies. He can mix and match into any set so stop including him.

what?? hold on there...are we supposed to get an X-wing, Cloud City Car and a...erm...Tie-Bomber (??) on those planet sets?? don't know if that was already discussed around here, but it's brand new to me!! :cry_happy::laugh:

diggin' the nice litle suprise :oh:

Edit: after close inspection, it seems that the Tie-Bomber thingy is an AT-ST :grin:

Edited by KimT

It appears as though the new Clone Battle pack ARF trooper will be different from the old one, (I think I spot some red markings on the helmet)maybe even this one in particular..... 250px-ARFtrooper-ARCT.jpg

And the summer sets seem ok, I am looking forward to getting Saesee Tiin for a cheap price, rather than paying $60+ for his set.

O.M.G. That ARF is AWESOME! Same for the ARC! The tree is brown! And do I see series 2 of the planet sets? Twin-pod cloud car w/Lobot, x-wing with Porkins, and something else. Awesome!

Edited by KimT