XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Well, i followed the thread closely but didn't know what to think of the rumors the last days. As Brickdoctor said, it's all just so confusing.

However, the more Mirandir told, the more plausible it seems. There is some strange kind of consistency about it.

Mixed BPs is a two sided medal. The intent to allow for full playability within one set is perfectly sound. I really like that. The backside is a reduced number of different figs per side in a BP theme - the number gets halved. I liked the last BPs with mostly 3 different figs for one side. Especially the Hoth BPs were pretty good, IMO.

The choice of figs for the rumored upcoming BPs is a good one, still. I miss the Navytrooper, Rebel Commando officer and the Super Battle droid but there is content to 'work with'. The selection could be worse indeed.

Do i like what we got so far in rumors? Umm, pretty much undecided without knowing what sets/contents we can expect.

I like the idea of many OT sets but this is a matter of taste of course. At least i think they sell fairly well what would make this dominance pretty explainable.

Just two sets about TPM? Why this? The film probably is not the most liked one of the hexalogy (i like it very much for the cast and the introductory feeling about a declining republic and a waning Jedi Order) but it's the headliner of the SW year i guess. We really have reason to expect some more. Especially more than two sets of 10 bucks each. At least Tatooine and Theed offer quite some potential to create interesting (bigger) sets.

Well, too early to express disappointment or anything like that. It's way too early and we know too little yet to have any justified reason for that. As usual i stay on track and hope for some more revelations soon.

I'm starting to believe Mirandir - Episode 1 will be released at about the same time next year's summer wave will get to shelves it would be somewhat foolish of them to release all of the episode 1 sets now or the winter wave, when most people may have not even heard of the 3D re-re-releases, much less children.

This "new" concept sounds very intriguing though. If they only have one minifigure like what Mirandir has said I believe that they will be like what they were at the beginning of Lego Star Wars in 1999 - a small ship (Cloud Car, Landspeeder, T-16, etc. ) and a minifigure related to that vehicle the very standard "Impulse Sets."

And if Episode 4 sets are going to be a majority of the sets, then my thoughts are that they are the ISD, TIE fighter (obviously lol), X-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing, and no A-Wing - specifically because it was included in the Home One.

Thanks for reading!

Well, Mirandir said that "[o]nly two sets could be said is linked to episode 1 and both of theese are from the new concept" so it's certainly a possibility. I don't mind speculation as long as it's based off the information we've been given...

It's the 'new concept' part that I don't get. I'd assumed it meant no remakes, and we've gotten Gasgano's and Mawhonic's pods before. Unless he meant the collectible sets, but then they'd be pretty big. Edited by Brickdoctor

I'm starting to believe Mirandir - Episode 1 will be released at about the same time next year's summer wave will get to shelves it would be somewhat foolish of them to release all of the episode 1 sets now or the winter wave, when most people may have not even heard of the 3D re-re-releases, much less children.

This "new" concept sounds very intriguing though. If they only have one minifigure like what Mirandir has said I believe that they will be like what they were at the beginning of Lego Star Wars in 1999 - a small ship (Cloud Car, Landspeeder, T-16, etc. ) and a minifigure related to that vehicle the very standard "Impulse Sets."

And if Episode 4 sets are going to be a majority of the sets, then my thoughts are that they are the ISD, TIE fighter (obviously lol), X-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing, and no A-Wing - specifically because it was included in the Home One.

Thanks for reading!

You have a point here. Summer wave hitting cinema release...

BTW, the B-wing is no ANH vehicle. According to canon Ackbar definitely developed it later. At least the X-Wing is a fairly safe bet. 6212 disappeared from many localized S@H pages and even TRU (in GER) doesn't have it any more. These are good indicators, i think.

I don't think lego would come out with all those OT sets with the episode 6 30th aniversary coming up, we'll most likely see a jabba set, a couple of endor sets and some starfighters(b-wing, a-wing,tie interceptor and tie bomber)

I think Lego's main foccus will be on episode 1 and CW sets this year

Dang, where's Whung when you need him, or even Sam89? Maybe KimT has heard something from his spy network to clear things up?

Dang, where's Whung when you need him, or even Sam89? Maybe KimT has heard something from his spy network to clear things up?

Yeah KimT seems to know what's going on. But he's on vacation now, and he says he will clear things up when he gets back. I don't know when that is going to be though.

As for rumours, I really just don't know. I'm just going to wait for confirmation from KimT. And guys, no way are we getting an ISD in the January wave.

*snip*

And guys, no way are we getting an ISD in the January wave.

What makes you so distinctively sure about this?

Not that i would pretend anything different, just to know where your determination comes from.

Dose anyone think we may have a chance of getting some other podracers (This Is Just An IDEA!!!!)

We could get a new gasgano pod or mawhonic's pod or both, we just need something to race the other pods and this could be a good chance to get a shimi and new pit droids

I'd love more podracers, but at the same time I don't really foresee it happening. I don't follow much of the Star Wars fan community outside of LEGO, but I think the fact that you don't see other toy manufacturers selling some of the more obscure podracers is very telling.

I've tried designing some podracers on LDD, specifically updated versions of ones like those two that have existed as sets before. But I haven't really come up with any completed concepts because I'm probably being too strict with myself. I'd like Gasgano's and Mawhonic's engines to be lime rather than regular green, and to use current pieces rather than older hinges, for instance. On my LDD concepts, I prefer to stick to what I could get from Bricklink if I wanted to make the models in real life.

It's a real shame that there aren't likely any more podracer sets in the near future since TLG wouldn't have to limit themselves to existing parts, and could theoretically release the necessary hinge pieces and so forth in new colors if they so desired. But I think that's a bit of a pipe dream, considering that the two podracers with "starring roles" have already been done and I can't picture TLG releasing a set as obscure as "Watto's Junkyard" featuring such minor characters in this day and age.

Not that i would pretend anything different, just to know where your determination comes from.

TLG doesn't normally release any large sets in the January wave.

Because winter wave sets only go up to $60, while summer wave sets go up to $120-$140. But it is possible we get an ISD this summer. Unless it is a UCS/Exclusive, which could be released at pretty much any time in the year (ex. 10195 was released in march).

BTW, the B-wing is no ANH vehicle. According to canon Ackbar definitely developed it later.

Indeed. And no matter what the backstories are, I doubt TLG would design a vehicle that's in a movie and release it as not in that movie, so we can probably safely say the A-wing as weill is a Jedi set.

I don't think lego would come out with all those OT sets with the episode 6 30th aniversary coming up, we'll most likely see a jabba set, a couple of endor sets and some starfighters(b-wing, a-wing,tie interceptor and tie bomber)

The TIE/sa Bomber is an Empire craft. :wink:

Agreed. Someone needs to prove or disprove all the stuff we've heard.

Indeed. And no matter what the backstories are, I doubt TLG would design a vehicle that's in a movie and release it as not in that movie, so we can probably safely say the A-wing as weill is a Jedi set.

Mirandar said the sets are from ANH - this doesn't mean it can't be a B/A-Wing, maybe he just forgot which fighter belongs to which movie :wink:

For now I believe Mirandar; last year we got the first news about the next sets at the beginning of August, which means reliable sources will probably give us "real" information pretty soon, therefore proving Mirandar either right or wrong.

I believe the rumors and what Mirandar has said is true.

But it doesn't matter, it is all bantha fodder until we know what Capt. Kirk's "Must Have" is. :oh:

I haven't been leaking info on Star Wars as I haven't had anything to leak before. And the source is the same that provided the Brandenburger Tor info. So it is reliable.

The reason I don't want to prove my case (read: leak pictures) is that I made a promise not to and I don't want to kill the information flow I have right now...

And now something more meaty:

Set 9493 is a new X-Wing. Comes with markings for both Red Five and Red Six. Included figs are Jek, R5-D8, Luke Skywalker & R2-D2.

Has anyone thought of any AoTC sets in 2012, because of it's 10th aniversary?

And with that X-Wing set in the above post, If it is true then YAHOO! R5-D8, Jek, Luke (New?) and another R2 :excited: .

Hopefully R5 comes with that new astromech head mold that came with the TIE Fighter. I'm excited for Jek too.

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Has anyone thought of any AoTC sets in 2012, because of it's 10th aniversary?

Yeah, we already had that discussion, but nobody likes to talk about things that aren't legit rumours. :wink:

I haven't been leaking info on Star Wars as I haven't had anything to leak before. And the source is the same that provided the Brandenburger Tor info. So it is reliable.

The reason I don't want to prove my case (read: leak pictures) is that I made a promise not to and I don't want to kill the information flow I have right now...

Set 9493 is a new X-Wing. Comes with markings for both Red Five and Red Six. Included figs are Jek, R5-D8, Luke Skywalker & R2-D2.

*huh* Awesome! I just hope it looks better than the old one.

EDIT: And I guess R5 will come with the new mold! :sweet:

Edited by brickbuilder

:excited: That's definitely something to get excited for. Can you tell us if TLG has revised their design or are we getting another 4502/6212 X-wing?

That's great news about a new X-wing, It will be really interesting to see if TLG have made a big leap forward in the design of it, but based on the new Tie I'm really excited to see what they come up with, and if it's good this will be a multi buy from me for sure.

Also... Do you know if the new X-wing is white or grey?

(Thanks also for all this great info... :thumbup:)

:excited::drool:

Then again, you must buy two of so you Red Five and Red Six. :shrug_oh_well:

I'll do it, that explains the 2005 model finally out of stock on the US S@H site ! :wink:

'Mirandir' you are cheeky, feeding us drop by drop, but yet again thank you for the information. :pir-sweet:

Brick On 2012 ! :moar:

:excited: That's definitely something to get excited for. Can you tell us if TLG has revised their design or are we getting another 4502/6212 X-wing?

The new version looks sleeker than the previous one and has a built in fold/unfold function.

And it is white.

the new x-wing sounds nice, they really had to put porkins in the set not even a dash or a biggs

dose it come with a command center or tool rack or something?