vexorian

Blizzard (starcraft, warcraft, diablo) mega bloks license

I thought people might be interested.

I found this useful because it confirmed one thing I noticed since last year. The LEGO fan in me is winning over the modder in me. So, these confirm the LEGO fan won. Great!

Now, that I am out of character, here are pics.

It seems they will replace HALO with those better than mega-average set designs and minifigs being the main issue. But designs actually good. Showing that mega can actually do good designs if they wanted to.

Right now the only thing we have is the viking:

http://kotaku.com/5823552/from-painsocks-to-demon-belts-all-the-diablo-starcraft-and-world-of-warcraft-swag-you-can-swallow/gallery/6

xlarge_megablocks.jpg

I'm no fan of Megablocks, but I have to admit that looks very good.

and I found this on the warcraft side:

580megabloks-1308016911.jpg

Also I have to admit, looks very good.

I, too, am no fan of MegaBloks, but I, too, have to admit, they look really good. Those coats of arms (?) especially look like something an AFOL would shape with SNOT.

Just wanted to know if anyone had more informations on this ?

post-1-131145409525.jpg

Interesting.This looks like it comes from Megabloks, rather than Lego - I don't mean that in a detrimental way, Several of the elemnts here (like the hoses on the feet) are Megabloks elements that Lego has their own similar, but different looking versions of.

I was searching for a similar topic but didn't find it, thanks for the link. Too bad they're begablocks !

Too bad they're begablocks !

Providing I was actually a fan of the games, I'd probably be going: who cares? They did a great job with their Halo line as far as I'm concerned, and this looks great as well. As much as I love lego's Exo-Force, I would have killed for a mech that looked as good as that prototype. :thumbup:

Looks like I am going to have to buy those shields so I could get the manual and make one out of LEGO. Hopefully Megablock didn't use weird brick(s) that doesn't have LEGO counterpart and can't be replicated with LEGO.

Hopefully good minifig weapons and parts come from this. Haven't had anything good since the Dragons.

-Omi

THose crests look great. I love the idea of creating some for other factions in my Castle Armies. :laugh:

Hopefully Megablock didn't use weird brick(s) that doesn't have LEGO counterpart and can't be replicated with LEGO.

I think I spot quite a few. Mostly curved pieces.

Wow, those crests are surprisingly beautiful. Real works of art. The question is, though, will there be sets along those lines, or are these unique artist-created works for promotion of the new license? Because, beautiful though they are, I can't imagine they'd be hot sellers.

Providing I was actually a fan of the games, I'd probably be going: who cares? They did a great job with their Halo line as far as I'm concerned, and this looks great as well. As much as I love lego's Exo-Force, I would have killed for a mech that looked as good as that prototype. :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of the figures and sets, but one thing beckons me:THE WEAPONS.

It is still a prototype. Knowing megabloks, each weapon will become a single piece by the final release.