Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Creator Yellow Submarine

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to share another creator alternative building set with you. This time I have combined two pretty similar sets: 5761 Mini Digger and 6742 Mini Off-Roader. They both only cost 4.99 EUR / 4.99 GBP / 5.99 USD, and have a combined piece count of 120 pieces. :classic:

As there are so many official creator cars, I decided to do something comepletely different again: a little yellow submarine! It uses more than 100 of the available pieces. :classic:

5761-6742-submarine-0.jpg

It is a clean design with clear colour lines, just like the great designer set 4888 Ocean Odyssey. It comes complete with transparent bubble cockpit and even a rear window, two gripper arms, plenty of headlights, quad propeller engine (three rear, one front), and a nice greebly top with all the technical stuff. :wink:

5761-6742-submarine-1.jpg

5761-6742-submarine-3.jpg

5761-6742-submarine-4.jpg

Here is a detail view of cockpit, headlights and arms:

5761-6742-submarine-6.jpg

In this view you can see a little SNOT technique. It was needed to attach cockpit and arms in a different orientation. It was a bit tricky due to the limited SNOT pieces in the two sets. It's a combination of headlight bricks and a 1x4 bracket.

5761-6742-submarine-7.jpg

And finally a shot of the rear cockpit.

5761-6742-submarine-8.jpg

Of course there are building instructions available which you can access here: Creator Submarine building instructions

With that I am done for today. :classic:

If you are interested in more creator alternatives by me and other people of these great forums, check out Rufus' Creator Alternatives Index.

Thanks for stepping by, and have a great week-end!

Yours Christopher.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I question.....how do you always do it.....I mean create micro/mini AWESOMENESS 'Legostein' ! :excited:

The detail is fantastic and the spirit of Lego flows from this creation everywhere ! :excited:

Brick On 'Legostein'.....always ! :grin:

As with all your Creator alternates, this is excellent, Legostein. Not only does it feel realistic, most of it (I say most because the plate portions of the arms are a bit bulky) looks like the pieces were originally selected with the intention of making a sub, not two wheeled vehicles.

Hello,

and thank you for your nice comments! :sweet:

It was really great fun to see every piece finally taking its final place in the little creation. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Another lovely Creator alternative, Legostein! I can just imagine this diving down to the wreck of the Titanic. :wub:

I'm always impressed by your imagination with these alternative models. I'd never have thought to make a submarine out of two vehicles.

Awesome MOC Legostein. I love how you've made something so different out of those two sets, and I do have a fondness for submarines...not sure why... Well, keep up the good work. :classic:

Awesome stuff.

Thanks for the instructions too!!

Its really crazy how even a simple build like that has so many steps!

Edited by bricklayer

Hello, and thank you for the nice comments! :sweet:

I am not sure what will be next. Inspiration will tell me. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris