Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: The Cyclone

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

5955756276_772dab2d9c_z.jpg

The Cyclone is a tri-swivel-fan jet designed for speed. Intended as a race plane it was co-opted as a fast reconnaissance jet when the Empire of the Lion declared war on the Free State Alliance. Like many planes in the air war, this jet is unique and has been grouped with a selection of other speedy sport planes to fly missions over enemy airfields and landing pads.

The three swivel fans allow for a good kick and a surprising boost when in the air and a variety of fins make it exceedingly manoeuvrable. Like all former civilian aircraft, the Cyclone has been fitted with two pulse blasters, guns that utilise a weakness in the enemy shielding system to short out the command computers in the countless drones sent out by the imperial forces.

Another Sky-Fi creation, The Cyclone was first conceived as a take on the Captain Boomerang planes that feature in the DC Tangent Universe books. However when I got to building I ran away with myself and ended up with this. I am perfectly happy with the end result. The stickers are mostly from Exo-Force with the roundels from my selection of plane themed stickers.

More on Brickshelf when moderated

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I like it, it's refreshing to see a small craft that doesn't look like it came straight our of Star Wars.

It looks like a ship from a video game I've played before, but for the life of me I can't think if what it is called.

Well done, I love the angle of the wings on this fighter, it kind of has a B-2 Spirit feel! :thumbup:

First to mind, where do you Brickers get these parts from? Very cool model indeed, my grandson is going nuts right now over this.

So am I, again, nice 5 star build, pleased to meet you Bricker.

First to mind, where do you Brickers get these parts from? Very cool model indeed, my grandson is going nuts right now over this.

So am I, again, nice 5 star build, pleased to meet you Bricker.

Thanks Big Cam, it always bothers me how pervasive the influence of Star Wars is, it must be a side affect of many builders also being Star Wars fans :laugh:

Fires-Storm, thanks. I have a wide range of influences when making a plane, I did mention that I started off one I saw in a comic book, but I also have a lot of books with pictures of aircraft through the ages. These all help when I start building!

legodac, years of collecting in my case. I have purchased a lot of sets over the years and once I have finished with the set it often comes apart as soon as I need parts. I have a lot of Lego these days. Glad that it is also exciting kids other than my little brother!

Yay! More Sky-Fi! I think that's my favourite of yours :wub: Lovely clean lines :drool:

So sleek and pretty! :wub: I love the use of the cheese wedge pieces here. It's nice to see you take on a modern plane as well as the little classics I've seen from you. You have a knack for aviation MOCs! They're really fantastic. If I was to suggest any improvement on this one, it would be to remove those 1x2 trans-clear bricks from underneath and actually make the thing so it hovers 19.2 mm over any surface. Did you create these decals or get them from another source again? If so, they're very cool. I'm glad he has a license plate. :grin: Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

So sleek and pretty! :wub: I love the use of the cheese wedge pieces here. It's nice to see you take on a modern plane as well as the little classics I've seen from you. You have a knack for aviation MOCs! They're really fantastic. If I was to suggest any improvement on this one, it would be to remove those 1x2 trans-clear bricks from underneath and actually make the thing so it hovers 19.2 mm over any surface. Did you create these decals or get them from another source again? If so, they're very cool. I'm glad he has a license plate. :grin: Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

The stars are from my plane sticker collection. I can't recall if they are from some other kit or just a random plane sticker set (I am a fan of planes :laugh: )