Sign in to follow this  
def

The Coming Darkness - Conclusion

5907668256_ed9ceb4773_b.jpg

5945147682_0fa2421fd1_z.jpg

The town was confident that they had solved the mystery of who was killing them in the town; they surrounded Bananakin, who up until then had been one of their leaders.

5944592429_62a69eacfb_z.jpg

Beat her, kill her!

The town pounded on her, but when the last beat had hit, and her heart had grown silent...

5944592513_2296816c68_z.jpg

Bananakin rose in a glow of black light.

5944592579_01e269fd1e_z.jpg

She rose to the stage, where she was joined by her fellow dead. The Dark Ones had revealed themselves.

5944592675_48ca6447c0_z.jpg

They gently floated to the floor and began their incantations, without anyone to stop them this time. This time, they would be able to summon the Dark Ones, and bring about a new world order. The sky began to open and the world faded to ~

5944592773_67c5eb89d0_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations to Kartoffelviking, Eskallon, Donut, cralegoboy, Professor Flitwick, Pandora, Fugazi, ADHO15, Roncanator, and last but not least, Brickdoctor.

As I wrote in the introduction, the game was the Town's to lose, and unfortunately, they weren't able to figure it out. But, I think you guys did a good job.

Now, I didn't invent this game, it was a game I played on another forum devised and hosted by a devious fellow named CookieJon. A lot of the rules were taken from his original game, so I can only take hosting credit. He's a crafty bastard.

The Dark Ones' Writeboard here: http://123.writeboard.com/w9ldcpe0vkh4ufia/login (pw: killkillkill).

Player Feedback

Now, up front, I emphasized that this was a one-week game, that it was not a proper mafia game, that it was a no-PM game, and that participation was important. With that in mind, I give this feedback. And though it was not a mafia school game, I think the pass/fail system is helpful in getting across whether your playing was satisfactory.

Brickdoctor - Big pass - I thought you did a great job. You were the only person who was paying attention to the stuff that didn't add up, like the announcement on day four that the initial murder wasn't a murder after all. You were the one the scum was most afraid of. It was dumb luck you were lynched on day four. Fugazi's murder led to the cleared CallMePie, while ADHO15's murder led to nobody. I wonder if the game result would have been different if those murders had been investigated.

Kartoffelviking - Pass - You were the first taken out and stayed into the game throughout. My only criticism would be that you seem pretty bloodthirsty about handicapping the Town. Fair enough, I would let you play again.

Bob the Construction Man - Fail - Sorry Bob. I really expected more from you, because of your experience and the fact that you've hosted mafias and mysteries. More participation, more interest. I think even if someone had figured out the mystery, you locked a vote in ten hours earlier and didn't check back in.

robuko - Pass - This was a great first game for you. You enthusiastically tried to solve things. I'd like to see you participate in regular mafia games. Hopefully there will be another mafia school game you can sink your teeth into, which will also be more standard.

ADHO15 - Fail - You barely participated. Again, you're a game host. Not a mafia host, but still, I expect you to honor your agreement to play when you sign up.

Donut - Fail - Simply because you didn't read the rules, and was the one to send a PM. I came down hard on you for that, and I'm sorry about that. At that point, I didn't know you, and I needed you to be quiet for the rest of the game. EB can have some immature members, and I didn't know what kind of reaction you would have. You reacted incredibly maturely, and I would have no problem putting you into another game. I think you learned your lesson. Again, sorry. :blush:

Eskallon - Pass - You didn't do too much, but you were able to add to the game.

Mrlegoninja - Pass - You participated in spurts, but I got the feeling that you were actively interested. Bad move on day four saying that you didn't need an extra investigation card. What's with that?

MacK - Pass - Again, you were interested in the game and put effort in. Good job.

Big Cam - Big Pass - You were working really hard to win, and I have a feeling that, despite surviving day one, you're going to be somewhat pissed at me :blush:

Rumble Strike - Pass - You were trying to win, and spent lots of time trying to figure out the possible killers. Good job.

Professor Flitwick - Pass - You were active in the day threads and the writeboard. Good job.

CallMePieOrDie - Pass - You were very active and tried to solve the mysteries. Good job.

Badboytje88 - Pass - You were a little less active than other players, participating in spurts, but I think you did well.

cralegoboy - Pass - Another hard worker, good job.

Roncanator - Pass - You worked hard to solve the mysteries.

sok117 - Pass - You were really into it, so I can imagine the disappointment, but I was impressed at your attempts to lead.

Jedi master Brick - Fail - There are a number of issues here. The first is your maturity in thread, plus the problems with your spelling, and the number of non-English words. Your reaction to being told not to break rules was inappropriate, and when taken out of the game, you said nothing. I don't know your age, but I'd estimate 13 or 14. I wasn't impressed.

Pandora - Pass - You were only in for a day, but you put effort in there, and on the Writeboard. Thanks for stepping in.

Burman - Fail - You didn't participate. A single post on day one for a confirmed Townie, and no vote on day two. You need to rethink your mafia game play strategy.

Fugazi - Pass - Same as Pandora, thanks for stepping in.

Oh yes, and a big thank you to SI-mocs, for helping out while I slept. I hope it was a good experience for you, and you really helped the whole game run smoothly. :thumbup:

Muahahahaha! Evil has triumphed!

Sorry guys, I would never have figured it out either.

For the record, all the clues led to the people who died the day before. And you guys mentioned it a few times, like that only Flitwick and Brickdoctor fit the bill, and sure enough, it was Flitwick!

what a dirty dirty trick :angry: this is witch hunt mafia all over again.

I'm a little bit disappointed and would never have figured it out. But thanks for letting me play nonetheless. :classic:

what a dirty dirty trick :angry: this is witch hunt mafia all over again.

Give it a few hours to sink in. The clues were there, and there was a mystery. This was not a mafia game.

Give it a few hours to sink in. The clues were there, and there was a mystery. This was not a mafia game.

Yeah I got the clues, I'm just a little angry that we didn't see it earlier (Edit: nevermind earlier, "at all" is more accurate). I was wondering what was up with the applesauce.

Edited by sok117

First and foremost, thanks for a great game, def. This is me, Day One: We lynched a scum! :classic: Day Two: I didn't die, and we lynched a scum! :sweet: Day Three: I didn't die, and we lynched a scum! :excited: Day Four: I didn't die! :smug: Something's amiss... :sceptic: I won? :roflmao: I won! I won! :devil_laugh:

So...yeah. I had a great game. Only about two to three hours of despair. The rest was thrilling, elated excitement.

I don't want to spoil anything for readers who didn't read the scum writeboard, but let me just say I really wish robuko could've won, too.

So I'm heading to bed now, and I'll read the board thing later, but for now...... Dammit.

You suck def :tongue:

Just reading over the write board and I'm just going crazy. Something was always weird, cause there was like nothing making sense anymore. More kills each night, why didn't they just kill everyone on night one! I can't believe I didn't see it. Soooo close. Currently banging my head against the desk. And why does Eskallon think I'm a girl? Sorry about the post about the grammar, I know I have no reason to say anything, but I was getting mad :angry:. I'm anxious to see the pass and fail, cause I tried a passive technique here, that should work in mafia games to get me to the end, from there I can review the game and see whats what, obviously I didn't do a good job with that. I'm excited to here about Bloodbrick 2 though ! :cry_happy:

But for now

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

While I'm thinking about it, sorry if I sort of made fun of any of you townies in the write board, I was just having too much fun watching day four to not post some of my favorite quotes. :grin:

Brickdoctor - Big pass - I thought you did a great job. You were the only person who was paying attention to the stuff that didn't add up, like the announcement on day four that the initial murder wasn't a murder after all. You were the one the scum was most afraid of. It was dumb luck you were lynched on day four. Fugazi's murder led to the cleared CallMePie, while ADHO15's murder led to nobody. I wonder if the game result would have been different if those murders had been investigated.

Why thank you. :blush: I'm still kicking myself, because in retrospect, I can see all the obvious hints. The unintentional death of Hing. The fact that investigations of suspected people always turned up with Town readings. The pattern of night kills, one, two, three. And yes, the clues that led to lynched. The clues pointing to myself and Flitwick should've been a dead giveaway, especially after I posted saying how there should be a second suspect and someone else pointed out that the only other suspect with that description was Flitwick.

But, in the end, thank goodness for dumb luck. :laugh:

Here's my role PM, if anyone's interested:

Congratulations, you are a member of The Town.

Your character is Bananakin Skywalker - Town bicycle

This is your avatar: 5907888754_663c52784e_m.jpg

Please use it either as your avatar or place it in your signature.

This is your full role photo, which you may show in thread if you so choose:

5907890244_7a797066a2.jpg

And these are your two Witness Cards, which you may play at any time during the game day:

[snip][snip]

SI-mocs will be assisting me in this game, if you have any questions, reply in this PM thread, and one of us will get back to you.

Remember, this is a no-PM game. Have fun, and good luck!

By the way, my absolute favorite part of the game? Challenges. Application of knowledge of LEGO to this game is a great touch, and one that I feel should be done more often. :thumbup:

Great job everyone.

It was a difficult mystery to solve, and I was rooting for you town :wink:

--

And an apology to Professor Flitwick, on day two, the clue sent to him/her I did indeed left the wrong pronoun in: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57579&view=findpost&p=1026304

No more games during work - it's too stressful/time consuming!

Me thinks I'll wait for next vacation to play ;)

Edited by SI-mocs

That was mean. :tongue:

Good game everyone, although I'm not particularly fond of trick games like this, it was rather interesting to play. :thumbup:

I'd like to apologize to CallMePieOrDie, I think I was a bit rude to him on day four. Just want him to know that it wasn't personal! :classic:

Although badboy, it really was a no-PM game...

I'd like to apologize to CallMePieOrDie, I think I was a bit rude to him on day four. Just want him to know that it wasn't personal! :classic:

Same here. I was sleepy and all that went through my head was 'You idiots, make it a little less ***ing obvious next time...' :laugh:

I'm anxious to see the pass and fail, cause I tried a passive technique here, that should work in mafia games to get me to the end, from there I can review the game and see whats what, obviously I didn't do a good job with that.

Now, that's a massive problem in EB games, this focus on making it to the end. Most sites have a winning team, and not a focus on survivors. There are a few problems with this:

-People win through laying low. That's not good game play.

-There is little self sacrifice, because people don't have a team mentality.

-Good players are often taken out early, which implies they aren't good players since they don't "win"

-Bad players luck into wins simply by being bad and no threat to others.

-This makes the game boring.

More aggressive game play is necessary. In Bloodbrick II, you can be sure there will be no 'survivor list' and that it will be a team win.

Although badboy, it really was a no-PM game...

He PM'd? :wall:

He PM'd? :wall:

A little before the end of Day Four. But hey, apparently we were supposed to break your 'You must vote' rule, so... :grin:

Now, that's a massive problem in EB games, this focus on making it to the end. Most sites have a winning team, and not a focus on survivors. There are a few problems with this:

-People win through laying low. That's not good game play.

-There is little self sacrifice, because people don't have a team mentality.

-Good players are often taken out early, which implies they aren't good players since they don't "win"

-Bad players luck into wins simply by being bad and no threat to others.

-This makes the game boring.

More aggressive game play is necessary. In Bloodbrick II, you can be sure there will be no 'survivor list' and that it will be a team win.

Yeah, I know it's horrible. I hope I managed to redeem myself towards the ends hopefully? But to be honest, after the clues, it wasn't like there was much to discuss really. It's also really hard to maintain that team mentality when vereyone could be a lying backstabing piece of scum. Which makes these games ever so harder. I find it funny how "good players" are taken out early, when shadows I believe has still won the most games :laugh: . However, even though some people weren't as active as they could be, I still thought the game was very entertaining. Well at least right up until the end :tongue:

And what does "although badboy, it really was a no PM game..." mean? who PMed?

Edited by sok117

Well it's not really a system if nobody milks it, right?

Bu yes, I understand it, and I like it. The fact that this was to be a team win allowed me to be a lot more open and aggressive, as opposed to during Isla Paradisa, wherein first Captain Tamamono, myself, and later KartoffelViking did a lot of the decisions on investigating, and our theories were relayed to KielDaMan, who was acting as the open ringleader. (which is not to say that he didn't have a huge part in the strategy, but I know I wasn't very open with mine) Much less fear of death with the team win.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Yeah, I like the ideas of all or nothing wins. But then at the same time, people who didn't even do anything would also be winners, so the question would be where the line is drawn.

Yeah, I like the ideas of all or nothing wins. But then at the same time, people who didn't even do anything would also be winners, so the question would be where the line is drawn.

But with survivors win, there's always the players who fly under the radar the whole game and hope to ride on the rest of the Town's efforts to a victory.

I was expecting to say this a few days ago..

Fantastic game, def! Absolutely blinding, and so well thought out and carefully managed. I know you got the concept from elsewhere, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that you put so much into this game. You really are an evil genius. In the nicest possible way. :blush: You and SI-mocs (dark def) were constantly vigilant and worked so hard to keep the momentum of the game going, and your high production values were evident throughout. This just makes me even more excited at the prospect of future games from you. :excited:

Thank you so much for my opportunity to play, I had a blast and was very happy to step in and participate. :sweet:

For the record, I very much doubt I'd have worked it out if I'd lived.

For the record, I very much doubt I'd have worked it out if I'd lived.

Same for me.

And looking back, it's ironic that I have no one to thank for my win but my enemies. Everyone I worked so hard to lynch became Dark Ones, and up until the last post of Day Four I was opposing the Dark Ones, who worked to get the Townies who were my enemies because I believed they'd turned on me to lynch me which ultimately made me a winner. So, thanks, guys. :wub:

Edited by Brickdoctor

Sign in to follow this