Khorne

Help me decide!

Chinese Soldier  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What soldier should I use?

• Number 1?
    • Number 2?
    • Or Number 3?

I'm thinking about doing an adventurers story similar to the one of Athos. It will be set in China and will feature a young Johny Thunder and Lord Sinister. All that has been decided, but the one thing I can't really decide on is how I should make the Chinese bad guys. I always liked the Lego ones, but I think that in a world with guns, spears don't really make a difference ;-) . Now, I made this poll so you people can vote on which one I should use. The choices are: 1) the standard guy, but with a gun; 2) a more historicaly correct one; 3) a more modern looking one.

Pictures:

Chinese Soldier 1

Chinese Soldier 2

Chinese Soldier 3

I would say the 3rd guy, I think he looks the most modern. The 2nd guy in blue, I just didn't find that his head looked any good with the blue outfit. Number 1 guy looked pretty good, but I think that he looks a little too old style to be using a gun.

I would go with the 3rd guy.

Chewie

I chose Number 1 though number 3 is really great, too!!! Just do NOT take number 2 ;-)

did you consider m,aking a number three with a black cavalry cap, that might look good aswell. Or perhaps an aviation helmet without the goggles part?

#1 or 3. 3 would be better if you can get his arm colour to match his leg colour. Otherwise, I would pick 1.

I'm thinking about doing an adventurers story similar to the one of Athos.

That should actually be one... and I am honored to be imitated. Johnny is actually going to have an Asian adventure soon, but its going to be a involved story, so I've been putting off doing it.

Now, I made this poll so you people can vote on which one I should use.

I vote for the first one, but rather than the more modern rifle, give him the musket.

Steve

#1 or 3. 3 would be better if you can get his arm colour to match his leg colour. Otherwise, I would pick 1.

But if I give number three dark grey arms, he looks so... grey. There's almost no variety in his color, that's why I gave him light grey arms.

I'm thinking about doing an adventurers story similar to the one of Athos.

That should actually be one... and I am honored to be imitated. Johnny is actually going to have an Asian adventure soon, but its going to be a involved story, so I've been putting off doing it.

Now, I made this poll so you people can vote on which one I should use.

I vote for the first one, but rather than the more modern rifle, give him the musket.

Steve

But the musket looks so old fashioned :-/ . I don't really think it fits between the more modern guns the adventurers use.

I think it actually fits quite perfectly. At that time, the import of American guns wasn't that much developped and musquets are more accurate then.

Actually they did have modern guns. The Germans and French equipped China with modern weaponry after China said it wanted to modernise it's army. The new guns weren't as numerous, but they were certainly there.

But if I give number three dark grey arms, he looks so... grey. There's almost no variety in his color, that's why I gave him light grey arms.

How about light gray arms and legs. It just looks wierd to my eyes. That way the body would look like it was dressed in a dark gray jacket.

I voted number three. While I also think number one looks good, I think the hat makes him look a little old fashioned. If you were giving them muskets it would fit, but in my opinion, giving him the musket and the hat looks a little odd.

With number three, I really like the way that hat fits with the rest of the figure. I think the arms look fine, but if other people don't, maybe you could try black arms?

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I look forwards to you story. :-)

I did the same ;-)

I really love n