Sign in to follow this  
ArzLan

Al Khazneh

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Built for Hong Kong Animation Festival ACGHK

2011 Lego architect contest - the classic film by my puzzle.

My Brickshelf Gallery

It is unknown as to why Al Khazneh was originally built, probably between 100 BC and AD 200. Its Arabic name Treasury derives from one legend that bandits or pirates hid their loot in a stone urn high on the second level. Significant damage from bullets can be seen on the urn. Local lore attributes this to Bedouins, who are said to have shot at the urn in hopes of breaking it open and spilling out the "treasure" within (the decorative urn, however, is solid sandstone). Another is that it functioned as a treasury of the Egyptian Pharaoh of the time of Moses (Khaznet Far'oun). Many of the building's architectural details have eroded away during the two thousand years since it was carved and sculpted from the cliff. The sculptures are thought to be those of various mythological figures associated with the afterlife.

by Wiki.

zimg_5421.jpg

zimg_5433.jpg

zimg_5455.jpg

eimg_5460.jpg

Thanks for your watch ! :classic:

Edited by ArzLan

Saw this on FBTB the other day - so much great parts usage to love. :wub: I also dig the simple design you've used for the horses' reins.

Wow, this is pretty amazing. Simply the work you did on the exterior would have impressed me, and you did an interior too :wub:

Thanks !

On the top of the mountain, have something keep secret.

Will be show everyone on next week.

Thanks all again and I need your vote.

Hello!

It looks like in real! :sweet: The ornaments on the exterior wall are amazing, and the use of the Jar Jar Binks headpieces is brilliant! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

ArzLan, I'd be grateful if you would resize your pictures to a maximum width of 800 pixels as per the site guidelines. Thanks.

I don't know what to say. :cry_happy:

It is really a work of art. I am in awe. This is a wonderful MOC.

I see, I will resize the photo today when I off my duty.

Sorry about this and thanks all.

Edited by ArzLan

Impressive creation 'ArzLan', excellent temple frontage......I'll say what I usually say too.....AWESOME ! :grin:

Good luck 'ArzLan' and Brick On ! :grin:

I really am amazed by the details you put in this MOC, ArzLan :wub:

The use of the Gungan heads for decoration is probably my favourite touch, but the rest is superb as well!

As Rufus said, please reduce the pics size to 800 pixels maximum, as per our Member Guidelines. Thank you :sweet:

Fantastic job on the build. This came out wonderfully detailed. I love the SNOT work on the interior especially and very creative use of Jar-Jar's heads on the exterior. Very well done default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

This is such an extremely impressive creation Arzlan! It definitely has that instant "Wow-factor" at first glance and upon closer look I can really appreciate the unique and intricate detailing of this build, my favorite of which is the clever use of the Gungan head ears. Truly an outstanding work! :thumbup:

Thank you!

But I in the online vote, seriously lagging behind in this game system, to get good grades, I believe that is impossible.

Forget it!

Whatever the outcome! The most important thing is to get your valuable support! Thank you.

What an absolutely epic creation! I honestly think every LEGO fan thought "I'd love to build that!" when this scene came up in The Last Crusade. You've done an amazing job here. I love seeing creative uses for pieces and mini-fig creature head molds make great textures. Awesome use of Jar Jar Binks heads here. I especially appreciate how much detail you put into making an interior as well. The "sets" inside are incredibly close to what the movie sets look like. The one small thing I would suggest for improvement would be using a different color than sand red for the canyon walls. I love that color, but against the other earth tones, it stands out as pink. I like to make suggestions for improvement, but this MOC barely needs it. A very small nitpick, but I'd like to offer something to an almost perfect creation. Really great work. :thumbup:

Thanks All !

Al Khazneh got the third. :laugh:

Hong Kong Animation Festival ACGHK 2011

Lego architect contest - the classic film by my puzzle

Winner 06.龍貓 My Neighbor, Totoro

Second 02 美女與野獸 (Beauty and the Beast)

Thank you for your support has always been, my work, lucky in the animation section of the game, got third place! Thank you friends in response to online voting! Also grateful to the spectators were valuable vote.

106.jpg

My eyes! It is soo beatifuly built!

If it is built simplier, it could be a perfectly playable Lego set!

Great work!

The MOC is drop dead gorgeous, and did you win a signed copy of the dvd trilogy?

Awesome.

The MOC is drop dead gorgeous, and did you win a signed copy of the dvd trilogy?

Awesome.

DVD for signatures only, Thanks! :laugh: