def

The Coming Darkness - Day Three

Once again, it seems all the clues have been found before I arrive.

I will double check any of the existing evidence if the town agrees it would be useful.

I am not certain which of the suspects seem the most likely to be Dark Ones.

Burrito hasn't really done anything to be suspicious, apart from being a bit quiet. But I also have, and I have just been busy with business and trading.

Scotty's attitude towards the Professor yesterday makes him the prime suspect in this case for me.

I do not know which of the Otoko murder suspects seems more suspicious at this stage.

Hopefully an investigation card can be put to good use later in the day.

I find Bubb to be the most suspicious. He is flying under the rader, not showing up to voice his opinion or vote. :sceptic:

I'm sorry that I'm not available at all hours of the day. I return to see seven more pages of script over the course of only a few hours. And all of the posts speeches are usually the same thing. I don't even have a chance to play a witness card, as by the time I get here all of the clues are solved.

I'd be delighted to play one now if you need it, but it would appear you've received a great deal of clues already. You know, why not?

witnesscard.png

I would like to investigate the murder of Professor Flutwick.

I've been trying to remember stuff from yesterday. Did you guys know that Mugg Kupp was one of the 3 to vote for Donena. I also found this post from Ram Strut. Seeing as he is a suspect now, this comment looks rather suspicious.

Maybe Ram likes the idea because he made it?

I find that accusation staggering because I was responding to your theory, along with several other people! However, you didn't seem to care that Mistress Kupp had been investigated and found as Town, and you didn't change your vote either. I find that very suspicious.

If you look through what I have said over the days, trying to dredge up potential Dark One behehaviour, you won't find anything. I vote towards the end of the day once the investigations have been completed, and each time, I voted for a Dark One to be lynched. My record is completely clean.

Therefore, based on the evidence, and knowing that I am Town, I think Mugg Kupp is a Dark One. However, as we have two killers to catch, and can only convict one, I will hold off voting for him in case we have better luck with the clues in the other murder and need votes for that.

Gosh, what a late night guarding, and still we failed to protect the innocent :angry:

Our muscle and our brains, taken from us in one night! This is murder most foul indeed. I think this evil gang must still have at least 3 or 4 members, let's hunt them down and save the town!

I do not find voting for Mistress Kupp to be particularly evidential. I thought it was more likely that the Professor was a Dark One, protecting Mistress Kupp. I was surprised, and hugely relieved in the town's vote, that Donena turned out to be a Dark One.

One thing we should remember is that 2 of our 4 clues for the Flutwuck murder came from Roweena, who initally said she was intending to narrow down the list of Otoko suspects, and then went on to look at a totally different case. I find that very confusing, Captain my Captain. So, I agree that the evidence is probably more robust in the case of the Otoko murder, and our investigator should focus on the suspects there.

Bubb, we are all looking forward to hearing your clue.

I find that accusation staggering because I was responding to your theory, along with several other people! However, you didn't seem to care that Mistress Kupp had been investigated and found as Town, and you didn't change your vote either. I find that very suspicious.

Don't take this so personal. :sweet: I know it was my theory and I still think it's a good theory. I must have missed the results of Futwucks investigation. I found out about Mistress Kupps innocence today. I was just looking through yesterdays conversations and I noticed your comment. You were very eager in your responce on my theory. Now that you are one of the two suspects it looked a little bit too eager. It was just something I noticed and I wanted to hear your and others responce to it. I'm not saying your a Dark one. If I thought you were I would have voted for you in my previous post.

Well, I got this for Flutwuck

The person fleeing the scene clearly was wearing a cape.

So that rounds it up, we received all the clues for Flutwucks death.

So lets summarize what we got so far:

Clues for Craig Otokos death:

• Lucky to you women, the person fleeing the scene was a man!
  • The person fleeing the scene looked a little green.
  • The killer was wearing a wedding ring.

I think this list is very helpful, my problem is I'm having trouble choosing one for either crime, does anyone have any information our even an argument to single one of these suspects out?

List of suspects:

5907888598_cce79fe9b6_m.jpg

5907888258_0246d5c102_m.jpg

Clues for Professor Flutwucks death:

• The person fleeing the scene clearly was wearing a cape.
  • The person fleeing the scene had pink skin.
  • The person fleeing the scene was not wearing a wedding ring

List of suspects:

5907332365_91817bfc48_m.jpg (Tried to get people to vote for Flutwick yesterday)

5907888048_6721a09e7e_m.jpg (Has been very quiet)

Oops, my comment ended up in the middle of the quote, I had said, the list is very useful, but I'm having a hard time choosing one for either crime, does anyone have any more info, our even an argument for one or the other?

So I thought a bit longer about the recent events, and it would seem that we have a credibility issue. Please bear with me.

One of the clues in the Otoko murder (wedding ring) was revealed by a suspect in the Flutwuck murder (Scotty Pie)

One of the clues in the Flutwuck murder (no wedding ring) was revealed by a suspect in the Otoko murder (Mugg Kupp), although Mugg's clue doesn't change the suspect list.

Two of the clues in the Flutwuck murder (cape and fleshie) were revealed by the same person, Roweena, and while one has been confirmed (the cape), the other (fleshie) has not. Roweena was heard defending Carly the Dark One on Day 1, so she's not beyond suspicion in my book.

The problem is that the Otoko clue and the fleshie clue should be validated before someone uses their Investigation card. If either one has been falsified, it could lead us to waste the Investigation card on the wrong suspects. We still have a few Witness cards, probably more than what we need tomorrow. So I urge those who are not current suspects to confirm the clues mentioned above before the Investigation is performed.

Today is moving much more slowly than previous days, but then in previous days I had been in somewhat of a fugue state.

We're awaiting the results of Bubb's witness card and also the claimant of the Investigation card (and thus an investigation). In the meantime we have narrowed the list of suspects down to two for each crime. Having gone over those of us who remain, I agree that it is an accurate and useful list.

We are also, as I said earlier, at the stage where we are receiving duplicate clues, however I'd still like to hear Bubb's witness card results to ensure they confirm the clues we already have.

As to who I suspect, well assuming the clues are correct then Scotty Pie must be a Dark One as I know I am not. I appreciate that no-one will take that statement at face value, however without the challenge winner investigating me and proving my innocence it's the best I can offer. With regard to the murder of poor Craig, I have difficulty separating the two suspects (Mug and Ram) but overall my gut feeling is that Ram is more likely. It is a gut feeling at best and I will need to try to remember the previous days events to see if I can back this up - I cannot provide anything concrete at present Ram, as I'm sure you'll ask me to.

With all that said, given that I am damn-near convinced Scotty must be a Dark One I will

vote: Scotty Pie (CallMePieOrDie)

However if further information regarding the murder of poor Professor Flutwuck turns up, including a new suspect and a decent defence from Scotty then I will reconsider my vote.

It must also be noted that with two crimes, there are two dark ones and this today could cause a disastrous split in our votes.

Without a doubt that is the only way we can go. In my opinion, we need to nail this, to get it right. I would go with Donena's strategy and vote off Mistress Kupp or the Professor. I believe that this would give us a really good insight into the relationship between both of these players and it would also reveal their side. If we turn out to be wrong then we know we can trust the Professor and I am sure he will help us even more.

Oops, my comment ended up in the middle of the quote, I had said, the list is very useful, but I'm having a hard time choosing one for either crime, does anyone have any more info, our even an argument for one or the other?

For the Flutwuck murder, I am a little suspicious of the evidence, but still waiting on Bubb's clue. It seems to me that IF our evidence has not been tampered with, Burman is the more suspicious, because -

He voted for Camanakin right after Banakin announced she was going to investigate, without waiting for results, and did not change his vote.

He was very very supportive of Donena yesterday, and tried hard to go for the Professor then.

I think I remember he said something that sounded to me like a threat to the Prof

post 161 of day 2

"Without a doubt that is the only way we can go. In my opinion, we need to nail this, to get it right. I would go with Donena's strategy and vote off Mistress Kupp or the Professor. I believe that this would give us a really good insight into the relationship between both of these players and it would also reveal their side.

If we turn out to be wrong then we know we can trust the Professor and I am sure he will help us even more."

So far, witness cards used

day 1

Carly (scum) clue - smiling

Donena (scum) clue - black

Robanakin clue - no wedding ring

Eskipo (Town) clue - black - confirms Donena

day 2

ScottyPie clue -woman

Donena (scum) clue - hair

Bananakin (Probably town) clue - no wedding ring :blush: got this wrong yesterday

Mugg clue - woman - confirms ScottyPie

Robanakin - tried to play but couldn't get specific information

In the first 2 days we used 8 of our possible 30something witness statements. 3 of the 8 clues were from scum. All were reported correctly so far, which has led to the conviction of 2 scum. This is a bad results for the Dark Ones so they may change their tactics in giving true clues.

day 3

Mrs le Go Ninja (Otoko case) clue - man

Bananakin (probably town, Otoko case) clue- green

ScottyPie clue (Otoko case, played when a suspect) clue- had a wedding ring

Mistress Kupp (town) clue - man

Roweena (Flutwuck case) clue - cape

Roweena (Flutwuck case) clue - pink

Mugg Kupp (Flutwuck case, played when a suspect) clue - no ring

Bubb Kupp(Flutwuck case) clue ???

Both Carly and Donena held out on us a long time for the clue, and both were scum. Bubb, will you please share your clue?

Sorry, I missed

Womanikin (Flutwuck case) clue - cape

we have obtained 9 witness statements, similar to the previous 2 days combined, I think we have to assume a similar proportion are from scum - although I hope the scum/town ratio should be moving in favour of cleaner evidence

For the Flutwuck murder, I am a little suspicious of the evidence, but still waiting on Bubb's clue. It seems to me that IF our evidence has not been tampered with, Burman is the more suspicious, because -

He voted for Camanakin right after Banakin announced she was going to investigate, without waiting for results, and did not change his vote.

He was very very supportive of Donena yesterday, and tried hard to go for the Professor then.

I think I remember he said something that sounded to me like a threat to the Prof

post 161 of day 2

"Without a doubt that is the only way we can go. In my opinion, we need to nail this, to get it right. I would go with Donena's strategy and vote off Mistress Kupp or the Professor. I believe that this would give us a really good insight into the relationship between both of these players and it would also reveal their side.

If we turn out to be wrong then we know we can trust the Professor and I am sure he will help us even more."

So far, witness cards used

day 1

Carly (scum) clue - smiling

Donena (scum) clue - black

Robanakin clue - no wedding ring

Eskipo (Town) clue - black - confirms Donena

day 2

ScottyPie clue -woman

Donena (scum) clue - hair

Bananakin (Probably town) clue - no wedding ring :blush: got this wrong yesterday

Mugg clue - woman - confirms ScottyPie

Robanakin - tried to play but couldn't get specific information

In the first 2 days we used 8 of our possible 30something witness statements. 3 of the 8 clues were from scum. All were reported correctly so far, which has led to the conviction of 2 scum. This is a bad results for the Dark Ones so they may change their tactics in giving true clues.

day 3

Mrs le Go Ninja (Otoko case) clue - man

Bananakin (probably town, Otoko case) clue- green

ScottyPie clue (Otoko case, played when a suspect) clue- had a wedding ring

Mistress Kupp (town) clue - man

Roweena (Flutwuck case) clue - cape

Roweena (Flutwuck case) clue - pink

Mugg Kupp (Flutwuck case, played when a suspect) clue - no ring

Bubb Kupp(Flutwuck case) clue ???

Both Carly and Donena held out on us a long time for the clue, and both were scum. Bubb, will you please share your clue?

Sorry, I missed

Womanikin (Flutwuck case) clue - cape

we have obtained 9 witness statements, similar to the previous 2 days combined, I think we have to assume a similar proportion are from scum - although I hope the scum/town ratio should be moving in favour of cleaner evidence

I am off on my night rounds, for now

Proxy Bananakin

I seem to have become confused, quoting myself :wacko:

Off to work, so i'll:

Proxy Bananakin

Back in 8 hours, not sure if it will still be daylight around that time.

post 161 of day 2

I appreciate your candour, Robanakin, but I am in a very difficult position. I will state, again, that for the last couple of days I have been in a fugue state and I myself have difficulty defending my recent actions. Indeed they make no sense to me whatsoever, so much so that I, too, would vote for this "Burman" if there were such a character.

However I am Burrito, I know I am innocent and I also know that investigating me will prove me so (assuming the investigator is also Town). If any of you are looking to blame me for this heinous crime, then I urge the challenge winner to clear my name once and for all, and please be cautious in interpreting my earlier actions.

Waking up to two deaths is not a pleasant feeling.

However I am glad to see that a lot of progress was made, which makes my job easier.

In the case of professor Flutwick, I think Scotty is the most guilty, due to his actions yesterday, and the clues pointing towards him. So with hesitation I vote: Scotty Pie

Let it also be noted that I could've easily gone through with voting for Flutwuck, considering she had 5 penalty votes, but then decided we might have better luck with Donena. Wouldn't it be frightentingly obvious if I decided to take her out yesterday night?

Here he clearly states that he was trying to vote for Flutwick, but then hopped on the bandwagon, if that doesn't scream suspicious I don't know what does. I guess it would be obvious, but perhaps he thought that we would not think him stupid enough to do it, and so he went ahead and killed the professor. I think that the case is best against him.

Here he clearly states that he was trying to vote for Flutwick, but then hopped on the bandwagon, if that doesn't scream suspicious I don't know what does. I guess it would be obvious, but perhaps he thought that we would not think him stupid enough to do it, and so he went ahead and killed the professor. I think that the case is best against him.

To me, the two are about equally suspicious right now. We need an Investigation. When we get that card, I think we should investigate Mugg, which would give us someone to lynch from Craig's death and give us a little more insight as to that clue that seems useless.

Today is moving much more slowly than previous days, but then in previous days I had been in somewhat of a fugue state.

We're awaiting the results of Bubb's witness card and also the claimant of the Investigation card (and thus an investigation). In the meantime we have narrowed the list of suspects down to two for each crime. Having gone over those of us who remain, I agree that it is an accurate and useful list.

We are also, as I said earlier, at the stage where we are receiving duplicate clues, however I'd still like to hear Bubb's witness card results to ensure they confirm the clues we already have.

As to who I suspect, well assuming the clues are correct then Scotty Pie must be a Dark One as I know I am not. I appreciate that no-one will take that statement at face value, however without the challenge winner investigating me and proving my innocence it's the best I can offer. With regard to the murder of poor Craig, I have difficulty separating the two suspects (Mug and Ram) but overall my gut feeling is that Ram is more likely. It is a gut feeling at best and I will need to try to remember the previous days events to see if I can back this up - I cannot provide anything concrete at present Ram, as I'm sure you'll ask me to.

With all that said, given that I am damn-near convinced Scotty must be a Dark One I will

vote: Scotty Pie (CallMePieOrDie)

However if further information regarding the murder of poor Professor Flutwuck turns up, including a new suspect and a decent defence from Scotty then I will reconsider my vote.

It must also be noted that with two crimes, there are two dark ones and this today could cause a disastrous split in our votes.

With so little to go off of, pending further clues and an investigation card, I will vote this way, for now, as it wrens to make the most sense with what we know.

Vote: Scotty Pie/CallMePieOrDie

Has everybody submitted their answers for today's challenge? I think I've found six things wrong with the picture so if somebody waiting to submit their answer I could post my answers here, although I think I'm still missing a couple.

Just keep in mind that the scum will also be able to see them.

Has everybody submitted their answers for today's challenge? I think I've found six things wrong with the picture so if somebody waiting to submit their answer I could post my answers here, although I think I'm still missing a couple.

Just keep in mind that the scum will also be able to see them.

Don't. Like you said, the scum will be able to see them. (assuming you're not scum and have already told them)

Don't. Like you said, the scum will be able to see them. (assuming you're not scum and have already told them)

Fair enough I'm just trying to help out, as I have nothing to hide.

If anyone has never used a witness card, I urge them to use it to investigate Flutwicks murder so we can know if anyone is lying.

I am more than happy to play a card, however as part of the investigation into the other murder my evidence may be viewed as tainted. I will definitely use a card for the good of the town if it is seen as being worthwhile though.

5929570006_a53815bf54.jpg

Challenge 3 is solved, the Investigation Card is awarded. The answers were:

1 The blue parcel on the roof sign is tilted the wrong way

2 The ice cream cart is the wrong way round, the umbrella should be on the inside

3 The left vent in the sidewalk is two studs over.

4 The flowers are the wrong way round, it should be 2 pink and a white on the right, 2 white and a pink on the left

Vote Tally:

Scotty Pie/CallMePieOrDie 6 (Pandora, sok117, Big Cam + Brickdoctor + Robuko + Badboy)

Proxy tally:

Camanikin/Big Cam 1 (Brickdoctor)

Bananakin/Brickdoctor 2 (Robuko, Badboytje)

Fair enough I'm just trying to help out, as I have nothing to hide.

I have no idea how you think this would help anything? If you already submitted your answers, there is no point for you to tell us, so we can what? Submit the same answers? That makes no dense, the first right answer would get it.

No. I said I liked the possiblity that Flutwuck could be a still-armed scum, so it would be an idea to vote for her. Maybe I should throw it out that the person who supported my idea was Camanakin, who is a confirmed townie. At the time, I was thinking that wouldn't it be more effective to kill a scum BEFORE they kill somebody? But shortly after, I decided the odds of doing that was highly unlikely, and also that the situation of that day was nearly identical to the one with Carly.

Would it honestly be at all smart for me to lead a short-lived campaign against someone and then kill them? That's the stupidest idea ever. I foolishly basically set myself up for framing, which I do openly admit.

Also notice yesterday I gave a clue that led us to the capture of Donena, while I easily could have tampered with it. Yeah, it seems like I did jump on the bandwagon, but considering I could've stopped that bandwagon from occuring if I was scum is rather interesting.

Whoever got the investigation card, please consider investigating me. With the way the votes are going I don't have much else to do but pray for an investigation.

How about this: today we focus on Craig's murder, since I gave a clue for it. If it turns out we catch a Dark One, then I obviously wasn't lying about that clue either.

How about this: today we focus on Craig's murder, since I gave a clue for it. If it turns out we catch a Dark One, then I obviously wasn't lying about that clue either.

Finally, someone else comes to that conclusion.

Let's hope the winner of the investigation card plays it in time for us to respond. I've changed my mind, though, I think it would be best to investigate Scotty. In the Otoko case, his is the only clue that matters. (at least from my point of view) The green skinned clue was mine. I know I'm a Townie, and it appears most of you guys do as well. Le Goninja's clue about men doesn't matter, because if you apply my clue first and then hers, the only suspect eliminated is Mistress Kupp, and she's pretty much a confirmed Townie already. Scotty's clue is the key to that case. And if you investigate Scotty, you also narrow the suspect list in the Flutwuck case down to one.

Oh, and I Unproxy: Camanakin Skywalker (Big Cam).

One thing we should consider is that perhaps a Dark One has won the challenge and won't be using the investigation card. In which case, we're on our own to figure out who to vote for. Actually, this should probably be decided right now, before it's too late to make up our mind.

Le Goninja's clue about men doesn't matter, because if you apply my clue first and then hers, the only suspect eliminated is Mistress Kupp, and she's pretty much a confirmed Townie already.

Plus I've confirmed the clue myself. :wink:

One thing we should consider is that perhaps a Dark One has won the challenge and won't be using the investigation card. In which case, we're on our own to figure out who to vote for. Actually, this should probably be decided right now, before it's too late to make up our mind.

Good point.

In that case, for Craig's death, I'm a little suspicious of Mugg for that apparently useless clue he got. But neither of them strikes me as suspicious enough to lynch. For Flutwuck's death, both suspects seem a bit suspicious. There are more facts against Scotty, but there are also some facts going for him. Burrito, on the other hand, hasn't really done anything, and his sudden change of personality makes him hard to judge. My gut tells me it's Burrito, and it hasn't been wrong yet, but I'm not sure if that's just because I have been in a game where Pandora looked very Townie and was, in fact, the smartest of the scum have had a bad past experience with him. For now I'm on the fence as far as Burrito is concerned, but at the same time, Scotty strikes me as a Townie. Not really explainable, just the way I view him after his actions of the past Days.

Plus I've confirmed the clue myself. :wink:

That, too. :blush: