The Mugbearer

MOC: Protoss Zealot

While surfing the Brickshelf, I has found a folder with photos of Rocka-Stormer combiner and has been impessed with beast-like structure of it's legs.

And then I've decided to use this scheme to make the Protoss in LDD ('cause I ever wanted to).

And here he is! Enjoy!

lddscreenshot270.png

lddscreenshot271.png

Get the .LXF file

It is great, really resembles a zealot.

Zealot-protoss.gif

And IMO the bionicle version is better than the brick version.

ZealotVersusLings.jpg

Unfortunately, as rumors says, MegaBlocks already bought StarCraft license. And I saw Halo minifigs and already sold my soul to MB. T_T

"My life for Aiur!" Well done, no mistaking that one. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, as rumors says, MegaBlocks already bought StarCraft license. And I saw Halo minifigs and already sold my soul to MB. T_T

:sad:

Artanis I, En Taro Adun, brother! Glad you like him! )

And don't be so hard about MegaBlocks. They are cool at the some sides. I like their Dragons. ^_______^

And... you just cant compare MB and Lego, 'Cuz Halo minifigs are Action Figures in mini-scale, and Lego minifigs... are minifigs, and that's says anything!

Nice MOC!I like espicially like the hair. :sweet:

Don't get your hopes up on LEGO making those kind of themes- They would NEVER make such a violent theme.

Artanis I, En Taro Adun, brother! Glad you like him! )

And don't be so hard about MegaBlocks. They are cool at the some sides. I like their Dragons. ^_______^

And... you just cant compare MB and Lego, 'Cuz Halo minifigs are Action Figures in mini-scale, and Lego minifigs... are minifigs, and that's says anything!

Ah, let's not get too leaned into Megashit, shall we? :laugh:

Edited by TheRedGuy

First of all: DO WANT THIS.

The HF-Zealot looks awesome. It looks so awesome I'm even reconsidering getting Rocka (or even Rocka XL) just to have enough gold armour to build a Zealot as well (but on the other hand, I could use different colours, like yellow...).

But since LDD doesn't work so well on my PC, I haven't downloaded the file yet.

When it comes to MegaBloks... I own one of those small jet-bike-thingies from the Dragon wave and a Steel Spartan Figure. While I do like the design of the Spartan (and the rider of the jetbike), MB is in terms of clever part use definitely interior to LEGO.

The aforementioned bike uses a quite large main body and you just put a few pieces (from which at least the half of them isn't really supposed for any other use) on it. LEGO sets of a similiar size feature way more versatile parts.

However, if the Halo Wars sets from MB were actually released in Germany, I'd most likely bought one or two of the small ones, mostly for figs (I got the Steel Spartan on eBay).

This model has been designed after I've finished Zealot.

Nothing really special - brown pieces represents parts of Dark Templar's leather armor (without gems actually), plus his 'thresses' (this word means Protoss' hair analogue) are shorter.

lddscreenshot272.png

lddscreenshot278.png

lddscreenshot279.png

Get the LXF-File

Ah, that's pretty simple! You are takin' two T-like connectors (doesn't matter with which type of hole), 3-length axle and balljoint with hole. You are connecting those parts together in order to make flat rod with two pins on the one side - those'll allow you to attach the rod on the back of HF 2.0/3.0 torso and then attach the armor piece you want on his back.

Edited by -N13OS-

To be honest, I don't know exactly what you mean... but that's just because I don't know the right terms for all the parts (neither in English nor in German). :grin:

Anyway, maybe I'll just download the file of the templar and check it out for myself.

I just gave the Zealot a closer look and I thin I'll try to make a MOC using your build. Is it okay if I'll upload that MOC on MOCpages, then? Of course I'll give you credit for the basics and the idea. :wink:

Good to know that you're on MOCpages too!

I've already built my Protoss-MOC yesterday (today I finished him), but I'm not sure when I'll make pictures of him. Maybe tomorrow, but maybe it'll have to wait till weekend.

Just so you know, it's not an exact replica of your design but rather a MOC basing on it. I recreated the anatomy of the Zealot, but with a lot less armour and different colours (I also gave him different weapons).