Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: Day 2

Once again, I'm wondering: Is there something about Dad I missed, or is it simply the fact he doesn't really talk that often?

Excuse me? I'm right here. Go count how many times I've spoken today. Have I been quiet by any stretch? :look:

Really? I beg to differ. At least I've tried to help and deduce what we've got to work with rather than standing around chatting about pie. :wacko:

Tssk, silly me, I hadn't really noticed. :laugh: I guess I'll just have to take your word for it then Jacob, but thank you for chiming in with your insightful and thoughtful comments on our situation. :sweet:

Oh wait... :look:

:hmpf:

Anyway, I've decided to vote.

Vote: Irena / Shadows

She seems to be trying to fly under the radar, and much like Dragina, contributes little (except even less now). Yes, Amy is suspicious, but I believe that she's more than made up for her absence yesterday with all of her chatter today. Also, I believe that the scum have used a tactic where they take out the most trustworthy members of our family (Henry). There's also the point about how the blame could be shifted to Tammo and Petra because of Henry's accusations towards them yesterday. Henry's death very well could've been the disloyal members trying induce just this.

Like my lovely wife said, I will go with my gut feeling on this one.

Once again, I'm wondering: Is there something about Dad I missed, or is it simply the fact he doesn't really talk that often?

No, I'm just pointing out that he does seem slightly suspicious.

I think you're going a bit far. It is strange Amy is so sure Fuchsia's town, and I don't really believe in Fuchsia's excuse for not taking Amy to the list, just because she talked twice that day. And I wouldn't say Fuchsia was that much of a graet townie.

Thinking about it, she just brought up three ideas how to act, of which two were both pretty helpful for the not loyals, and composed a list of four people who hadn't helped us at all till then. It was certainly of avail, but talking of her as "great townie" is a bit much, isn't it?

No, no, I was being sarcastic. That's why 'great townie' is in quotations.

Well, It appears that quite a few people are suspicious of Amy and my wife.

I am quite confused on the matter, but I'm a bit concerned that voting Amy off may be a mistake. I understand that we have less than 12 hours before the day ends, but I'm just not convinced. My chief concern is Fuchsia's list. I've been thinking about it and I just can't figure how a scum would come up with that list. Allow me to explain:

First there's the obvious, oft' mentioned, "a scum wouldn't draw that much attention to him/herself" (spoken in a bratty kid's voice) which is not entirely true as we've all pointed out in circular argument format, but, in this case, it really makes sense. In writing a list for all to see of people she "suspects", not only did she make those people suspicious of her, but she also made everybody else question her. Secondly, I've been trying to figure out how a scum, knowing full well where loyalties lie, would be able to make such a thing. How would a scum, who's sole goal in this game... of life is to kill off all the loyals and live to tell the tale, concoct a list which would achieve that goal without drawing suspicion. She couldn't make all 4 innocent, at that point, she couldn't blame it all on bad luck or a misjudgment, and she'd be lynched or vigilante-ed. And at the same time, putting any scummies on the list would endanger her chances of winning. I just can't conceive of a worse move for a scum to make aside from saying "I'm scum." (ok, that's kind-of an exaggeration but, it really would be a dumb thing to do). In my opinion, I'm either over estimating her, or she's loyal. Amy, I'm not so sure about, but it seems to me that the largest argument against her, correct me if I'm wrong, seems to be her bizarre trust in Fuchsia. The thing is though, I understand that sentiment. I'm not saying that I trust that either is innocent, but Amy's trust in Fuchsia seems logical to me in a way. :sceptic:

Amy, I'm not so sure about, but it seems to me that the largest argument against her, correct me if I'm wrong, seems to be her bizarre trust in Fuchsia. The thing is though, I understand that sentiment. I'm not saying that I trust that either is innocent, but Amy's trust in Fuchsia seems logical to me in a way. :sceptic:

Yes, that is the largest argument against her. We (at least I) am not suspicious only because it's Fuchsia she's putting her trust in but also because there is no private communication. There is no real reason for Amy to declare her trust in Fuchsia.

You make some excellent points. However, if we don't vote for someone today, then one of us will die randomly. Who would you vote for?

Amy's been quiet in the past and was a bit preachy this morning but she doesn't seem like scum as much to me as Irena. Irena has only spoken up it seems to berate those of us trying to work for the common good and just generally being sarcastic.

For now I will Vote: Irena Spalkowa (Shadows). I'm wiling to hear anything you have to say. Help us help you.

Even if you are Loyal, coming out and saying 'I think this person is good because of this, that, and the other thing' is not a good thing to do. Do you want to make it easier for the Not Loyals?

Look, I was just sharing my thoughts and opinions, which is pretty much all I can do since we can't talk in private. And if Aunty Fuchsia and I were some kind of scheming team, we'd be more subtle than that! Honestly... :hmpf:

I can see reason in your arguments, but that doesn't make them correct. In can see you as a townie struggling to get the truth, but you're seeing things that just don't exist. I'm not some crazy schemer like you're making me out to be. The fact that you think I'd be so lacking in subtlety if I was, is kind of insulting. :sceptic:

Look, I was just sharing my thoughts and opinions, which is pretty much all I can do since we can't talk in private. And if Aunty Fuchsia and I were some kind of scheming team, we'd be more subtle than that! Honestly... :hmpf:

I can see reason in your arguments, but that doesn't make them correct. In can see you as a townie struggling to get the truth, but you're seeing things that just don't exist. I'm not some crazy schemer like you're making me out to be. The fact that you think I'd be so lacking in subtlety if I was, is kind of insulting. :sceptic:

That's true, you two probably would've been more subtle if you actually were scum. I'm quite sorry if I insulted you.

I don't know, I've been exploring every possibility, but right now I'm starting to think that I was barking up the wrong tree all day. :sceptic: But who else could it be?

You make some excellent points. However, if we don't vote for someone today, then one of us will die randomly. Who would you vote for?

I know. I don't want anyone dying at random. (Well, I don't want any townies dying in general!) If someone has to be killed today let it be by conscious decision rather than by neglect of our duties. I, personally, am likely as confused as you are, but I agree that someone must be chosen to be voted off. I reviewed today's happenings and I think I agree most with arguments made against Irena. To me it does seem that she has been "flying under the radar" in ways and also seems (Now I may just be seeing things here. I probably am.) to be suggesting that Petra is guilty and trying to manipulate the crowd through subtle statements, such as

Hinckley, on 08 July 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

So, our suspects are

PP: Made an odd statement at the family reunion, that nobody but I think could mean she's scum

Me: Because I'm creepy and evil looking

Her response

You have a point there. I'm not sure which one of those is actually the point.

Followed by something about pie.

Which don't directly accuse Petra or even affiliate Irena to anyone accusing Petra but which might start a conversation leading to her conviction. Again, I'm probably just seeing something that's not here, but

Oh, poor chocolate faced fool of a brother! How could you make enemies so quickly? Were you on to something and they had to silence you?

Followed by something about pie.

This looks to me like a vague suggestion that people should look at Petra.

Irena has only spoken up it seems to berate those of us trying to work for the common good and just generally being sarcastic.

For the most part, I've noticed that too. It might just be just how she normally acts but I find it suspicious-ish.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Irena. Vote: Irena Spalkowa (Shadows)

I'm not entirely convinced and I'm still open to criticisms so please let them be forthcoming.

For the most part, I've noticed that too. It might just be just how she normally acts but I find it suspicious-ish.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Irena. Vote: Irena Spalkowa (Shadows)

I'm not entirely convinced and I'm still open to criticisms so please let them be forthcoming.

You're the first to place a proper vote after seeing things reasonably, which is decent evidence to be cleared as townie. Honestly I don't see a scum stepping forward and doing this right now. Your opinion about my mother... well, she has been talking about 'pie' every chance she gets, but she's also made some interesting comments. In particular, the one about utilising a split vote, so everyone votes but no one is convicted, thus resulting in no one getting killed off, since statistically it would likely have been a loyal family member.

Some would argue however, that voting is our only tool to get rid of the scum, and we must take the risk.

What I find disconcerting is Richelle's vote for me, when I explained each point she made against me. She didn't even acknowledge my rebuttals, perhaps she could see her accusations as enough to cast suspicion on me and get a loyal family member killed off. :distressed:

She made an early appearance yesterday, which someone trying to blend in would do, while playing the part of the emotionally frail wife, to invoke sympathy? :hmpf: She was suspected by daddy yesterday too. Her excuse was that she didn't have much to say, but really, does anyone? We all knew as much as each other back then (except the scum of course, but they'd pretend to not know anything to blend in), so that's really no excuse.

Hmmm, but she did argue against mother with Henry...

Hey, what about Dragana? :look:

Anyway, I've decided to vote.

She seems to be trying to fly under the radar, and much like Dragina, contributes little (except even less now). Yes, Amy is suspicious, but I believe that she's more than made up for her absence yesterday with all of her chatter today. Also, I believe that the scum have used a tactic where they take out the most trustworthy members of our family (Henry). There's also the point about how the blame could be shifted to Tammo and Petra because of Henry's accusations towards them yesterday. Henry's death very well could've been the disloyal members trying induce just this.

Sorry, Jacob, but I don't see what this has got to do with Irena or Amy :sceptic:

If my mathematics are correct, there appears to be a split vote between by sister and my mother. My own gut feeling has been a suspicion of Amy, and those that have voted for her seem to have use reasoned arguments, with the possible exception of Richelle. The arguments against Mother seem a little less substantial to me, although Daniel at least made an effort. My chief concern about Amy has been the overt trust, which I still find suspicious, and although she has to some extent mollified this concern, her rebuttals seem a little like distraction and finger-pointing to me:

You're the first to place a proper vote after seeing things reasonably, which is decent evidence to be cleared as townie. Honestly I don't see a scum stepping forward and doing this right now. Your opinion about my mother... well, she has been talking about 'pie' every chance she gets, but she's also made some interesting comments. In particular, the one about utilising a split vote, so everyone votes but no one is convicted, thus resulting in no one getting killed off, since statistically it would likely have been a loyal family member.

Some would argue however, that voting is our only tool to get rid of the scum, and we must take the risk.

What I find disconcerting is Richelle's vote for me, when I explained each point she made against me. She didn't even acknowledge my rebuttals, perhaps she could see her accusations as enough to cast suspicion on me and get a loyal family member killed off. :distressed:

She made an early appearance yesterday, which someone trying to blend in would do, while playing the part of the emotionally frail wife, to invoke sympathy? :hmpf: She was suspected by daddy yesterday too. Her excuse was that she didn't have much to say, but really, does anyone? We all knew as much as each other back then (except the scum of course, but they'd pretend to not know anything to blend in), so that's really no excuse.

Hmmm, but she did argue against mother with Henry...

Hey, what about Dragana? :look:

I mean, what about Dragana? :wacko: I don't know. The arguments against mother revolve purely around her being a little quiet and talking about pie, which is true, but my gut is still telling me there's something about Amy... I'm not sure I'm ready to give in to my gut and vote just yet, but that's the way I'm leaning right now :sceptic:

Sorry, Jacob, but I don't see what this has got to do with Irena or Amy :sceptic:

Sorry, sometimes I talk faster than I think. What I meant by that was, I don't think either Tammo or Petra were involved in Henry's murder, rather, someone else killed Henry for two reasons:

1. Because he seemed to be the most trustworthy. Without a trustworthy member of the family, we're almost back to where we were yesterday--suspicious of everyone. Perhaps the scum feared him, as well.

2. So that it would look like anyone with a conflict with Henry yesterday would've wanted him out of the way.

And with a decreasing amount of family members left, I took who I found most suspicious with those two out of the way (not that I found them suspicious, just not completely trustworthy).

I'm not going to try to convince you to vote for Irena, but I'm sticking with my vote. I just think that Amy is the wrong choice.

Vote count:

Amy Spalkowa / iamded: 3 (Dragonator, Peanuts, Ricecracker)

Irena Spalkowa / Shadows: 3 (JimButcher, CorneliusMurdock, Dannylonglegs)

11 hours, 23 minutes remains of the Day

Also, you said you would have defended Sammy if you had been there yesterday, blaming the ones who had jumped on the bandwagon. Once again, what made you think he was loyal? You admitted that he acted scummy.

Hey, I never stated I would have defended him. If I had more time to review his statements I may have found it fishy too, or perhaps I would have trusted him. I can't know that know, my judgement is clouded by the fact that he was innocent. I was being defensive of him because he was my father!

Btw, I'm not sure what your opinion about my Dad is? No accusation intended, I'm really asking, 'cause I'm a bit confused. He seems to be suspect to some people.[/url]

Your father? I don't really have an opinion on him. My opinion is neutral. :sceptic:

Let#s hope she'll turn out to be illoyal, I'd hate to kill a townie.

:hmpf: I won't go quietly. I'll look over my notes from Day 1 and try find someone else who seems suspicious.

And you all should note that just because I said Fuchsia seems the least scummy, doesn't make her townie! Doesn't mean I'm trying to clear her name! I was stating my own personal opinion, like how someone might in private messages share who they trust and who they don't. I also relatively trust my brother Rupert. Again, personal opinion. I don't trust Richelle at all, and both Dragana and even my own mother seem suspicious to me. But what do I know, I'm just a stupid kid, right Dragana? :hmpf:

I mean, what about Dragana? :wacko:

She's been just as helpful as... well, my mother. Reviewing my noted from yesterday, all she did in the first 6 pages was talk nonsense about pie. Clever, as it shows she's active and talking, without adding anything. Come the seventh page, she mentions... that we should kill the children. Then more pie talk. :hmpf: A couple of jabs at my father too. Hmm, reviewing your contributions Dragana, you don't seem to be helping much. What have you said today? You opened with more jabs at the children (What do you have against children? You were a child once! Long... long ago.) Then you come back on page 4 (of my notes...) like a big hero and kick-start the voting by voting for me. Actually, when Jacob pointed out you haven't contributed much, you just got snippy and called him a hypocrite. When looking back over Day 1's notes, Jacob seemed pretty helpful. He was agreeing with daddy at the beginning, before daddy started getting mixed up and confusing people, and y'know, actually trying to help. His contributions actually have substance, unlike others' pie-filled babble...

Vote: Dragana (Dragonator)

I agree that Dragana has been almost as suspicious as Irena. It was a tough choice. I went with Irena because of her insistence that we not vote anyone off the first day. She seems content to sit back and let us get picked off at night and still has not brought forth any suggestions or even her own thoughts on who might be scum. She's been given every chance to defend herself, so my vote against her stands right now.

Even though Amy is a little snot rag, I'm still not convinced she's scum.

Sorry, sometimes I talk faster than I think. What I meant by that was, I don't think either Tammo or Petra were involved in Henry's murder, rather, someone else killed Henry for two reasons:

It's possible Tammo or Petra were involved; I wouldn't be so hasty as to rule that out just yet. It would be a risky double-bluff for the traitors to undertake, but Uncle Henry was tenacious and they might have felt it worth the risk, unlikely as it may seem. Neither am I sure I'd have called Henry the most trustworthy yesterday - though obviously when you look back over what he said with the benefit of hindsight he does seem so - but maybe whoever killed him also felt as you do.

I'm not going to try to convince you to vote for Irena, but I'm sticking with my vote. I just think that Amy is the wrong choice.

If that's what your gut is telling, fair enough; mine is saying the opposite, but it's still only a feeling and I'm far from sure.

She's been just as helpful as... well, my mother. Reviewing my noted from yesterday, all she did in the first 6 pages was talk nonsense about pie. Clever, as it shows she's active and talking, without adding anything. Come the seventh page, she mentions... that we should kill the children. Then more pie talk. :hmpf: A couple of jabs at my father too. Hmm, reviewing your contributions Dragana, you don't seem to be helping much. What have you said today? You opened with more jabs at the children (What do you have against children? You were a child once! Long... long ago.) Then you come back on page 4 (of my notes...) like a big hero and kick-start the voting by voting for me. Actually, when Jacob pointed out you haven't contributed much, you just got snippy and called him a hypocrite. When looking back over Day 1's notes, Jacob seemed pretty helpful. He was agreeing with daddy at the beginning, before daddy started getting mixed up and confusing people, and y'know, actually trying to help. His contributions actually have substance, unlike others' pie-filled babble...

Dragana might have said less of substance than others, but she was (I think) the first to vote today, which would be a risky position for scum to take. Again, Amy dear sister, your finger-pointing isn't really helping your cause here, and accusing your accuser never looks good in my book.

As suspicious as Irena may be, she hasn't gotten a chance to defend herself yet, whereas Amy has, and frankly, her defense isn't that impressive. She basically just tried to put suspicion off on other people. This strikes me as a pretty scummy move, so for now I will:

Vote: Amy Spalkowa (iamded)

This is by no means a vote set in stone. I am willing to unvote if anything comes up.

Excuse me? I'm right here. Go count how many times I've spoken today. Have I been quiet by any stretch? :look:

Sorry, Dad, seems like you're right. :blush:

Wouldn't say Dragana is as helpful as Irena, Irena has at least made a few noteworthy comments. Not that I want to defend Irena, but I wouldn't vote for her today. My main suspects so far are Amy, Dragana and Richelle. Convicting Irena feels like a mistake to me in the moment.

All right, few hours left and still no conviction. Time for a list! :devil:

- Irena: Two days have gone by and you are still evasive and non-committal. I don't know it you're on my side or not, and I don't have anything to base a decision on. And that's a problem. You of all people surely know that a Loyal not helping his side by being pro-active, and making it obvious that he's Loyal, is just as bad as the scum. I understand where the votes against you today are coming from.

- Richelle: Where are you? Just like Irena, you're not helping us gauging you. You have voted with as much enthusiasm and conviction as if you were going to the dentist. It's not as if I could chat you up privately to find out where you're standing.

- Petra: You've been on my back all day, and you're defending Irena without obvious motives. On top of that, you made sure that we knew that you would have voted for Sammy yesterday... given more time I presume. Things add up slowly.

I'm not putting Dragana on my list, but she's not far from it. Starting a vote against Amy when there were already three people claiming she's suspicious is not very risky even for a scum, isn't it?

This is all for now I think. No, Amy is not on the list, haha. She may be foolish to claim her trust, but that's what a Loyal would do publicly when unable to communicate privately. Think about it.

Anyway, until I hear from her:

Vote: Irena Spankowa Spalkowa (Shadows)

- Petra: You've been on my back all day, and you're defending Irena without obvious motives. On top of that, you made sure that we knew that you would have voted for Sammy yesterday... given more time I presume. Things add up slowly.

I'm not defending Irena, I'm just saying, there are bigger suspects then her. What you all say against Irena is perfectly true. And I would have voted for Sammy, so why wouldn't I tell you?

Besides that, I agree with everything else you just said, except for Amy.

I appreciate your help, and I do realize Dragana is acting suspicious, but I don't think we should split the vote further. I ask you to reconsider your vote for Dragana, and vote for Irena, if you don't want to be convicted yourself. Convicting no one will get us know where, and lynching is the only way we're going to get answers (unless the investigator, if any, reveals themselves...).

I can hardly say I'm convinced, but we have to get to a conviction, so I'll unvote: Amy Spalkowa/Iamded and vote: Irena Spalkowa/Shadwos.

I'm still not convinced. All I can do is go with my gut feelings here, which have been telling me since yesterday that my sister Amy is one of the traitors. I realise how close the vote is, and I'll keep a close eye on the vote in the short time that remains, but for now I'll follow my instincts:

Vote: Amy Spalkowa (iamded)