Although Ï haven got the unimog yet i've build the snowplough already, without the pneumatic parts, out of my spareparts. With the black panels; and it looks good!

@ tripletschiee:If you look at the snowplough in the movie Conchas made on TB's, it will definitely will touch the ground.

Very nice ,I think black panels would look nice,

I agree, black panels would be cool! But I don't have any and I was too lazy to order some a BL.

But, if you look at the real Unimog the snowplow is in most cases orange! But these are too expensive at the moment.

what do u think of the unimog overall?has it been worth the wait?

Yes, absolutley! I was so hapy to read, that it was available in Munich... :laugh:

It is one of - if not THE best model I won from Lego technic.

have u any plans to motorise it ?

Maybe I will also motorise it. But I do not have any plans for that.

I fact I plan to implement a working steering wheel in the cabin. There is plenty of room, so it should not be a big problem. And it would make the Unimog even more realistic.

@ tripletschiee:If you look at the snowplough in the movie Conchas made on TB's, it will definitely will touch the ground.

I know and that is why I was a little astonished, that mine did not touch the ground. As I said I could not find any mistake by myself. However, the fine-tuning is history... :laugh:

Regards,

Gerhard

Maybe I will also motorise it. But I do not have any plans for that.

I fact I plan to implement a working steering wheel in the cabin. There is plenty of room, so it should not be a big problem. And it would make the Unimog even more realistic.

Regards,

Gerhard

hmm how would you get around the cabin having to lift up and the steering wheel remaining in sync with the system? :sceptic:

As the hand of god steering is already attached to the cabin, I can't really see the problem...

I do think a working steering wheel to be a nice little mod for this, and will surly include one on the set I'm buying to modify (I'm buying three as soon as they become available; 1 to keep original, 1 to modify and 1 for parts).

-ED-

As the hand of god steering is already attached to the cabin, I can't really see the problem...

I do think a working steering wheel to be a nice little mod for this, and will surly include one on the set I'm buying to modify (I'm buying three as soon as they become available; 1 to keep original, 1 to modify and 1 for parts).

-ED-

3 sets! U must be loaded that's nearly €600

The problem is that the steering wheel has defined position (e.g. horizontal while going straight) and when you open the cabin this can get out of sync. It doesn't matter for the HOG because it's just a cog.

As far as I know the 8458 (Silver Champion) alternative was the only model to feature steering wheel and tiltable cabin. I was also intrigued to put it into the Unimog together with the "driving side changing"-feature of the real one.

-ED-

Can you buy a 4th one and donate it to me? :laugh:

Made the b-model snowplow out of my spare-parts.

Only some minor changes were necessary because of missing the correct parts. Works like a charm, but I still have to wait a few more days to test it on the unimog itself

5965310274_f999386bdd_z.jpg

@ JunkStyleGio: looks really good with the black panels! :thumbup:

I just build my first attempt for a snowblower. The PPTO lifts the whole thing up and down. The PTO turns the blades. As I said, it is just an attempt. It is not even prototype-stadium. But it sort of works. Of course there are still some issues to be solved, but for a start it is ok.

5980212901_348915768d_z.jpg

See more pictures on flickr.

I think it needs to be bigger, so I'll extend the radius of the blades by one or two studs. And of course the expulsion-thing is missing.

Regards,

Gerhard

I really love the way how you made the spiral shape of the bade.

Yes, this is a very good start!

It has given me a lot of ideas. Next problem will be to make a working blower that actually can throw snow...

Nice work.

@ tripletschiee: A stack of 53550 Bionicle Zamor Sphere Holders could make a tall, curved snow discharge chute:

53550.jpg

Would Lego really be able to move snow?

Tim

Hopefully... It will of course not be able to move wet heavy snow, but a few centimeter layer of powdery snow should not be a problem if we can get the design right. I have a few ideas, but i need more parts. I'm waiting for several bricklink orders, but will probably not receive them before I'm going on holiday. I will however come back with my design sometime in August.

And there is defiantly many other out there with great ideas like tripletschiee proved.

-ED-

Hi guys, i have a silly question:

i know that the cab of the 8110 is with mudguards 21 studs wide, but how wide is the width at the tires?

Why i ask?

I have sized up a U400 blueprint to fit to the 94,8 tires and the u400 print was 24 studs wide at the tires and mudguards. If it is narrower than 24 studs i have a good idea for improvement.

Edited by efferman

TheScooterGuy posted this Brickshelf picture of the underside of the 8110 Unimog U400. You could set a ruler against your computer screen to figure out how wide the wheelbase is (in studs). Click on the image to make it full size. It appears that the wheelbase is close to 27 studs wide, but you may have to double-check me.

5841143132_99a3234c3f_b.jpg

Thanks again Dluders

it seems for me that it is roundabout 25 studs wide and my U 2450 Cab would fit.

If you look at the rear axle you can see there is two 15 stud liftarms running parallel from one side to the other. These are in line with the edge of the tire, so total with from outer edge of tires should be: (15 stud + (2x (34mm/8mm/stud)) = 15 stud + (2x 4,25stud) = 23,5 stud.

@ JunkStyleGio: looks really good with the black panels! :thumbup:

I just build my first attempt for a snowblower. The PPTO lifts the whole thing up and down. The PTO turns the blades. As I said, it is just an attempt. It is not even prototype-stadium. But it sort of works. Of course there are still some issues to be solved, but for a start it is ok.

5980212901_348915768d_z.jpg

See more pictures on flickr.

I think it needs to be bigger, so I'll extend the radius of the blades by one or two studs. And of course the expulsion-thing is missing.

Regards,

Gerhard

That looks great, but I agree that it should be a bit bigger. Also, shouldn't the "smooth" surface of the panel be on the inside looking at the spiral?