Sign in to follow this  
Davor

Always outnumbered never outgunned

A really nice scene Davor. Is it inside a ships hanger bay? That's a lot of droids compared to the clones.

yes 105 battledroids, was planing to put 50-60 droids more but than I would need another 48x48 baseplate and I`m getting a bit low on dark gray tiles for back wall...

location is not really specified.

Edited by Davor

Your scenery is excellent as usual. Love the clean yet mechanical 'used' look of the hangar itself. I also like that you haven't just thrown explosions and cheap laser effects everywhere. Hate it when people do that. I guess my gripe would be that this MOC lacks something big and impressive to draw the eye to. There are a bunch of minifigs that aren't really doing anything extraordinary, and the scenery serves as a backdrop for the fight, not the focal point. (as well it should) I think something like a larger custom craft like a RGS preparing to extract the clones might help the overall view the MOC presents to a viewer at first look.

I think something like a larger custom craft like a RGS preparing to extract the clones might help the overall view the MOC presents to a viewer at first look.

the message behind the moc - 100 BD preparing to charge 20 outnumbered clones and jedi - calm before the storm - sterile clean background of unnamed corridor of some instalation/building/ship/whatever serves as perfect scenery.

thats why there isn`t action, no wehicles, no explosions - just a moment of silence before battle.

acctualy if you look closer BD didn`t raise there blasters yet, and 2 command droids are giving orders

Edited by Davor

Great scene Davor, sums up much of the battles we've become accustomed to in the Clone Wars with the few valiantly facing off the many! The setting looks very solid, nicely detailed and I like the splash of colour you've used in the markings.

Brickdoctor made a good point about adding some kind of dynamic feature or event to the sceme - it's worth considering and would add that extra area of interest or excitement to the scene.

the message behind the moc - 100 BD preparing to charge 20 outnumbered clones and jedi - calm before the storm - sterile clean background of unnamed corridor of some instalation/building/ship/whatever serves as perfect scenery.

thats why there isn`t action, no wehicles, no explosions - just a moment of silence before battle.

acctualy if you look closer BD didn`t raise there blasters yet, and 2 command droids are giving orders

I see. I can get that. Maybe then, you could put the clones fortified behind a downed ship waiting for the charge. No one needs to be shooting or fighting, there just needs to be a recognizable larger vehicle.

AWESOME creation 'Davor', truly the calm before the storm.....next would be interesting to see what happens - a scene during and after the battle ? :wink:

Great work and may the Eurobrick be with you 'Davor' ! :grin:

That's a lot of droids compared to the clones.

As always the case during the Clone Wars. Good thing there's:

And that one jedi with slice all those droids in to scrap metal.

---

This is a very nice scene indeed to depict the usual scenario the clone army had to face during battle, the title perfectly sums it up. Great job Davor! :thumbup:

That pillar helps things. I won't say more on that topic since you say you don't want to make any more changes. Overall, it was and still is better than your average Star Wars CW dio.