phoinix

cargo-ship

indexed.gif V-W-4B

found this amazing cargo ship on brikshelf

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=197993

finally someone used the huge boat-plate from the police boat to make something a bit more "lego-sized"

it has a really modern look to it and it looks like something TLC could have made today!

i never liked how big the police boat is..its even bigger than the classic lego cargo ships like the one found in set 6542 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1295445

(I miss the way things were conserning size in lego city...but thats a whole other topic)

what if lego wants to make a new cargo ship..how BIG should it be to match the new size of things? *wacko*

(god i miss the old city-port theme)

found this amazing cargo ship on brikshelf

Its quite nice indeed ;-) Too bad the pics are a bit dark.

However nice this is, that hull cannot be used as a proper cargo ship: the bow is way too angular and modern, and the stern is just strait and not curved :'-(

what if lego wants to make a new cargo ship..how BIG should it be to match the new size of things? *wacko*

They would scale it down like Playmo did with theirs ;-)

(god i miss the old city-port theme)

AMEN brother ;-) And I would be even more general than you: I miss all sea sets: Divers (again :-P ), Paradisa and all the sea related City sets (I loved that windsurf stand *wub* )...

*yoda*

*yoda*

Or Lego could try their hand at something like this. But without all the guns of course ;-) .

*yoda*

Or Lego could try their hand at something like this. But without all the guns of course ;-) .

they might do that with the new "dreamliner" line... ;-)

thow i'd rather they just make a new city-ships theme *wub*

with a small cruise ship!! to go to the Greek mediteranian islands! (God i need me some vacation!)

*yoda*

they might do that with the new "dreamliner" line...

thow i'd rather they just make a new city-ships theme *wub*

with a small cruise ship!! to go to the greek mediteranian islands! (got i need me some vacation!)

You need some sleep too :-P !!! Lego would never make a new ships theme :'-( .

Never say never when it comes to lego! *sing*

Thanks Phoinix, it's a good finding: I will make my own cargoship based on the police one...

I need time, I need vacation to have the time to create! in 4 days...

Interesting...

I don't mind the "modern look" of the hull, I'll take it as a freighter. Which makes me wanna go out and buy the boat asap :-)

I own both ports (6541 and 6542) and wanted to combine both freighters to one bigger one. The police hull could then serve as a second, swimming freighter... and my two Maersk Sealands make the really big freighter... darnit, so much to do, so little time! *sing*

Never say never when it comes to lego! *sing*

yes i quoted my self!!

this discussion is from a few months ago

and surprise surprise we now know that a new harbor is coming!!

so i guess i was right!

never say never when it comes to lego! ;-)

(I miss the way things were conserning size in lego city...but thats a whole other topic)

yes you are completely right mr phoinix! everything in 1980s and to a lesser extent the early 90s were alot more realistic, from design of roadplates, cars to their sizes. Unfortunately also i think there isnt enough normal civilian sets, by which i meean there arent many standard cars which you might see in a real city, all the cars seem to be either emergency services or ferrari-type sports cars, or even worse, weirdos going surfing!

Of course the real issue is that lego are reducing the amount of plastic they use in sets to save money. every new roadplate version the foothpaths get smaller and again more unrealistic. who wants grass on the footpaths of a city centre?!? :-|

lego corp ... :'-(