Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

The release of Yorktown (17th October 1781)

Good evening everyone !

This is my entry into the "Freedom For All Contest" on " The Lego Contest Network" :

sany0001gt.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

Yorktown, Virginia, October 17, 1781,

Mom, if I am writing this letter is to bring you great news. This morning while we were fighting against the British alongside the French and the Continental Army to resume Yorktown, a young men appeared. He carried our flag and announced us that Lord Cornwallis filed down arms.

So we cried ,cried for joy, cried because we are all proud to be here to defend our flag, our country! Mom , this is a great victory! She signs the certain defeat of the United Kingdom!

I hope to see you all soon, I embrace you.

Sam

--------------------------------------------------

This is an entry for the contest "Freedom for all" on "The Lego Contest Network" Group

A big thank you to "74Louloute" for letting me use his technical wall that you can find here: Guess who is in town tonight ?

I hope you will like it (You can find this creation on my Flickr Gallery : The Release Of Yorktown (17th October 1781) ;) !

Edited by TheBrickAvenger

Nice! The customs are awesome, and the burnt house is really nice. Also great flag. The one thing I might change is the cannon. It just seems a little disproportional.

Great job :thumbup:

Boo down with the yanks! Sorry I am British so I don't like the dead British.

The whole scene is great though and I love the ruins.

Cool burned/ruined building. The cannon does seem a bit off, perhaps the barrel should be bigger? Also kinda feel sorry for the redcoats, there are 4(?) British there and I don't see any dead Americans. :pir-sceptic: Interesting American flag design also, though I think the blue section should be shorter.

Edited by brickmack

Great job! I like the half-burned house, the smoke and the overall dynamic. Expect it to be blogged on our website soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I'm really glad you like it! Thank you all for your kind messages! I must admit that I do not like my gun! In the future I would change :)

Great job! I like the half-burned house, the smoke and the overall dynamic. Expect it to be blogged on our website soon!

Thank you so much ! :pir-cry_happy:

Mom, if I am writing this letter is to bring you great news. This morning while we were fighting against the British alongside the French and the Continental Army to resume Yorktown, a young men appeared. He carried our flag and announced us that Lord Cornwallis filed down arms.

So we cried ,cried for joy, cried because we are all proud to be here to defend our flag, our country! Mom , this is a great victory! She signs the certain defeat of the United Kingdom!

However, sadly for Sam, he'd die in the War of 1812 by a musket shot in the Heart. Oh well. Love the scene, however, the cannon is a bit derpy. -James Wellington.