Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: Day 1

banner.jpg

Day 1

02.jpg

The next morning after breakfast Quentin gathered his family around him in the living room to explain his plan for how to deal with the threat to the family.

"My dear family, lately it's become evident that some of you are trying to get rid of me, which I can sort of understand, but still, I won't accept it."

03.jpg

Putting a submachinegun on the table he continued.

"Luckily I have a solution for this problem. Every Day from now until the threat has been dealt with you'll vote out one amongst you (no, you can't vote out me, nice try) that will be disposed of by my loyal henchmen."

04.jpg

"So, what are you waiting for? Clearly you're all suspicious of someone, so get those accusations flying, but no actual voting yet, I won't start counting your votes until after lunch. Good luck."

Rules (stolen mainly from Hinckley this time):

1. Each player has been given a character to play, who is either Loyal or Not Loyal. To win the game, the Loyal must kill off all the Not Loyals, while the Not Loyals needs to outnumber the Loyals.

2. Each day you will vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, un-voting is to be done in the format; Un-vote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted, and please note the use of bold text. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. When a majority vote is reached the Day ends. Un-voting after the majority has been reached won't be counted.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 48 hours. You may not vote in the first 16 hours. After the day has concluded, a Night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 24 hours.

4. If a Day ends without someone being convicted there will be a random death among the non-voters (yes, this means it's technically possible to have a Day end without someone dying, but that's unlikely)

5. The alignment of lynched players will be revealed at the beginning of the next Day, as well as those that died during the Night.

6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but only in your own words. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread.

8. The usage of any form of communication outside the Day threads are strictly forbidden (except for the Not Loyals which have their own writeboard for this)

9. You may not edit your posts. 1st offence: stern warning, 2nd offence: The untimely death of your character, the end of your game, and endless ridicule.

10. You must post in every day thread. One day without a post and your character will be killed with extreme prejudice.

11. There are no clues in the pictures. Any attempt at using them as such will result in instant death of your character, no warnings, no exceptions, no second chances.

12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

00_quentin.jpg

Quentin de Belle-ville, head of the Belle-ville family (NPC, host character)

played by Quarryman

Players:

01_irena.jpg

Irena Spalkowa - only child from Quentin's second marriage, married to Sammy, mother of Rupert and Amy

played by Shadows

02_dragana.jpg

Dragana de Belle-ville - married to Henry

played by Dragonator

03_fuchsia.jpg

Fuchsia de Belle-ville - married to Daniel

played by Fugazi

04_cornelia.jpg

Cornelia Steinethaler - younger sister of Quentin, married to Jacob, mother of Petra.

played by CorneliusMurdock

05_richelle.jpg

Richelle de Belle-ville - married to Tammo

played by Ricecracker

06_rupert.jpg

Rupert Spalkowa - son of Irena and Sammy, brother of Amy

played by Rufus

07_amy.jpg

Amy Spalkowa - daughter of Irena and Sammy, sister of Rupert

played by iamded

08_petra.jpg

Petra Steinethaler, only child of Jacob and Cornelia

played by Peanuts

09_sammy.jpg

Sammy Spalkowa, married to Irena, father of Rupert and Amy

played by Sandy

10_henry.jpg

Henry de Belle-ville, oldest son of Quentin from his first marriage, married to Dragana

played by Hinckley

11_james.jpg

Jacob Steinethaler - married to Cornelia, father of Petra

played by JimButcher

12_daniel.jpg

Daniel de Belle-ville - youngest son of Quentin from his first marriage, married to Fuchsia

played by dannylonglegs

13_tammo.jpg

Tammo de Belle-ville, second son of Quentin from his first marriage, married to Richelle

played by Captain Tamamono

Reserves: (the list of reserves is very short, the only reason it's here at all is in case someone has to quit for valid, non-modkill reasons)

Sirius Black

Pandora

badboytje88

We must eradicate this threat to the family as quickly as possible! We can't let disloyal family members take down Dad's great empire!

We must eradicate this threat to the family as quickly as possible! We can't let disloyal family members take down Dad's great empire!

Tammo, Honey, it's so reassuring to have you be the rock in this family. God knows I'm too emotionally frail for it! I don't know what I'd do without you. :wub:

You've made me even more confident now that we can rid ourselves of those scheming not loyal scum before they can harm us and Daddy's company.

Oh no, those bastards will try to murder us and, even more vitally, take Uncle Quentin's money! :cry_sad:

Why our amicable family? We've never hurt anyone...who'd be important. :look:

Oh, I'm so upset, help me, Mummy!

Oh my goodness! What should we do? does anyone have any suspicions yet?

Are you kidding Cornelia? With this heated conversation going on, we're all pretty much set on who to vote for already! :sarcasm_hmpf::snicker:

Anyway, it appears that we're all stuck in this room together, with no way of talking privately to one another. Every suspicion that we share, every action that we plan together will also be witnessed by the Not Loyal among us. This is something I'm not used with, and we must think of the most appropriate strategy in these unfortunate circumstances.

We do have a few options. We can shut our mouth, rely exclusively on our own deductions, and hope that those among us who can do something about the threat will act wisely during the night. Our actions will remain hidden from the scum but we won't able to join forces and coordinate plans, and we'll be heavily handicapped. I don't think this is a viable option at all.

Another solution would be to reveal our role only upon discovering vital information. It has pros and cons, pros being that investigation results and such will be revealed and help us getting at the Not Loyal. Of course, once revealed the important roles can become targets for the scum -- but also for the protectors.

The last option I see would be quite audacious. We could all reveal our roles right away, today. We could plan all of our actions in the open. It would be quite dangerous, but would also make it easier to find the liars among us, those whose actions do not match their claims. It would make this ordeal quite different from anything we might have encountered before.

I welcome any comments on this matter. In the meantime, I'll go and refresh my make-up. :blush:

The last option I see would be quite audacious. We could all reveal our roles right away, today. We could plan all of our actions in the open. It would be quite dangerous, but would also make it easier to find the liars among us, those whose actions do not match their claims. It would make this ordeal quite different from anything we might have encountered before.

I don't think this would be a good idea, as we won't know who the scum will attack at night. If they knew all our night actions, they'd have good odds to get somebody with an important role unprotected, considering we got one or two protectors. Or they can take on the protectors, as they themselves have lower chances to be protected or even aim for vanillas, as they are certain to be vulnerable.

I think the second option is the best one, as it is less likely to overburden our protectors, but still might provide us some info.

Anyway, it appears that we're all stuck in this room together, with no way of talking privately to one another. Every suspicion that we share, every action that we plan together will also be witnessed by the Not Loyal among us. This is something I'm not used with, and we must think of the most appropriate strategy in these unfortunate circumstances.

I agree that not being able to talk in private could possibly handicap us, but it could also save us from being tricked into giving away vital pieces of information by the Not Loyals. Although collaborating with fellow Loyals about theories, night actions, etc. is a good thing, you can't be sure that the person you're talking to isn't a Not Loyal trying to pry information out of you.

We do have a few options. We can shut our mouth, rely exclusively on our own deductions, and hope that those among us who can do something about the threat will act wisely during the night. Our actions will remain hidden from the scum but we won't able to join forces and coordinate plans, and we'll be heavily handicapped. I don't think this is a viable option at all.

Keeping everything secret would make it hard for us to lynch all the Not Loyal members. However, if we keep only night actions a secret, and form our theories and the like of which in public, then I think we can still reach accurate convictions based off of behavioral patterns.

Another solution would be to reveal our role only upon discovering vital information. It has pros and cons, pros being that investigation results and such will be revealed and help us getting at the Not Loyal. Of course, once revealed the important roles can become targets for the scum -- but also for the protectors.

This is, as Petra said, our best option. Every coin had two sides, and in an ordeal like this one, it's best not to go to one extreme or the other.

Okay, I understand that you're trying to help the de-Belle ville family as you can, but I have to say that this option is totally ridiculous. If everyone roleclaims, then the protectors will know who to protect, but what's to say that they will protect the wrong person? Then we'll have lost a vital member of the Loyals.

However, it's a bit early to be thinking about night actions, instead we should be focusing on convicting a Not Loyal today.

Tammo, Honey, it's so reassuring to have you be the rock in this family. God knows I'm too emotionally frail for it! I don't know what I'd do without you. :wub:

You've made me even more confident now that we can rid ourselves of those scheming not loyal scum before they can harm us and Daddy's company.

Aww, don't worry Richelle. :wub: We'll get those mean Not Loyal family members and make them pay for threatening our safety and happiness!

Oh, I'm so upset, help me, Mummy!

Mummy's here, Angel! It'll be all right...

I agree with Tammo that it's somewhat early to worry about night actions when none have happened yet. I think we must trust to the judgment of our fellow Loyal family members to decide when the best time for them to come forward with important information. I don't feel that it's a choice we should make for them. And certainly revealing everyone now before they even get a chance to work would only play into the hands of those not Loyal.

That being said, I don't know how we're going to find traitorous scum today without one of them slipping up.

Okay, let's get to stopping these 'Not Loyals' from taking over gramps' empire!

But that's not really an option, is it? Revealing all our roles will have the scummy traitors among us killing off all the people who can help first. That's as viable an option as having the scummy traitors just come up and confess. But I know your just listing the extremes to get them out of the way. Anyway, the second option seems the most viable for the moment. But ah, we do need to come to a conclusion today. Let's wait to hear in from everyone before we start casting stones.

The next morning after breakfast Quentin gathered his family around him in the living room to explain his plan for how to deal with the threat to the family.

Oh dear, I must have dozed off. I do have the habit of daydreaming. The morning after what? What threat? Can someone point me in the right direction as to what Father is talking about? :wacko:

He must mean this:

Quentin de Belle-ville had it all; tons of money from a business empire dealing in chocolate and perfume, more power than any sane man would want, and a loving and caring family to share it all with. Except.. they were perhaps not all as loving and caring as they would like to pretend to be.. in his later years it became more and more obvious that some members of the family were Not Loyal and plotting to take control of the family business empire. So in an attempt to solve this problem once and for all Quentin has gathered the family for one last reunion at his splendid mansion.

Luckily one does not make it to the top of the lucrative chocolate and perfume market without acquiring more than a few enemies along the way, and thus making it necessary to have means to deal with such enemies. So Quentin has, with the help of various old accomplishes and henchmen, solutions to dispatch of the dead bodies without the FBI finding out what is going on at the Belle-ville mansion and will have his family vote to kill one member each Day until the threat to the Family is dead and buried...

does anyone have any suspicions yet?

I was kind of suspicious of the most likely suspect: Petra, the tiny little girl! Who would suspect such an innocent face. I bet the Not Loyals recruited her. Besides, her knowledge of the threat before Father announced it to all of us is the only suspicion I have to go on.

That is audacious, but bold. It would be smart for us not to reveal the protectors. That way the protector can decide who is most likely telling the truth and who is the most important to protect. Keeping our protectors identities hidden will protect them from being killed by the Not Loyal. There are just as many ways for the scummy Not Loyals to trick us out in the open as there would be in private. :scpetic: This idea has merit, it's unprecedented, but perhaps some more thought is due to this idea.

I don't think this would be a good idea, as we won't know who the scum will attack at night. If they knew all our night actions, they'd have good odds to get somebody with an important role unprotected, considering we got one or two protectors. Or they can take on the protectors, as they themselves have lower chances to be protected or even aim for vanillas, as they are certain to be vulnerable.

I think the second option is the best one, as it is less likely to overburden our protectors, but still might provide us some info.

Yeah, this one. This little girl is clearly a killer. Look at her. I mean, look at her, she just exudes evil.

Anyway, it appears that we're all stuck in this room together, with no way of talking privately to one another.

Come to think of it, that means that we can't do anything privately :oh3::look:

I agree, this mode of action leaves too much up to chance. Also it's far too passive. If we are to defeat our treacherous family members, we've gotta take matters into our own hands!

I think this one takes the cake! Although, maybe with a few exceptions, like the protector. We can't have him or her reveal his or her role, because then the scum could easily single him or her out and shank him or her with his or her boxer briefs or panties down! After that, we wouldn't have any protection at all! The investigator, I think should be the only one to reveal his or her role, and only when the time's right, such as after a successful investigation.

I don't even see this as an option, if everyone claims a role than the room will be in total chaos!

Yeah, this one. This little girl is clearly a killer. Look at her. I mean, look at her, she just exudes evil.

Sorry, nephew, but people with evil goatees shouldn't throw stones... :laugh:

I don't think my little Angel could possibly be scum. She's just the sweetest little thing on the planet.

Come to think of it, that means that we can't do anything privately

Uh oh, I just drank like five cups of coffee.

I was kind of suspicious of the most likely suspect: Petra, the tiny little girl! Who would suspect such an innocent face. I bet the Not Loyals recruited her. Besides, her knowledge of the threat before Father announced it to all of us is the only suspicion I have to go on.

Why me again? You, Sir, are the chocalate pie-faced stalking weirdo, not me. :hmpf_bad:

And what makes you believe I was a killer? My lovely blonde hair? My decorative pink headband? My cute Gatling gun? That's preposterous!

This is horrible! It's one thing when the world tries to get you, but when it's your own family, that's just too much! :sadnew:

Why me again? You, Sir, are the chocalate pie-faced stalking weirdo, not me. :hmpf_bad:

Hey, don't go throwing allegations at my dear brother just because he has the creepiest face, that's no way to spot scum!

Speaking of which, does anyone have evil eyebrows? Evil eyebrows are a perfectly acceptable way of spotting scum.

I love you Henry, you are my world. :wub: I may be a gorgeous blonde, but don't be mistaken, I know a good nail polish when I see one. :sweet:

Henry you are so wise and gorgeous and handsome and wise and handsome! :wub: Can we go make babies again now? I like making babies. Except the babies part, babies are revolting. I told Irena that, but did she listen? And now she has that spoilt little blonde girl, Petra, I mean I don't even understand how that is genetically possible! *huh* I bet she's adopted, so that's funny at least.

I told Irena that, but did she listen? And now she has that spoilt little blonde girl, Petra, I mean I don't even understand how that is genetically possible! *huh* I bet she's adopted, so that's funny at least.

Petra is my little Angel, dear. Do keep up. Irena has Rupert and Amy.

Petra may be a little spoiled (her father always does buy her the biggest guns) but she is such a little sweet heart that it's so hard to say no to that pudgy little face. :laugh:

Back off my daughter, chocolate-faced fiend!

*Cough* Uh, then again, that crate of SMGs she begged me for couldn't have been for decoration...

I like making babies. Expect the babies part,

Expect the babies? Who's expecting? Dragana, are you pregnant?! *oh2*

Say mother, have you seen the rest of our family around? I can't seem to find father or Rupert...

Say mother, have you seen the rest of our family around? I can't seem to find father or Rupert...

Here I am, sis! I was just playing with these new plastic construction toys Daddy bought me. The little figures are so small and weird, not like us beautiful people at all :sick:

At least our parents get us sensible toys, not like Petra and her guns.

Expect the babies? Who's expecting? Dragana, are you pregnant?! *oh2*

Not likely with her husband preferring chocolate cake to cherry pie :wink:

Sorry, nephew, but people with evil goatees shouldn't throw stones... :laugh:

It's chocolate!

And what makes you believe I was a killer? My lovely blonde hair? My decorative pink headband? My cute Gatling gun? That's preposterous!

I already told you. Because you mentioned the treacherous scum before Father told the family about them. :hmpf: You scummy scumbag. :hmpf_bad":

Henry you are so wise and gorgeous and handsome and wise and handsome! :wub: Can we go make babies again now? I like making babies. Expect the babies part, babies are revolting. I told Irena that, but did she listen? And now she has that spoilt little blonde girl, Petra, I mean I don't even understand how that is genetically possible! *huh* I bet she's adopted, so that's funny at least.

I Dragana you have such a tight cooter. I love to make babies in it. It feels rather good. Let's do that now. We can't leave the room, and I can't go five minutes without baby-making. Oh, don't worry about the pesky babies. We can hire someone to raise them and take over when they mature and become interesting. Then, they can take care of us when we're old and infirm.

Petra may be a little spoiled (her father always does buy her the biggest guns) but she is such a little sweet heart that it's so hard to say no to that pudgy little face. :laugh:

Pudgy? :wacko: She's definitely scum then.

Pudgy scum are the worst kind. :hmpf_bad:

Not likely with her husband preferring chocolate cake to cherry pie :wink:

No she likes me eating her chocolate pie better. Trust me. Otherwise my face would be in her cherry pie every night! And I go back for seconds and thirds. :drool:

Ah, your family is giving me a headache again, Irena...

Listen, I don't know which one of you guys are not loyal to Quentin, but I sure as hell am. I agree that being open is most likely our best weapon against the scum, but I don't think we should lay all our cards on the table on Day One.

If there is an investigator, I believe they should come out only after they've found out one or two of the scumbags.

The protector should focus on keeping the most active relatives alive, because I don't believe the not-loyals would go around loudly accusing people.

As for any other roles some of you may play, I don't think you should reveal them straight away, but only if you become under the threat of being voted out.

It's hard that we cannot make secret allies, but I have high faith in my two gorgeous children and my lovely wife that they wouldn't betray their patron. Because if they do, I'll give them the spanking of a lifetime.

Now, who to point a finger to? Isn't Henry the Chocolate Goatee the firstborn of Quentin? That would mean he's the most eligible to take on his father's firm after Quentin is gone, am I right? I know it's a long shot, but something about accusing pretty (albeit a bit pudgy) little girls just rubs me the wrong way.

That makes more sense, I can see the resemblance. :sick:

I always thought Amy was adopted, but Rupert? Goodness, poor child.

I always thought Amy was adopted, but Rupert? Goodness, poor child.

Hey, back off Dragana! These are my kids you're talking about! I made them, and they both took a hard night of heavy thrusting and squirming to get done!

That's right kids, it's about time you learn about bees and flowers.

Hey, back off Dragana! These are my kids you're talking about! I made them, and they both took a hard night of heavy thrusting and squirming to get done!

Oh I see... that's rather awkward. Does Irena know? She is your wife, she has a right to know who you've been thrusting with at night.

Anyone want some pie? I baked it fresh this morning. :sweet: