Sign in to follow this  
rucorder

MOC: Tree design

Hello!

That's really a very inventive tree design! The twisted tubes are working out perfectly. :classic:

You might want to take a look at this thread, where there is described how to link flickr images on the boards. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

That's really a very inventive tree design! The twisted tubes are working out perfectly. :classic:

You might want to take a look at this thread, where there is described how to link flickr images on the boards. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you! That sure worked!

Nice technique! It'll be good for mangroves and other twisty swamp trees :thumbup:

Provided you can get lots of the tube pieces of course :grin:

This is so great!

Maybe this technique can help me solve my problem with building dryads.

How do the tubes hold on the bottom? Are they stuck onto the green flower stems?

Wow! Great and innovative technique; having just bought a bunch of brown pieces for trees, I really appreciate this design.

This is so great!

Maybe this technique can help me solve my problem with building dryads.

How do the tubes hold on the bottom? Are they stuck onto the green flower stems?

No, the twisted tubes create too much pressure for that.

They are placed into four 1x1 round bricks, that are at an even leval with the surounding ground to provide stability.

Hope that helps, and a dryad built like this would be amazing!

That's quite an ingenious technique - using twisted tubings for the tree trunk - very clever and realistic for some real-world trees. Great job! :thumbup:

I love this technique, rucorder! As said before, the twisted tubes make a great trunk, but the fact that they provide a base for a more organic arrangement of the leaf pieces makes it perfect. :thumbup:

I love this technique, rucorder! As said before, the twisted tubes make a great trunk, but the fact that they provide a base for a more organic arrangement of the leaf pieces makes it perfect. :thumbup:

Glad you like it :grin: Especially since I consider you the king of tubing peices!

Hello, Ru! It's nice to see you on Eurobricks.

Like I've said on MOCpages, this is great, good-looking and innovative tree design.

To bad I don't have any brown hoses, I would really like to try out this technique.

What kind of hose is it? Riggid 3mm one or Soft 4mm one?

I saw this earlier on MOCpages, and I must say that the idea is great, but so simple, that I wonder it was not used before.

:thumbup:

Wow, very cool tree. I'm a bit lost though, what set are those brown tubes from.

Wow, very cool tree. I'm a bit lost though, what set are those brown tubes from.

I think I got the tubes from the viking ship set a while back. I could be wrong though.

Glad everyone likes it! :grin:

I also think the twisted trunk is a very nice touch and very clever indeed, makes me wish I had done that on my LU Tree House. 5 stars, nice work. default_classic.gif

I agree with everyone else, this design is simply beautiful! I will definitely have to put it to use some time, if I may :classic:

I agree with everyone else, this design is simply beautiful! I will definitely have to put it to use some time, if I may :classic:

Of course you may!

Especially since I consider you the king of tubing peices!

:blush: Why thank you! :sweet: My interest in hose pieces is the big reason why I love seeing MOCs like this.