Sign in to follow this  
Hollander

[MOC] Republic Acclamator I-class assault ship

indexed.gif

The Acclamator, probably my favorite Star Destroyer, has finally become more than just a imagination. I already promised to make this ship in the topic of my previous MOC, so here it is!

As quoted from Wookieepedia:

''The Acclamator I-class assault ship, also known as the Republic assault ship, Acclamator I-class Star Destroyer, or Acclamator I-class medium frigate, was a starship created for the Galactic Republic by Rothana Heavy Engineering. It was the predecessor of the Star Destroyer line.''

zkqz5x.jpg

The front of the ship...

2m2xg13.jpg

...and the back.

2z4lpja.jpg

The bridge.

2gvk58y.jpg

Close-up shot of the back.

9foe9v.jpg

The bottom of the ship.

MOCPages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/278637

Nice work Hollander. I rather like the Acclamator and have been considering building one for some time. It's good to see your take on it. If I can offer any constructive criticism, it'd be that the lower hull section is a bit too bulky/wide and should't reach all the way to the edges of the " wedge".

Very nicely done, Hollander. Your angles match up quite nicely. :thumbup: In addition to what pedro said, I think I would make the gap between hull plates only one stud tall; two studs is too much.

Hello!

This is a wonderful Acclamator representation! :sweet: Shape, and angles seem correct, and many nice greebles in the trench. :classic:

The one thing that bugs me are the 8 cannons you added on the sides of the bridge tower. I can't remember seeing these in the movies, or in any of the source material I have. Maybe it's Clone Wars variant? :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This looks really nice. The shape looks accurate as well as sleek. The detailing of the greebles are great, and I really like the bottom. There are a few places that look a little gappy on some of the close ups but thats just a minimal nitpit.

Great job :thumbup:

Nice SNOT building. I love how the bottom has SNOT and makes it look smooth and finished, unlike most TLG modles that are left pritty plain and open underneeth. Overall shape is great but alway agree with the Doctor and take tha sides down by one stud. :thumbup:

Very Very nice Hollander. I love the side greabling and the bridge, but I also love the underside that's a lot of niceness there. It's also nice to see a coloured Acclamator as opposed to the plain grey ones.

The one thing that bugs me are the 8 cannons you added on the sides of the bridge tower. I can't remember seeing these in the movies, or in any of the source material I have. Maybe it's Clone Wars variant?

Hmm, that is an interesting observation as I haven't noticed those small details on the CW Acclamators, I might have to take a closer look out of curiosity. Nevertheless this is a very well done build and it's nice to see one sporting the Republic colors like the CW Venators do.

I agree with the constructive comments above regarding the underside of the hull extending too far, the thickness of the edge and the inclusion of the cannons. I don't know how difficult it would be for you to alter these things - I imagine the 1 stud thickness could be the most troublesome. Nevertheless, this is still a good quality build. :sweet:

Thanks for the constructive criticism all. I wasn't really satisfied with this ship, to be honest. As already mentioned, the gaps between the hull, the bottom and the sides which are too high make this MOC not look finished at all. But hey, that's what I will improve the next time. :classic:

By the way, my collection of wedge plates is pretty small, I only have four of those wedge plates (2x4) used for the hull and only one pair of 2x3 wedge plates, but I received the Bricklink order today so the next Acclamator will certainly be better.

By the way, my collection of wedge plates is pretty small, I only have four of those wedge plates (2x4) used for the hull and only one pair of 2x3 wedge plates, but I received the Bricklink order today so the next Acclamator will certainly be better.

Well, all in all this is a sterling effort. I'll look forward to seeing what you bring with version 2!

Well, all in all this is a sterling effort. I'll look forward to seeing what you bring with version 2!

As do I. This first version is already better than a lot of other models I've seen.

Though Praiter Yed could be correct - depending on how this is built, changing the thickness of the sides could require a complete rebuild of the frame.

As do I. This first version is already better than a lot of other models I've seen.

Though Praiter Yed could be correct - depending on how this is built, changing the thickness of the sides could require a complete rebuild of the frame.

This version was far from perfect, but I just couldn't bring op the motivation to break it down and start all over again. The next time I should make sure the hull plates cover the sidepanels. As I already mentioned, I just received the Bricklink order including a lot of wedge plates, so If I would do a remake in the next weeks, it will probably be a couple of studs wider and longer too.

About the frame, the one used in this Acclamator was only one brick high, so that won't be a big issue. But I want to MOC a Corporate Alliance tank droid first now, so the Acclamator has to wait. :wink:

About the frame, the one used in this Acclamator was only one brick high, so that won't be a big issue. But I want to MOC a Corporate Alliance tank droid first now, so the Acclamator has to wait. :wink:

But that could be a problem. If the frame is one brick high and you want to make the sides one plate's width high, then you end up with a half-plate's worth of frame sticking out. (unless you make the frame small enough that you can put it far enough inside the hull plating that the hull plates cover up the exposed frame)