Modding is easy!

Not for me. I play MC on my laptop,

and whenever I change the source code or try to open the .jar it never works.

I love making vast underground caves with enormous entrances and lots of different tunnels and view points. All my work is underground.

Interesting, quite the opposite from me.

I mostly build aboveground and play around.

Not much of a Redstone guy, either.

Anyone make any progress on an EB server?

I hope someone did. The server I've been playing on for the longest time is deserted.............

Not for me. I play MC on my laptop,

and whenever I change the source code or try to open the .jar it never works.

That's because you need WinRAR or 7ZIP to open the .jar! After that it's really very simple! Most mods have very good, detailed instructions for them either on the page, or as a readme in the file.

Not much of a Redstone guy, either.

I used to avoid redstone completely, but lately I've been doing a litttle experimenting.

I used to avoid redstone completely, but lately I've been doing a litttle experimenting.

Same, I am surprisingly starting to really understand the stuff.

Has anyone installed the Clay Soldiers mod? I did, and built arenas for them...

5988745667_c99d988e8f.jpg

Overall view of the battlefield.

5989306704_3560925a26.jpg

Here's the hall up top with the redstone. As you can see, it's attached to a piston, and there is a hatch with ladder to put combatants in...

5989306478_d1c309a89a.jpg

Like so. Fill all four rooms up...

5988746261_13bd331427.jpg

Flick the switch to "Off"...

5988747155_04c28e9ae6.jpg

And watch the madness unfold.

I also built a larger, more awesome outdoor arena. I love it.

5989310952_6d9e9f53cb.jpg

The top floor. I hate redstone so much.

5988750669_3727f1a12d.jpg

View of the arena in action. It features dispensers for the supplies, piston doors, four "ready rooms", stairs to the top floor, and a maze. This thing is unbelievably fun to watch.

5989311286_c275d6551c.jpg

Just be sure not to break through the floor and fall in. Oh well, here's an action shot for you.

More on my Minecraft Flickr folder.

Has anyone installed the Clay Soldiers mod?

*snip*

Oh! Yes, I just got that today.

(In fact, I finally figured out how to mod today. :blush: )

It is VERY fun, as you said.

All I've made so far is a simple arena with piston doors for 6 armies at once.

Can't wait till someone puts a schematic of a good arena up for me.

Are people still interested in a server? I might rent one for a month to test it out. If I do, what sort of play would we be after? Survival? Freebuild? Do I make a map to build on with more airspace? What mods would you recommend and why?

Are people still interested in a server? I might rent one for a month to test it out. If I do, what sort of play would we be after? Survival? Freebuild? Do I make a map to build on with more airspace? What mods would you recommend and why?

I'm still waiting on one.

I play Minecraft as freebuild, I dont care too much about fighting monsters, but I love to build.

Freebuild would be cool, we are al LEGO builders here after all. :laugh: It would be interesting to see what EB people could come up with!

Yes, still very interested.

And I would have to say... freebuild. Would seem very fitting for a lego forum.

Get a clean flatgrass map for the server, a custom one that generates more flatgrass if possible.

Get a clean flatgrass map for the server, a custom one that generates more flatgrass if possible.

Not necessarily, I enjoy a bit of topography and would be interesting to see what comes out of it.

I have made a map for a friend's server, using worldpainter, that is lower than the usual terrain. Therefore you don't need to dig as far down to find the most useful materials, and you can build your creations a lot taller. The only problem is that the boundaries revert back to normal terrain. The map is still plenty large though, it shouldn't be a problem.

If we do that, can we get at least one area with mountains? I personally enjoy digging into the sides of mountains.

Not necessarily, I enjoy a bit of topography and would be interesting to see what comes out of it.

If we do that, can we get at least one area with mountains? I personally enjoy digging into the sides of mountains.

Okay, regular map it is than. I can just go and clear an area flat for myself if I want to. :tongue:

Okay, I have a server up. Hosted in the U.S. 100 megabit connection, 1 gig of RAM. I'll attempt transfer the new map across tomorrow. If you have any mods you want on, please tell me.

EDIT by Scouts: ID removed due to griefing

Sorry for kind of abandoning you, Polish Guy, I got a huge lag spike of death and I had to restart my computer.

Fantastic :sweet: .

I just popped in for a sec, nobody was in there, but I started building a house and made plans for my invasion!

Thank you so much pinioncorp! Never been in a multiplayer server before :sweet:

Sorry for kind of abandoning you, Polish Guy, I got a huge lag spike of death and I had to restart my computer.

Not a problem, the server is still young and it will be slow at first until it grows.

Fantastic :sweet: .

I just popped in for a sec, nobody was in there, but I started building a house and made plans for my invasion!

Thank you so much pinioncorp! Never been in a multiplayer server before :sweet:

Thanks for the gift Scouts! I saw your house on the hill, good progress so far!

Woah there guys, I'm making a new map for the server, should be ready by the end of the week. The intention is that you'll be able to use commands to spawn materials to build to your hearts content, but please be patient.

The server will either operate on a whitelist, or guests will have no building priveliges, so at least they can look around. If you could post (or PM me) your game names, I will whitelist you.

Edit: Users will need to private message me for building access on this server. Only then I can tell you're a real Eurobricks user and not just a griefer. You need 10 posts on Eurobricks to use PMs.

Edited by pinioncorp

So... this current map is not the real one? I like this one though.

My Game name: PolishGuyEB

Edited by Polish Guy

Woah there guys, I'm making a new map for the server, should be ready by the end of the week. The intention is that you'll be able to use commands to spawn materials to build to your hearts content, but please be patient.

The server will either operate on a whitelist, or guests will have no building priveliges, so at least they can look around. If you could post (or PM me) your game names, I will whitelist you.

My name ingame is: eskallon

I think that as a freebuild server, we should enable Too Many Items, its a great and very useful mod which we can all install. :classic:

Edited by Eskallon