Sign in to follow this  
Captain Genaro

Welcome to Port Royal Mister Smith

As you can probably guess from the title, my entry shows Mister Smith, uh, I mean Jack Sparrow arriving at the Port Royal docks while his boat sinks underneath him.

I wanted to make the whole thing bigger with some rowboats but I was limited by the number of trans-blue 1x1 bricks that were avaliable to me.

Enjoy.

Overview

5905644699_a3420d997a.jpg

Jack getting off his "boat"

5906201476_2bd55e6b0f.jpg

One less that happy dock worker. "Darn hippies, can't take a normal boat like the rest of us".

5906201670_53ac928c5f.jpg

Harbor Master with his desk

5899487360_37d4d8da90.jpg

Harbor Master with his slave

5905644761_5d9a981a04.jpg

I look forward to your responces.

More can be found here.

EDIT: I forgot to add, that I would like the Mill if I win

Edited by Captain Genaro

Although I find the MOC itself not very spectacular, I really like your choice of this famous scene.

You did a good job, I like the minifigures and the scene is very recognizable.

This is a great idea for a MOC. I was about to do the same thing, though on the 32x32 plate but then I realized I don't have a brown head for the little guy and knowing how picky AFOLs around here are I changed my mind. I like how you made the piers join under an angle, but I'd really make them wider in your place. There was quite some room in the movie. Also I'm not too fond of the plate you've used. It has gaps and looks unfinished. I think It'd look better on a square plate if you have enough blue tiles that is ...

Nice little vignette and good luck in the contest!

I really like this. It has this warm feeling of the first scenes of the first movie and it catches that wonderful way of steppin' on the dock very well.

Although I find the MOC itself not very spectacular, I really like your choice of this famous scene.

You did a good job, I like the minifigures and the scene is very recognizable.

With the spectacularity ( if that how it's called ) you're right indeed.

But i have to say: this scene made me a PotC Fan, after this scene i was "Sold" watched every movie since then.

Have to say: you did a good job, but with i think if you added more around the MOC it would have been a more living scene.

Good luck with the contest!

Greetz Bjornu

I love the simplicity and style of this creation. your figures are very well done and have a lot of character.

Please state your choice of prize.

Mill set or XBOX game NTSC version.

Good luck.

One of the most brilliant scene's oy of all movies, the arrival of Jack Sparrow,

It's cool that you didn't work on a standard 32x32 baseplate, very clean though it could use some more detail.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

What a surprise! I was just looking at all the entries, and what do I see here? You've shown exactly the scene I've created! Well, my MOC is "a bit" bigger and showing only Sparrow, but still almost the same. You'll see it soon, I'll probably show it tomorrow, just after having prepared the photos.

I see you've tried to make it look exactly like in the film. And I must say you succeeded! Especially the minifigs are akin to the characters in film. I love the nigger boy's fig!

But now, let's have a closer look... I like the shape of the platform - I don't like perpendicular edges everywhere, if it's possible. I'd maybe also add some details at the platform, and on the water as well.

I'd also improve or even remove the piece of sandy land and remove the black frame. Water would be enough! Anyway, well done.

Good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja

Nice rendition of this famous scene, Captain Genaro. :thumbup: Like many others, I find this one of the better scenes in all of the PotC films. It introduces Jack Sparrow in his own peculiar way. Your creation matches the scene well, with a couple of recognizable parts like the mast, the desk and the harbor master with the kid. The docks are appropriately untidy and the shape of the docks is also nice. The water looks a bit weird with those black edges, perhaps putting it on a couple of blue plates would make it look better. Good luck!

Thank you to everyone for your nice and kind comments. I have edited my entry based off of your replys and edited the first post. I hope that this is legal. Please tell me what you think!