Darkdragon

MOC: Calendar

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My goal was to create something for my office that I could change fairly often and would be interesting to look at - I came up with this idea of a modular (not sure if that's the right term) calendar. The bottom scene is held in by the modified 1x2 plates that looks like a railing, so it actually pops out and I can pop an new scene in. The idea is that I'll create a new scene for each month and of course spell the month (or abbreviate it) at the top.

The numbers for the dates are color-coded but I might do custom printed labels on 1x2 tiles - still undecided on if I want to keep it "purist" or not.

What do you all think?

Larger Photos @ FLickr

5879312052_b01cac0768_b.jpg

5991217166_e7f18a73c6_z.jpg

5878751323_3ddef2338f_z.jpg

Update for AUGUST

5990315531_a815a62ee1_z.jpg

5990315643_f9e40990fd_z.jpg

5990451767_f649959337_z.jpg

Edited by darkdragon

That's a pretty neat design there. I like how you've made the scenes interchangeable(as you said). Do you have the other scenes created already? What's with the different colored 1x1 rounds on the day? Is the color significant or random?

Sorry for the 20 questions! :tongue:

Edited by Legocrazy81

I believe each Colour represents 1 number. May I suggest that for the first 7 number, you use the rainbow Colour sequence, thus easier to remember. For number 8 to 0, use brown, white, black.. Just my humble opinion.

Nice and neat creation. Very good idea :-)

Great idea! The colour coded dots is quite clever, and the lettering is very good. I love the scene at the bottom, please show us the ones for other months, too! Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Thank you everyone for your great comments. I'm looking forward to making a new tiny scene each month and posting in this same thread!

Do you have the other scenes created already? What's with the different colored 1x1 rounds on the day? Is the color significant or random?

Sorry for the 20 questions! :tongue:

Nope, I have only done July so far. I'm thinking about what I will do for August though, I will add a post to this thread with the new month.

Each dot is a number because there are no numbered tiles with all numbers and the numbered 1x1 bricks were too expensive for me to justify on this little project.

I believe each Colour represents 1 number. May I suggest that for the first 7 number, you use the rainbow Colour sequence, thus easier to remember. For number 8 to 0, use brown, white, black.. Just my humble opinion.

I thought about doing rainbow pattern but I couldn't think of it off the top of my head and didn't feel like looking it up :laugh: I tried white and black but didn't like the look so I replaced with tan and lime.

This looks like a lovely summery picnic, perfect for August, and I like the way you've used different coloured apples to hint at the late summer feel.

I hope your August turns out to be as pleasant as this looks! :sweet:

Very creative indeed! What a lovely calender. Especially because you can change it whenever you want (unless you're at work I guess).

Nice work there darkdragon I really like those little vigs right below the calendar . Keep up the good work !

that's very creative. what will you do in september-october, the months when nothing happens. :D

that's very creative. what will you do in september-october, the months when nothing happens. :D

Haha. Well here we have school starting in september and october is halloween, many options with both of those. I think I have decided to have a minifig scene each month rather then non-minifig (ie, not just sculptures and such).

I have to say that this is quite impressive. Far much better than the one that Lego offers. I don't know if I could get used to the color coded date system and would prefer old fashioned numbers. It reminds me of those clocks with the different lights broken down into four sections- can't remember the name of them right now. Anyway, great calendar, very creative indeed!