5878569146_e1e1c79b6f.jpg

Bone-Cage-01 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

5878008357_d411b50fe2.jpg

Bone-Cage-crew-01 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

5878008571_46e28955ca.jpg

Bone-Cage-crew-02 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

5878570162_a5f4f4f7d5.jpg

Bone-Cage-crew-03 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

This scene comes from "Dead Man's Chest" where the remaining crew of the Black Pearl and Will Turner attempt to escape their macabre prison before Captain Jack gets cooked!

Built for the Classic-Pirates.com 2011 PotC Contest.

Photoshop used to adjust the color. Built entirely on a 32x32 baseplate (with a slight overhang of the bone cage).

For more info: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fat_tony_1138/sets/72157626938099349/with/5878570162/

If I were to win, I'd take the LEGO set.

That's a fantastic MOC and you did an outstanding job on the background photoshop job!

The bridge in the upper right in really clever also.

The only thing I might do to improve it would be to add a Cannibal on the bridge walking past or add some more people inside the cage.

Another great entry in the competition. The bone cage is nicely constructed and looks the right sort of size, but the rock face and background is what really brings it to life and captures the scene well. Great pics and good luck in the contest, this is a great entry!

I really like this MOC and I agree with the above post that it blows away the cage in the Cannibal Escape set. I like how you have both cages with Gibbs and Will in one and the other ill-fated cage that fell to the depths. My favorite aspect is the variety in minifigure heads/torsos which is spot on for the pirate crew.

Good Luck!

Another outstanding piece in this competition! As mentioned the cage is brilliantly done and the rocks really help to catch the exact picture of the scene!

I do agree that the cage could have more figures in it even the one with Will and Gibs. There were about 6-8 people in both of them. Also it’s not clear whether there are two cages or did you take picture of one with different figures (which I presume). And where does the bridge lead? In other words, what I really miss is a shot of the whole diorama, to see how it’s all constructed and attached.

As Captain Genaro suggested a cannibal on the bridge would be an option of slightly improving the vig!

Good luck in the competition!

I love it, great angles, like if they are real movie shots, the cliff looks great, vines and all, just like the movie, very nice.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Captain Genaro's idea of adding a cannibal was something I had considered but a minifigure would have thrown off the forced perspective. But then I remembered those wonderful new little trophy figures!

5888011877_51f519906b.jpg

Bone-Cage-bridge by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

The only problem was the little guy becomes almost unnoticable in the large picture, so I had to take a close up of it.

There is only one cage in my scene because there wasn't enough room on a 32x32 baseplate for another one. The one cage contains six figures (as seen in the movie) just what would be needed to crew the Black Pearl upon escape.

I might have to delete a picture now, if so let me know. Thanks!

Love the cage and the whole moc (especially the cage though). The one in the offical set is very not good (disapointing) but yours looks much more like I had imagined a LEGO version would be.

Bravo! :pir-sweet:

I love it, this is very nicely done, and I love your photography.

Good luck in the contest, this will look good on the blog.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Top work Fat Tony, the building technique of the cage is great :thumbup:

The swinging bridge gives the background a nice touch.

I love it, this is very nicely done, and I love your photography.

Good luck in the contest, this will look good on the blog.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks so much for the blogging!

Well done. From a distance this looks quite simple but when you look closer, you can see that the rocks and especially the cage must have been quite a lot of work.

Excellent job on the photography as well. I don't think this scene could have been made much better :thumbup:

Excellent rendition of the scene, Fat Tony! The rocks looks very natural, great job on that. I imagine that the cage must've took you a while to make as it looks quite complicated. The structure of bones look perfect and certainly better than LEGO's simple version. The bridge is also a nice detail.

It's the photography that really does it for me. It looks like screens from a film. The background colour, the colours, the lightning, the positioning, it all looks superb. Good luck! :pir-sweet:

The MOC is very fine, Good job!

The best thing of the whole model is the bridge and the trophy on it! I also like the rocks (despite quite regular structure, which I usually dislike :thumbup: ), especially plants on it - I noticed you've connected them in a very original way!. It's very impressive, that you managed to create a bone cage which looks so good, and is strong enough to hold minifigs.

Good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja