Tygurah

POTC - Black Pearl!

And another is the new city docs with cargo ship.

Nice modification, though I'd still change a few things - since your cabin is now that high, I'd use the longer castle arcs at the back. Also to make it more movie accurate, I'd remove the last hatch and put the doors and the stairs about 5-6 studs forward for a longer cabin. Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty and tear it apart for MODs. Also have to bricklink the spare black hull parts, won't have money for two sets ...

Yes, I need to buy some of the longer black arches...but buying two Pearls gives you lots of little ones. I am a noob as well, I should have put the extra hull pieces on bricklink instead of evilbay.

One thing I struggled with was the lower front deck presentation on a Pearl this small. Late last night I modded it to this which is a decent enough homage to me:

6280735932_754f31a618.jpg

Untitled by robertseargeant, on Flickr

Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!

Thanks for the info!

I will be checking my local toystore this afternoon.

Still not available here and since it's Halloween, All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day, I'll wait until the 5th of November to look if it's delivered. :pirate_sad2:

They got it in Austria and it's even discounted. TRU has it for 79,99 euro and Muller with extra discount on all toys for even less: 89,99-20%=72euro (just for comparison: regular price is 99 euro and QAR is 129 euro).

Went to the shop today. Yes I know again... This time I ask the shopkeeper if it's in their stock. He hadn't heard of the set nor had they info on when it would be available. Since I can't wait any longer I ordered it from Lego.com and fetched me a Jack Sparrow Keychain as well :pir-blush: ! Hopefully they will deliver it by the end of the week.

Here is my version of TLG's "Black Pearl". Had to use two sets. The cabin is big enough to hold "Captians Cabin" set including the globe as well.

(I had to upload this pic as a file? Can't figure out how to embed anymore, I have lots more...)

Nice, haha, your version has one mast more than the real one :pir_laugh2:

Went to the shop today. Yes I know again... This time I ask the shopkeeper if it's in their stock. He hadn't heard of the set nor had they info on when it would be available. Since I can't wait any longer I ordered it from Lego.com and fetched me a Jack Sparrow Keychain as well :pir-blush: ! Hopefully they will deliver it by the end of the week.

golly you're right! hmmm, gonna have to change it maybe but I really like it!

Despite the fact that I seemed to be able to pre-order the Pearl long before anyone else here, mine did not arrive till Friday 11/11. I didn't get a chance to build it because of Shabbat but as soon as the sun went down I started building. Overall I'm very satisfied and happy with the way it looks. Some of the construction techniques are really nice, little decorative flourishes or choices of particular bricks to do something like the half arches which brace the rudder or the way the figurehead's "wings" were made from black plume/flame pieces. The build was easy and fun. The only single I have is that this ship comes with only two cannons. For the price of this, I'd hoped for four, heck, I'd have paid a few money units more to get four in the box. Of course I have extra cannons, it just seems a shame that the Black Pearl is so under armed.

As has probably been mentioned before, the mast build technique, sails and rigging are done identically to the QAR. Compared to various older ships, I really prefer the new method. Also like the QAR, there really is no deck so everything inside the ship feels like it is happening at or below the waterline. We've already seen some mods which address this issue. A nitpick is that the "wrench" pin used to hold the foremost sail in place looks a little too light right up against the black sails. I'm sure this is easily solvable though I just need to find the right part.

Finally a question for those of you who already have your Pearl: did you all get a character card with yours? I didn't.

No, no one did, the character cards are only in the sets from the fourth movie ...

done up the set with a few extensive modifications - essentially a total new built on top of the black hulls.

bp.jpg

lengthen the hull rear

bp4.jpg

the number of gun ports and profile of the ship also modified and built up tp be similar to movie

bp20.jpg

bp15.jpg

upper deck is built up to cover the open space deck design of the original

bp17.jpg

modular design allow removal of upper decks

bp6.jpg

bp5.jpg

back of the ship and captain's cabin, poop deck. Completely rebuilt and redesigned to look more like movie and lego POTC computer game

bp19.jpg

bp16.jpg

motif decoration on the rear deck and more windows

bp14.jpg

chandelier

bp13.jpg

bp12.jpg

captain's cabin completely new built and modular design

bp11.jpg

bp10.jpg

outer hull with slanted windows.. not attached to stud, but held in place by grey panels

bp8.jpg

bp7.jpg

Fantastic ! I would love to apply the same mods! It sure makes the Pearl look alot mightier, as it should have been in the 1st place!

We'll be most grateful to have knowledge as to what are the extra parts needed and the instructions to make the modifications!

I ordered the pearl on the 2nd of November from the official LEGO website and I still didn't receive mine...

Is it normal that it takes more than 2 weeks to deliver the goods?