Tygurah

POTC - Black Pearl!

I am along with others. This ship is great. I have only owned one other ship and that was the Renegade Runner. The size of this ship is not what I expected. I was think about the size of the Renegade Runner. I can't even imagine how big the Imperial Flagship is. I am looking forward into getting the QAR soon.

I couldn't deal with the Pearl being smaller than the Queen Anne's Revenge so I bought two and went to work. She is now identical in length to the QAR to the stud. The two front mast positions are the same as QAR. I moved the the stairs forward two studs to run a fourth cannon under them. Widened the walkways and added pull out grating. Also had to have the windows in sets of three...that is too much of an identity point for me.

It obviously is not as grand as the LDD versions but I am much happier.

6248718928_4b12d6ef9b.jpg

6248192279_8ce6dd6ed8.jpg

6248714328_e96795a997.jpg

6248188163_bec1170f4a.jpg

6248185495_7b08d07f29.jpg

That looks very nice. A much better rendering to the real pearl IMO. Do you happen to have a build list? I was going to buy another BP to try this out.

That looks very nice. A much better rendering to the real pearl IMO. Do you happen to have a build list? I was going to buy another BP to try this out.

Afraid I have no list. Was a lot of train and error building.

Lol, I found a writing from before I had seen the Black Pearl set

When LEGO® releases its official Black Pearl sets these are my expectations;

minifigures: Master gibbs, cotton, marty, pintel and ragetti and I'm also hoping for Barbossa's monkey.

I'm very curious for the cabin of the Pearl, I hope the windows will be original.

I suppose the set won't be bigger thatQueen Anne's Revenge was.

It will probably made on prefab hulls, three midsections, hopefully black, the deck will not be accurate to the movie just like the sails, it will have less. as usual way too few cannons. Rigging will be a fail. But the set will contain that nice pirate flag with crossed swords (instead of crossed bones). I hope the cabin will have a nice interior.

I was right about a few things, now that I read it again I'm sad again that there's no barbossa's monkey :pir_bawling:

Just mailed some toyshops (in Belgium) to get more details on the releasedate of the Black Pearl. I assume that if they release it here, it will be available throughout Europe.

Hoping to get a mail from them very soon! :pir-classic:

I got "Kraken" on my custom version of the Black Pearl this weekend. Put in a good 8 hours so far on it...and I can't believe how hard this design is turning out to be. With limited ref from the Video Game version, it's hard to scale it right. I got a lot done, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to redo the stern. I think the the cabin sits too high now. I wish we had a nice profile shot from the game, where you could see the entire ship. I did stagger the gun ports, and slope the sides. It's taking on great shape. Each side will have 11 flapped cannon ports, just like the video game version..

Biggest problem is parts.......I need to order more. :pir-cry_sad:

Sarge that looks amazing! The deck alone is a HUGE improvement and really adds to the look to make it look more movie accurate. I really wanna try this myself too! But it will be a while before I buy a second one and I'm afraid my MOCing skills are still very rudimentary...

Thank you!

I will bulid my lovely Pearl after my Holidays!

You can find the bows in the 'Master Builder Academy' set!

Edited by Captain

She was still missing the iconic look to me so today I raised the entire cabin end up a brick and now I think it captures it. I guess in the end I could have done it out of spare parts but I needed the second 4184 for the additional hull section and the second small sail was vital for the real look too.

6259605892_4ccf9a50d4.jpg

She was still missing the iconic look to me so today I raised the entire cabin end up a brick and now I think it captures it. I guess in the end I could have done it out of spare parts but I needed the second 4184 for the additional hull section and the second small sail was vital for the real look too.

6259605892_4ccf9a50d4.jpg

Looks great. I was thinking of picking up another BP and trying to get as close to the real ship as possible. Sporting 11 cannons(if possible), Some steps on the side of the ship(to get onto the ship via boat), 3 windows on the side and the 5 windows on the rear(problem with that is that the outer windows are actually glass windows on the pearl. Very tempting!

Hi, I’m new to these forums. My children (who are 6 and 4) absolutely love this set and have played with it non-stop since I picked it up from Argos on Saturday- thanks for the tip Vindice. They were recreating scenes from the movies as I was building it for them. The curious figure selection didn’t bother them. The ship is sturdy and very easy to play with without sections collapsing or falling off. This is clearly a toy rather than the accurate model many of us were hoping for but as such it is an instant classic. From the other side of the room it shouts “pirate ship!”

From an AFOL perspective, I’ve bought another for donor parts and am following Captain’s awesome LDD design. I’ll bet I play with the other one more though!

Just received an e-mail from my Belgian toyshop:

"De doos LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean the Black Pearl 4184 zit spijtig genoeg niet in het assortiment van Dreamland.

Het is op dit moment ook nog niet mogelijk om deze doos met referentie 4184 te bestellen.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Klantendienst Dreamland"

It basically says that the set isn't in their catalogue and they say I can't even order it at the moment. :pir-look:

Hi, I’m new to these forums. My children (who are 6 and 4) absolutely love this set and have played with it non-stop since I picked it up from Argos on Saturday- thanks for the tip Vindice. They were recreating scenes from the movies as I was building it for them. The curious figure selection didn’t bother them. The ship is sturdy and very easy to play with without sections collapsing or falling off. This is clearly a toy rather than the accurate model many of us were hoping for but as such it is an instant classic. From the other side of the room it shouts “pirate ship!”

From an AFOL perspective, I’ve bought another for donor parts and am following Captain’s awesome LDD design. I’ll bet I play with the other one more though!

Yhea, I think it's strange to expect an AFOL targeted set from a licensed series like this.

Still picking it up though, once I've picked this and the SES up my ship collection is complete!

Personally I'm hoping they will drop the POTC series and continue with the "real" pirates series, and having some sets be more AFOL oriented and others purely kids oriented (kind of like they have done with Castle/Kingdoms).

Yhea, I think it's strange to expect an AFOL targeted set from a licensed series like this.

And why is that so? The first UCS or other collectors stuff meant mostly for AFOL was in the star wars theme if I'm not mistaken, which is a licensed theme just like POTC. Others like castle and creator stuff came years after that ...

And why is that so? The first UCS or other collectors stuff meant mostly for AFOL was in the star wars theme if I'm not mistaken, which is a licensed theme just like POTC. Others like castle and creator stuff came years after that ...

True, but the UCS SW sets came in 2000, a year after the first (and very basic) Star Wars sets were tentatively released by Lego and flew off the shelves. Had the line sold poorly we probably would not have seen them. Additionally, Star Wars had an estabished AFOL fan base given that many of us are (ahem) old enough to have seen the OT the first time round which justified the risk taken in developing the UCS sets in the first place. I don't think you can say the same for POTC.

However I would be delighted if Lego released plans for any UCS sets (of any genre) they might have designed but never released, perhaps in an ideas book or CDROM?

Here is my version of TLG's "Black Pearl". Had to use two sets. The cabin is big enough to hold "Captians Cabin" set including the globe as well.

(I had to upload this pic as a file? Can't figure out how to embed anymore, I have lots more...)

post-12734-131937838376.jpg

Could you upload this image in a higher resolution ?¿ Thanks mate... anyway... the european people know how much it will cost ¿? Thanks to all :)

Here is my version of TLG's "Black Pearl". Had to use two sets. The cabin is big enough to hold "Captians Cabin" set including the globe as well.

(I had to upload this pic as a file? Can't figure out how to embed anymore, I have lots more...)

Nice MOD. It is really cool.

As you know I have posted my Pearl before...then I was not happy with it so tore it down to the piece and started over. The goal was to make something that was in scale with the IFS and QAR, but still be identifiable as the Pearl. Oh, and I wanted a full lower deck too. As always no directions, I change items far too much for that during the building.

6277414438_a207096578.jpg

Untitled by robertseargeant, on Flickr

6277347226_720827cb3b.jpg

6277350098_dc0500b27e.jpg

6277351784_4ea61e366f.jpg

6276832215_19846c69b8.jpg

Very nice!!

From what set did you get the hatches?

They are in a lot of sets. Imperial Flagship, 4504 Millennium Falcon, and Battle of Endor are some.