Tygurah

POTC - Black Pearl!

I found the Black Pearl at my local target here in the states the other day. I didn't buy it, but I'm tempted to go back sometime this week to see if its still there. So its popping up now. Anyone else see it?

This guy bought one.

6233211976_2717412644_z.jpg

6233212964_1d61556d65_m.jpg6232692609_418e2b8ecf_m.jpg

(Click for larger)

Still not in my local Fenwicks.

I have some great and easy mods for this ship like a second deck, better rudder and just some spare rigging to add to the masts.

:jollyroger:

I got mine on Friday, and I've been working on some mods to it like those you have mentioned, but I haven't quite finished yet. I've built a more accurate forecastle, and designed and assembled an alternate stern that raises the cabin up a few bricks. The bottom deck has been tiled and slightly redesigned for a little bit more functionality. Currently in progress are a large crow's nest (I'm having some difficulty working around the sail assembly,) adding rigging to the foremast, and building an upper deck. I've also unified the color scheme quite a bit, replacing some of the brown and light bley with dark bley and black. It's coming along, slowly but surely.

I will visit some stores again to see if it's available here in Belgium. Fingers crossed :jollyroger:

Edited by Cammo

I know this isn't breaking news, but my local Target had a full stock of the Pearl along with ask the purge POTC sets. It's looking like the Pearl is the only addition for 2011.

6240779713_004670f7a4_z.jpg

Hallo boys and girls, or what ever! My name is Captain Jack Sparrow!

Ah, I think some of you heard of me!

As you know I build my lovely Pearl! This one out of the Video Game!

I'm ready with my LDD building, but my real Black Pearl isn't ready!

Savvy?!

Here some pic's of it:

post-18986-131852961499.png

More Pic's on: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=474625

You'll always remember that as the day, that you almost cought Captain Jack Sparrow!

Savvy!

Edited by Captain

I just picked up my second one...so now I can start the build. Going to attempt to replicate, fairly closely, the video game version...but also using movie stills of the pearl as well for reference. I built up my QAR as well, giving it a top deck, more cannons, and enclosed cabin and stairs. Can't wait to get started on the Pearl!

Wow, CAPTAIN, that looks pretty cool! Would love to see some more pics of that!

Edited by kevblee

Thank you kevblee!

I load my .lfx data up to Brickshelf!

My Name is Captain, Because :"There should be a CAPTAIN in there somewere!" :pir_laugh2:

I just picked up my second one...so now I can start the build. Going to attempt to replicate, fairly closely, the video game version...but also using movie stills of the pearl as well for reference. I built up my QAR as well, giving it a top deck, more cannons, and enclosed cabin and stairs. Can't wait to get started on the Pearl!

Wow, CAPTAIN, that looks pretty cool! Would love to see some more pics of that!

Could you upload pictures of your modified QAR?

Just went ahead and got myself a Pearl. I haven't got around to building it but I will be taking plenty of pictures. Man it's been so long since I owned a Lego ship. I feel like a giddy 12yr old boy again. :pir-sweet:

Still no sight of the Black Pearl here... Can't wait for a review :)

Be sure to let me know whenever you find one, I'm not planning to buy one but as history proved; things don't always go according to plan :pir_laugh2:

I'll find an excuse when I finally spot one in the store :pir_laugh2:

Be sure to let me know whenever you find one, I'm not planning to buy one but as history proved; things don't always go according to plan :pir_laugh2:

I'll find an excuse when I finally spot one in the store :pir_laugh2:

I'll mail Dreamland tomorrow to ask for an official release date. I'm not planning to go to the store everyday. They might become suspicious. :pir_laugh2:

Hey Captain, I wen't to your brickshelf page.....what are those white curved parts you have near the bow....not familar

with those parts?

I will put up a folder this weekend on my Brickshelf page, with shots of my modded QAR.

thanks!

Wait I thought that there was a review out for it. If not well then I will go ahead and write a review of it. BTW I was told by LEGO that the offical release date for the BP was November 1st(official) I was talking to an employee of Lego today and they were amazed that I was able to get a BP before the release date.

Hallo boys and girls, or what ever! My name is Captain Jack Sparrow!

Ah, I think some of you heard of me!

As you know I build my lovely Pearl! This one out of the Video Game!

I'm ready with my LDD building, but my real Black Pearl isn't ready!

Savvy?!

Here some pic's of it:

More Pic's on: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=474625

You'll always remember that as the day, that you almost cought Captain Jack Sparrow!

Savvy!

Wow! When I saw the Black Pearl from the video game on the LEGO website, I wasn't sure it would be possible to build from actual bricks. And while I don't own the video game myself for cross-referencing purposes, it seems I shouldn't have been so skeptical-- that is an excellent rendition, and with a reasonable piece count as well!

Incidentally, how many of the parts for it exist in real life, and how many do not? I know the crate pieces (which make great detail) don't at this time exist in Dark Orange, but I'm sure another color could be a decent substitute for that if it's the only issue.

Not having the game myself, I'm in no fit state to do a full color correction, and even if I had the game colors would probably have to rely on guesswork. However, I can spot a few things you might prefer to change if you want the minifigures to match those in the sets. Specifically, Jack Sparrow's pants in the sets are Reddish Brown and his coat is Dark Brown. Then again, you use yellow faces for all the figs, so perhaps these changes were just stylistic decisions.

Because of my limited knowledge of the game, as far as I'm concerned, this model is flawless. I look forward to somebody attempting to build it in real life! On a side note, its size makes me feel the need to ask: does the video game also have a larger version of the QAR, since those two are supposed to be about the same size? If you made that on LDD I'd probably be equally impressed.

Because of my limited knowledge of the game, as far as I'm concerned, this model is flawless. I look forward to somebody attempting to build it in real life! On a side note, its size makes me feel the need to ask: does the video game also have a larger version of the QAR, since those two are supposed to be about the same size? If you made that on LDD I'd probably be equally impressed.

The QAR in the game is the exact same as the official Lego model.

The Lego stores are now selling the BP, ahead of the normal release date. I got one of mine there. I think this is because Target and TRU are already selling them,....and the lego stores are losing business each day they have to hold them back.

For those in the UK, Argos now has the Black Pearl in store. 901/3823 is the cat number.

Well there's a happy ending for the brits.

I was talking to an employee of Lego today and they were amazed that I was able to get a BP before the release date.

Sounds a bit disingenuous? They must know that the way distribution works is that they start shipping them out month(s) before release date and they sit in the back for a while with notes on them not to put them on the shelves until a certain date, but sometimes a store or chain breaks embargo and once one does it, others start to.

Besides, TLG themselves have been releasing before official date: the recent VW T1 Campervan was scheduled for October 1, but it went up on the US LEGO S@H site on September 23, and the LEGO stores too I believe.

And most of us know, if we want we can have Series 6 Minifigures, officially out in January 2012, by the end of November. Release dates are fluid.

Anyway, what I really want to know is, have any turned up in Australia yet?! Toys R Us are known to have sets out first here. Even better, a department store that will have inevitably have another 20-25% off sale to get people in the pre-Christmas shopping mood.

Wish it would turn up down here soon, some guy is trying to get $184 for it plus postage on ebay what a jerk that's like almost twice what he paid for it. People like that should be banned from ebay on moral grounds lol :pir_laugh2:

Wish it would turn up down here soon, some guy is trying to get $184 for it plus postage on ebay what a jerk that's like almost twice what he paid for it. People like that should be banned from ebay on moral grounds lol :pir_laugh2:

Wow that is crazy. If I had the funds and know how on shipping. I would buy another and sell it straight up plus shipping of course.

I just got the Pearl this morning for my birthday and it is already finished. It truly looks magnificent when it is all completed! Davy Jones is by far the best mini fig of all time!

Captain, you are my hero! That model is amazing. How much time did that take? You have some serious LDD skills. I'll definately be leaning heavily on your design when I finally get around to building it. Thanks for posting this.