Tygurah

POTC - Black Pearl!

My friend found it.

Here you are :pir-blush:

EDIT Bonaparte: Link removed on request of LEGO.

EDIT: information about the Black Pearl (Thanks to lego.wikia.com):

Item №:4184

Pieces:804

Minifigures:

Jack Sparrow

Davy Jones

Joshamee Gibbs

Will Turner

Maccus

Bootstrap Bill Turner

Price:US $99.99

Ages:9+

Released: November 2011

Theme:Pirates of the Caribbean

No prelim images! Maybe a link would be better? Or you can just post it in the correct discussion thread.

Nice find, although it will be taken down because of the Confidential seal. I'd say if this is a real thing it's quite bland. The ship does not have very much grandeur at all, the black color seems to be the one thing it has going for it. Minifigures look neat, I'm not sure who the pirate with the blue hat is, but he looks quite good. :thumbup:

I suppose it was expected that it could be smaller than the QAR, but this is nowhere near the size and scale of the movie version. (Yes even in minifigure terms. :pir-wink: ) useful parts all around thought, so I suppose it's not too bad for the price.

1st impression: Nice, but not as cool as I had hoped. The cabin area is not as I had hoped. But DAVY JONES - yay!!!!

Thank you for the picture :) - I'll take a closer look when I have the time - the ship might grow on me

I think the 6th minifig is a crew. It doesn't look like Barbosa or any of Davy's crew. Or issit the Admiral?

Looks good, although something about it is weird. The minifigs are very suprising. Come with Jack, Gibbs, Will, Davy Jones, Maccus(hammerhead), and Bootstrap Bill(Wills dad).

Looks good, although something about it is weird. The minifigs are very suprising. Come with Jack, Gibbs, Will, Davy Jones, Maccus(hammerhead), and Bootstrap Bill(Wills dad).

This is a must buy for me and will be my first Lego pirate ship ever (so it better not disappoint in person :pir_laugh2: ).

I guess since the Pearl comes with Bootstrap and Maccus, we won't be getting a Dutchman in the near future.

Is that a new Jack? He doesn't come with his hat but its not the waistcoat torso from the smaller sets of this current wave.

Edited by The_Box

Interesting. I can't see too much on the image, but the minifigs seem good.

Although I wonder why Davy Jones is on the ship, his minifig looks great. It looks close to the game version.

As for the Black Pearl, perhaps it's because it's so black, but I find the design quite boring and the mizzen mast seems very unstable.

It may need another square sail there. But of course this is still preliminary. Thanks for sharing!

Judging by the storm and Davy Jones' crew on the ship, this Black Pearl is probably from the third movie. That being said, I think it looks really bland, but it's just prelim so I'm not to worried.

Thanks for the picture. I'm debating between this and QAR, but will have to wait for a review, or at least bettr pictures.

I'm loving the black bottom ship pieces.

BLACK HULL PIECES! Cant say how long Ive been waiting for those :pir-sweet: Since Im mainly an MOCer this is a very exciting set, with lots of useful pieces. I dont know why people are complaining about the color, it is all black after all not much more they could do with it! Wonder why the foremast doesnt have any ratlines :pir_wacko:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

The figs look good as usual, but like others have said, it does look bland. But that's what I expected, as we had the piece count a while ago and it was a lot less then the QAR. Is it me, or does it look like it's built on the smaller hull pieces? Not bad, but if Lego can produce the BSB for nearly the same amount of pieces, then they should be able to do better.

The set looks AWESOME!!! I'm a little surprised that there is no Kraken, but Davy Jones :pir-oh::pir-cry_happy::pir-wub: :

Davyjones.jpg

"Tell me, do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare, all your sins punished? I can offer you an escape. One hundred years before the mast. Will ye serve?"--Davy Jones's first lines in DMC

The minifigure selection seems a bit odd, but its nice that HALF of the minifigures are exclusive. Time to raise our funds up :pir-sweet: !

Me... Want...

That Davy Jones is pure gold, if he's anything like in the game I need him. They better release him in a cheaper set. If I got him I'd put him on a gold plinth saying 'Best minifigure EVAR!'.

Maccus is awesome too, but he's kinda overshadowed by Davy. From the pic I can see his head is a normal one, but with the hammerhead but sat on like a hat. This is how he is in the game.

I probs won't buy this set, I'll wait for the figs in another set. If necerssary I'll ebay Davy.

At first glance I hated it :pir-cry_sad: But its growing on me, it certainly is small, but depending on the price you could get two and build it bigger :pir-classic:

Seeing how this set includes Davy Jones I'm starting to think it will be the last of the PoTC sets. Why wouldn't they save him for the flying Dutchmen set?

Okay, what to say....easy... AWESOME.....I'm buying that set ! :excited:

The ship is excellent and the collection of minifigs is what gives it's AWESOMENESS ! :excited:

It is smaller than the QAR, hence a lower price which is fine by me....price is the reason why I haven't brought a QAR.

Keep on drinking rum everyone ! :wink:

I'm very disappointed with this for multiple reasons:

- the crew doesn't make any sense, no matter which movie it represents Bill never was on the Black Pearl as I remember

- It' really is small and there is no upper hull piece at the back, so we only get 1 black one. It'll be hard to make the ship greater if not buying two sets ...

- as it seems the hull is also not as wide - 10 middle studs I guess or even less

- getting two cannons on six spots as usual

- the overall design is really nothing special and the front looks empty to me

- I hate it how the design of ships made a step backward in LEGO. I mean QAR is nice and this ship is not that bad, but not at all special. I miss all the ropes on both ships, all previous ship designs had a rope from front to end. On QAR it's even more important, since ropes play a role. Also with no ropes the front seal attachment is way off!

- the simple fact of the minifigs included gives me a bad feeling of not getting the Flying Dutchman any time soon!

Overall, I'll probably buy this set for the fact it'll be cheaper then QAR and the design of the great new minifigures. But a lot will need to be done to get a satisfactory representation of the Black Pearl moc or mod vise. I hate it how LEGO manages to make us buy the sets we don't really like or at least don't find them extraordinary.

Not as good as I expected - I might want to mod it heavily, but oh dear..

DAVY JONES and MACCUS. Now damn, that's really helping me with my Flying Dutchman project, plus its crew. Gotta love those already. :pir-grin:

Great set nonetheless. Hopefully I'll be able to modify some parts to make it like the game-version.

Like someone else said, buying two of these might effectively work.

This one is placed at top of my wishlist now.. And wait a minute, Bill Turner?

Okay, can't wait to get this. Great figures, neat set.

- the crew doesn't make any sense, no matter which movie it represents Bill never was on the Black Pearl as I remember

Actually, he was aboard when he appeared to warn Jack about the 'your time is over' thing;

and also during the third movie, fighting Davy Jones.

Anyways, this set's probably just a scene-mixup, as far as the figure selection goes.

And the boxart just appears to be plain random... 'Dead Man's Chest' and 'At World's End' in one?

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

- It' really is small and there is no upper hull piece at the back, so we only get 1 black one. It'll be hard to make the ship greater if not buying two sets ...

- as it seems the hull is also not as wide - 10 middle studs I guess or even less

- getting two cannons on six spots as usual

- the overall design is really nothing special and the front looks empty to me

- I hate it how the design of ships made a step backward in LEGO. I mean QAR is nice and this ship is not that bad, but not at all special. I miss all the ropes on both ships, all previous ship designs had a rope from front to end. On QAR it's even more important, since ropes play a role. Also with no ropes the front seal attachment is way off!

- the simple fact of the minifigs included gives me a bad feeling of not getting the Flying Dutchman any time soon!

Overall, I'll probably buy this set for the fact it'll be cheaper then QAR and the design of the great new minifigures. But a lot will need to be done to get a satisfactory representation of the Black Pearl moc or mod vise. I hate it how LEGO manages to make us buy the sets we don't really like or at least don't find them extraordinary.

Bill was on the Black Pearl in Dead Man's chest. he delivered the black spot to Jack. None the less, the crew still makes no sense to me either.

Bill was on the Black Pearl in Dead Man's chest. he delivered the black spot to Jack. None the less, the crew still makes no sense to me either.

Hmm the more I think about this, I'm not sure why people don't believe the crew makes any sense. In my opinion this set takes place during "Dead Man's Chest" in the scene with the storm, while Jack sends Will over to lure Davy Jones. It's the first scene we see Davy Jones in, and all the characters fit, except Bootstrap, but he was probably added so kids could reinact the scene with the black spot (heaps of role-playing fun there :pir_laugh2: )

I think they should have added another crew member though, perhaps that dwarf character?

...I actually like this. I don't know why people think it's thinner than previous ships - that hull piece at the front is clearly the same as in previous ships, therefore this ship is the same width.

I find it funny that people complained a few years ago that the ships had the same piece at the stern as at the bow, and now people are complaining that it doesn't use the same piece at both ends. :pir_laugh2: Can't please some people...

I only collect things to supplement my Classic Pirates theme, and I'm far more likely to buy this than the QAR. This ship just kind lf looks like a modified black version of the BB, so it wouldn't stand out too much... QAR is quite obviously a ship from a movie.

Also I noticed besides it looked very similar to the black pearl was that it only had 2 cannons. I mean the Queen Anne's Revenge had 3 cannons for a 10 cannon ship and I thought that was stretching it. :imperialguard_commander1:

That's...a let down. It's just...all black. Figs are good, but I think I'll stick with the QAR.