Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Grievous's Wheel Bike

gallery_101_23_281.gif

After a couple of days of fiddling around with a mecha design, it started to look more and more like Grievous's wheel bike, so with some heavy modifications here it is. C@C is welcome as always! :classic:

5829902890_d2a7d34e44.jpg

5829902902_57c890f816.jpg

5829902918_917a69cca6.jpg

5829902926_42be0aeb35.jpg

5829902936_a2dc8c8fe1.jpg

After a couple of days of fiddling around with a mecha design, it started to look more and more like Grievous's wheel bike, so with some heavy modifications here it is. C@C is welcome as always! :classic:

It's very good 501st Commando, you can see where it evolved from your Mecha. Needs more blue though :tongue:.

This is quite nice. I love the extensive use of hands. :sweet: I think the wheel itself might be a tad on the thick side, but nothing major. As constructive criticism goes, my suggestions would be to use some different colors, because right now all the little pieces in two shades of grey are blending together and make it look like there's too much going on in the model. It'd also be nice if the wheel could roll, but I think that'd warrant a complete rebuild of the core area.

Overall, great work. Best wheel bike I've seen in a while.

I can't comment on accuracy since I don't know much about the bike ( only watched ROTS three times , and I'm not in a mood of looking for ref pics and all that stuff right now ) what I can tell is that the moc is really awesome , has perfect greebling and fits the general although his new version is a bit " clonewarsy " . All in all , it's a huge success !

It looks very good. As mentioned adding a splash of colour would break up all the grey a bit, but I love the detail on it! Well done :thumbup:

My initial thoughts were that this is an interesting build but a bit too spiky and that GG gets a little lost in all the bleys and spikyness.

However, I've just looked at some reference images and find the wheel bike is more spiky than I recalled, not as colourful as I thought and GG does kind of blend in to all the technology.

So, well done. :thumbup:

This is really good.Looks like the real set!(Except for the color)I could not build something that well.Where did you get the idea to build this?It's really cool!!Does it actually roll?

Excellent wheel bike 501st Commando! I think the overall design is pretty spot-on judging from the reference material in terms of size, detailing and color scheme. No complaints on my part, great job. :thumbup:

250px-GrievWheelBike_wsmi.jpg

This is great, excellent job on the mech design. It looks pretty great in terms of "realistic" features. One of the best wheels I have seen! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome work here! I love all the techniques used (especially the minifig hands) to achieve that greebly, mecha-stylin look. I'd love to see whatever mech this was supposed to be too. :classic:

Oh hey not to shabby! :thumbup: I really like how spikey, even if it does make it a bit more inaccurate, the wheel is.

This is really good.Looks like the real set!(Except for the color)I could not build something that well.Where did you get the idea to build this?It's really cool!!Does it actually roll?

The SW ROTS Incredible Cross-Sections book, and SW ROTS.

Awesome work here! I love all the techniques used (especially the minifig hands) to achieve that greebly, mecha-stylin look. I'd love to see whatever mech this was supposed to be too. :classic:

There was never a full mecha, I was just fiddling around with leg joints, and it evolved into this.

@-Thanks for the great C@C everyone! :classic:

Excellent wheel bike '501st', and that's a lot of minifig hands.....quite a few construction workers are missing their hands at the moment ! :laugh:

You caught the spirit of the bike's design and may the Sith brick be with you ! :grin:

This is much better than the Lego sets!

Just a suggestion, could you possibly bulk up the bottom of the legs so the 'feet' area? It just doesn't look quite right.

Other than that, great job!

@thecrea1or

Hello, please do note that bumping old topics is not recommended. We have a rules about that in the Guidelines, which you agreed to during your sign-up. Please read them again.

Also, this user you are asking is not active on EB for more than 4 years.

Have fun!