fred67

Elves from Rivendell

We know the Werewolf hair from Series 4 is the same mold as the Elf hair from Series 3 so, as has been discussed a few times on the site, I finally got the right nail polish and made some dark elf hair by coloring the brown ears yellow; now we can have elves from Rivendell as well as Mirkwood!

5829852556_ff1c21b08b.jpg

DSCF0792 by FredJH, on Flickr

5829852554_8deaf09d81.jpg

DSCF0790 by FredJH, on Flickr

5829852522_4abacbeecc.jpg

DSCF0788 by FredJH, on Flickr

Could have been a little better, but I was using the nail polish brush instead of my modelling brush. I can't find any paint or nail polish that matches LEGO Yellow, but I think I actually did a better job than they did with their elf hair.

The nail polish I used is called "Sinful Colors," and I found them at Walgreens. I used a mix of two colors: 953 "Unicorn," and 928 "Let's Meet." I feel so sinful... people were looking at me with my minifugre head in hand trying to match colors. :laugh:

Edited by fred67

We know the Werewolf hair from Series 4 is the same mold as the Elf hair from Series 3 so, as has been discussed a few times on the site, I finally got the right nail polish and made some dark elf hair by coloring the brown ears yellow; now we can have elves from Rivendell as well as Mirkwood!

I have had this idea also but seeing that i can't paint a stick figure I was thinking of finding a brown head like mace windu or seso from PoP to use with the ears and call him dark elf :tongue:

I have had this idea also but seeing that i can't paint a stick figure I was thinking of finding a brown head like mace windu or seso from PoP to use with the ears and call him dark elf :tongue:

I would like to do that, too! I haven't priced out any NBA heads, but I'll have to take a look. Drow would be awesome to have.

Nice, simple and effective way to put some variation on an Eleven army. You could even go further by recoloring the hair itself to the color that you want. Though I've never thought of using nail polish, and the results are surprisingly good. Thanks for sharing this fred!

You better keep that elf separate. Now that he has "Lets Meet" in his mind(maybe some paint dribbled in there), he may be feeling frisky.

Wow these look good! :thumbup: It looks like you've matched the color pretty well. I may have to try this...

:laugh: I've compared colors in the store too. :tongue:

Definetly awesome! ^^

And I really like the though of you walking around with your minifig's head XD... I probably looked the same with a hairpiece when I was looking for some acrylic paint 0_o...

Anyway, well done, this looks really great! ^^

Maybe it's better to be seen comparing colours with a minifig head than just looking a like a bloke out to buy nail-polish.

This is a nice simple solution but very effective :thumbup:

Fred, I just noticed this and I must admit that this is a very good customisation attempt to make the elf's ear less "brown". :thumbup:

It is certainly looks so much better and appealing. So, I wonder how many did you manage to replicate so far?

It is certainly looks so much better and appealing. So, I wonder how many did you manage to replicate so far?

I only did the one as a test. I have maybe 4 more to try. Need to start "feeling" for more at the LEGO store.

Nail polish?! What a brilliant idea! It looks fantastic, do you know the brand and exact colour you used?

The brand and exact colors are in the OP.

Sorry, don't know how I missed that! *slaps forehead* :laugh: