Tomik

Tomik's Lego Creator MOC

gallery_6705_156_158.png

I was amazed as much by grohl’s creations from mini Creator set 4916 as I bought this set too and began building. It was great challenge to build something what wasn’t already built by grohl. Soon I found few favourite animals of mine which were not built yet and here they are:

Rabbit with carrot was the first – I love rabbits!

4916-1-1-rabbit.jpg

Frog on water lily was the second.

4916-2-1-frog.jpg

The third animal was another cute pet – dachshund.

4916-3-1-dachshund.jpg

The fourth animal was camel (dromedary).

4916-4-1-camel.jpg

The fifth creation was couple of animals – cat and mouse (almost like Tom & Jerry :)

4916-5-1-cat.jpg

Soon beaver came as the sixth creation.

4916-6-1-beaver.jpg

After modifying beaver I’ve got squirrel which has already been the seventh creation.

4916-7-1-squirrel.jpg

I’d like to show you last animal for this time - mountain goat. It's my number 8.

4916-8-1-goat.jpg

If you like my little animals you can find building instructions for all of them at my website buildinst and few more pictures in my brickshelf gallery

Edited by Tomik

Wow, those are really impressive! It's great to see such creativity with such a small set. :thumbup:

I'd be interested to see what you can up with from other Creator sets!

Amazing! These are all wonderful Tomik, I'm really impressed on how many alternate builds you were able to do using only a single Creator set. My personal favorite is the daschund, though all of them are all very well done. :thumbup:

Amazing! These are all wonderful Tomik, I'm really impressed on how many alternate builds you were able to do using only a single Creator set. My personal favorite is the daschund, though all of them are all very well done. :thumbup:

Seriously. That's pretty crazy all the models you did, and all were recognizable.well done.

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Wow, those are really impressive! It's great to see such creativity with such a small set. :thumbup:

I'd be interested to see what you can up with from other Creator sets!

Frankly speaking, this set is something unusual. I tried to build alternative models from other Creator sets but I was not very successful so I moved all my effort to build from Lego Technic. Anyway I have something more to share:

This is formula 1 built from set 5763

5763-1-1-formula.jpg

And this is my last animal from set 4916 up to date - grizzly bear

4916-9-1-bear.jpg

You can also check my Lego Technic creations here.

Hello!

These are quite original alternate models. :classic: The mini set 4916 has really a good parts selection for creating such great animals like you did. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

These are fantastic! It's really impressive how you can suggest so many different details with the same basic parts - like how you made the "tooth" pieces into feet, shoulders, tongues, horns, tails, ears, and whiskers! I think the beaver and the bear are my personal favorites, but that's just because you haven't built a corgi yet :wink:

gallery_6705_156_158.png

I'd like to introduce you my latest Creator alternative models built from sets 4916 and 5763. You can find building instructions for all of following models at buildinst.

Snail

4916-10-1-snail.jpg

Propeller plane

5763-2-1.jpg

5763-2-2.jpg

Trike inspired by T-Rex

5763-3-1-trike.jpg

5763-3-3-trike.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

the snail is genius!

I also like the mocs based on the buggy, especially the plane.

I have that set, too, but so far I had no idea for a moc, especially one that is not a car

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Thanks for reply. This is my last creature - grasshopper.

4916-11-1-grasshopper.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

After looong time I'd like to shere with you my latest creations built out of Lego Creator 31004. I appreciate this set very much because I like building animals and there was just few sets with "normal" animals in last years. So what have I built out of it? At first I've built rabbit. I don't know if it is some kind of abberation :classic: because the first animal that occurs to me is rabbit anytime.

31004-8.jpg

Dachshund is anothter model I built out of set 31004. He can also lift his leg same as my weeing doggie built out of set 8067 to relieve himself. I've used our new family member - dachshund Jessie as model for this creation. If you like this animals you can build them following these instructions.

31004-2-2-dachshund.jpg

31004-2-1-dachshund.jpg

Ha! Your creativity is incredible!

How do you think that you could build so many animals from small pile of details can serve as the prove of morphological unity of the diversity of species on Earth?

Before I introduce you my latest alternative model I'd like to thank Jan Beyer (Lego comunity manager) for sending me set 31019 that I've used for building. Now let's check what I've built. It is Tyrannosaur with his dinner. :laugh: Tyrannosaur features posable legs, claws, tail, head and openable maw. It is stable enough to stand on its two legs. When I've finished it I found out that most of yellow parts left and I was still able to build banana out of them. It looked very strange - tyrannosaur eating big banana. Then I've got another idea - I can build duck! ...and tyrannosaur has got dinner.

31019-1-1-tyrannosaur.jpg

31019-1-2-tyrannosaur.jpg

And there is one more alternate I've built earlier out of set 31004 - mammoth. I've created this model especially for December alternative build competition organized by Rebrickable. Mammoth is relatively big (it ate most parts of set) and features posable trunk, extremities and tail. I have to admit that tusks and front legs are little bit fragile so I don't recommend giving mammoth to little children. Building instructions for mammoth are already available at buildinst.

31004-3-1-mammoth.jpg

This is a very impressive project! I imagine you're really getting your mind going with all these different builds. Very inspiring. It's nice to see a different sort of style of build from time to time, and these builds are all very unique in their plate-based feeling. Even with the unique feel, they are instantly recognizable as the animal they're supposed to be. Keep it up, man!

You're building some of the best alternate models I've ever seen. You should really ge a job with TLG.

The diversity of what you build, is what strikes me most. You don't build a vehicle out of an animal set, but still you manage to pull off something completely different and believable. This topic is full of those creative and well built models. I really hope you keep continuing this, cause they're really inspirational.

Are you participating in the "Be the special" alternate contest at rebrick.com ? You could really make someing great there, just like in the rebrickable alternate contest. I voted for you, you know ;)

Thank you very much for your comments! I appreciate all of them.

maybe a bird would be cool?

I have no experience with building birds however I could try to build ostrich or mallard out of set 31019

Are you participating in the "Be the special" alternate contest at rebrick.com ? You could really make someing great there, just like in the rebrickable alternate contest. I voted for you, you know ;)

Thank you for your vote and mentioning "Be the special" contest. I haven't known about this contest so I'm not participating in it yet but I will. :wink:

Let me introduce my new alternative models. I'm gonna begin with the oldest ones and move to latest ones. Couple months ago I've challenged myself to build some alternate out of polybag 30189 that contains about 50 pieces. I've almost given up after several failed attempts before I've built first alternative model of helicopter. Then I've kept on building and expanded number of alternative models to five (helicopter, yacht, fish, plane and chicken) during next few evenings.

30189-1-1-helicopter.jpg

30189-2-1-yacht.jpg

30189-3-1-fish.jpg

30189-4-1-plane.jpg

30189-5-1-chicken.jpg

Then I've built 4th alternative model out of set 31004 (eagle) - wild boar. This model features just good apperance and little bit moving legs and tail.

31004-4-1-boar.jpg

31004-4-2-boar.jpg

The latest model is penguin built out of set 31021. I've just finished it day before yesterday. It is much more moving than boar and it also features fish that I've created out of left over pieces. There are buildinsg instructions available for all my new models except penguin on buildinst.

31021-5-penguin.jpg

31021-1-penguin.jpg

Wow, you just keep those awesome creations coming! That penguin is pure genious. Everything is right, and you even included a nice tail. I'm even more inawe because I tried to get a dcent alternate out of this set myself for the Rebrickable contest, but only managed to come up with a shabby horse that wouldn't look bad as a dinosaur... But you always seem to find the best in sets and build something that looks like it's actually supposed to be made with those bricks. I have no idea how you do it, but some tips would be welcome ;)

But anyway, great creations all the way! Maybe try building an orca from those furry creatures?

I have no idea how you do it, but some tips would be welcome ;)

I've found out that choosing right template for your future alternative model is crucial. It is much more important than your building techniques - if you don't know what you wanna build you'll build nothing even you know all best building techniques. Back to your question - in general I choose topic of new model according to:

• my wish - for example I wanna build rabbit so let's check if it is possible
  • main model - for example main model is animal so let's build another animal
  • specific part - for example there is some special shaped piece in set that resembles you flipper so you begin building fish
  • color scheme - for example there are black and white pieces in set so let's build penguin that is black and white too
  • another lego set - for example similar lego set was produced in past so let's build something that was alternative model out of this old lego set

And your suggestion to build orca is cool - I think I'll try to build it in future.

Your imagination and creativity is astonishing! Congratulations on all of these - although my favorite is the Penguin with Fish.