bricked one

G1 Autobot Jazz

Hello all

This is my minifig scale G1 Autobot Jazz. He's fully transformable and has attachable speakers and a shoulder cannon. hopefully i can add the rest of the transformation pics next month(I ran out of uploads) You can find the transformation process(19-42) on flickr

Enjoy

5819234479_79675b413f_z.jpg

5819241023_333c6a1df6_z.jpg

5819805812_b18d284f21_z.jpg

5819247337_69d9e5b337_z.jpg

5819917157_017278a513_z.jpg

5819718723_6593790c33_z.jpg

5819720731_cbc09a79df_z.jpg

5819725753_a064dac892_z.jpg

5820293288_38fcd292b4_z.jpg

Flickr

Comments and criticism are always welcome. Thanks for watching!

Edited by bricked one

This is really nice.

The build style and car model remind me of my childhlood's transformers. It truly captures the 1980's style of transformers.

Also if you ran out of upload space, try deeplinking your pics. See here for details on how to proceed!!!

nice MOC!!!

Pirate

Jazz has always been my favorite transformer, no matter which series he was in. You've captured him beautifully here. :wub:

I have to say that this is one of my new favorite MOCs! Great job.

The fact that you captured the early 1980s Transformer style with the Porshe and Autobot Jazz and then were able to combine them so they could transform is totally stand up and clap worthy. Very Cool!!!

Simply amazing Transformers MOC the bricked one, you really did a fantastic job in pulling off the transforming functionality which is very tricky to do in LEGO and in such a small scale build. Excellently done! :thumbup:

This is really cool. I use to watch Transformers when I was a kid and this is a great tribute to the origional series.

Excuse me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.default_blink.gif

That's a great build there mate, the essential details are there with minimal part usage.default_thumbup.gif

My hat goes of to you sir well done recreating one of the greatest characters from Gen 1.

I'm guessing you used the actual model as a refference ?

Your presentation is top notch too.

Now that's one cool Transformer, original mid-80's design.....fantastic work 'the bricked one' and Brick On Fight On ! :grin:

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback!

@TazManiac

no, I've just been re watching the G1 series lately :classic:

If you have any questions about its design, feel free to ask away.

Wow that's awesome. It's almost a perfect replica of the real G1 Jazz, including the transforming aspect, nice.

Hello!

It's always a challenge to design something that lets itself transform into a completely different build. I can imagine that it needed a lot of puzzling to get all the hinges right to not block the transformation process. You've done a really nice transforming robot with all movements going smoothly from what I can see. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's really cool ! I agree with Piratedave84, it really does feel like an 80's transformer !

Wow! Impressive work! :thumbup:

Jazz is one of my all-time favorite Autobots, and he looks great!

You really nailed both car and robot forms! Kudos to you! :thumbup:

Thank you all

Jazz has been my favorite transformers ever since the beginning, its too bad Bay killed him off in the movie

@Legostein

Getting the joints, hinges, and making it transformable, was my major goals in Jazz. It was long and frustrating as you can imagine, but I learned a lot along the way.

@Black knight

Of course! but I'm still deciding which transformer to build, and thus I'm open to suggestions to those who have any.

[off-topic]

its too bad Bay killed him off in the movie

Yeah, really. He had a pretty boring death, too... One that I didn't feel he deserved.[/off-topic]

It think it doesn't look all that great in car mode, bricked one, but I've been working on a Transformer in the last few days and I know how hard it is and your model is probably next to impossible to improve on this scale. It looks absolutely fantastic in robot mode and I love how you did the Martini Stripes on the front. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Excellent work. Honestly, the robot mode looks way nicer than a real Transformer toy. The fact that it's transformable puts those Hasbro Kre-o products to shame. Your's transforms AND still looks nicer than Hasbro's version.

Jazz has been my favorite transformers ever since the beginning, its too bad Bay killed him off in the movie

Lucky me that's not in the continuity I follow... :wink:

This is really cool. Both transformed parts would look great with out the other, but having them together makes it one of the better builds I've seen

Great job :thumbup:

Again, Thank you all

@Ralph

I'll be looking forward to seeing yours soon, who is it?

It's the Autobot Tracks, a blue Chevrolet Corvette. It's not the G1 version though. It is almost done. There are a few small bit I still want to look at to see whether I can improve them and then I'll take pictures. It should be done this weekend. In car mode it's 11 studs wide because it is built to a somewhat larger scale than your Jazz. I needed every bit of room I could get to get everything to fit.

Cheers,

Ralph