Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Hammerhead-class Cruiser (KOTOR)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Before I start posting midi models of the classic trilogy, let me quickly share this one with you. :classic:

It's a small cruiser from the (very) Old Republic, common in the KOTOR (Knight of the Old Republic) era. The Hammerhead Cruiser (reference link) has already the red/white colour scheme thatis common for Old Republic vessels as we know them from the movies. Thus it's possible that some of these sturdy vessels are still present during the Clone Wars. :classic:

This model is part of the MIDI model line where 1 stud = 50 meters (see About Me page for more MIDI models) and is to scale with the MIDI Star Destroyer (set 8099).

hammerhead-cruiser-midi-01.jpg

hammerhead-cruiser-midi-07.jpg

hammerhead-cruiser-midi-08.jpg

That's all for tonight! :classic:

Have a good night everyone and see you around!

~ Christopher

Another excellent midi-build Chris, the overall basic design is accurate as always, and I particularly like the use of that red slope piece at the top (first time I've seen that, from what set is that from?). Very well done once again! :thumbup:

I LOVED this little ship when I was reading the comics! It's good to see you recreate it at this scale. :thumbup:

Excellent! Thank you again Legostein!

I would try it with a trans-blue piece instead of the trans-clear, like in the reference pic.

These MIDI scale are really incredible.

I can't beleive how well you've matched the reference at this scale :thumbup: . I too would like to know where the slope part comes from - but first I'm going to take a guess - one of the racer sets?

Before I start posting midi models of the classic trilogy...

:sweet:

Very nice Legostein, I love the engine bit, very clever :thumbup:.

Aww It's so small :blush:. Looking forward to your next builds.

Nice MOC Legostein :thumbup:

It just feels so small, seeing it compared to the Venator and Star Destroyer. When I played KOTOR it seemed so big in the in-game cutscenes.

Anyways you did an excellent job (again). :cry_happy:

Hello everybody!

Thank you all for the nice comments! :classic:

Good you pointed out where that curved red slope came from, as I did not have the original sets either. I usually browse the BrickLink catalogue for useful pieces and directly order these from there. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow, that is a really great mini-Hammerhead-class Cruiser, Legostein! :sweet:

I am currently playing the KotOR-games myself, and I just love the way the Hammerhead looks in them. I thought about MOC-ing it, but I've never made a MOC before, so that wouldn't be a succes :grin: and now you come up with this mini, which just looks excellent :thumbup:

At first I thought it could use a little more red, but after looking at a picture of it, I realize it's actually perfect this way.

I hope you'll be making more (Knights of the) Old Republic MOCs, some day :classic:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel