Sign in to follow this  
Sirens-of-Titan

Ambush at the Mausoleum (MOC)

indexed.gif

Hello everyone, I'm pleased to say that after nearly a month of slow building I'm finally finished with my latest creation. default_laugh2.gif

1307554357m_DISPLAY.jpg

Story:

The Mausoleum of Vasily the Great is the Kingdom's most sacred burial ground. Only the most honored warriors and noblemen are buried here, and their monuments are maintained and curated over by the Kingdom's major religious sect; "The Order Of the Crown of Thorns".

Key to the order's central dogma is the idea of universal suffering and the honor of overcoming the self. The Order has long sought relics of the old Tasher Empire to be brought back to it's temples and Mausoleums. Today, a party of heroes entered the Mausoleum with a sacred Tasher Relic; "The Conduit". This mystical object was attained by Asparuh the warrior and his loyal group of followers.

What started out as a simple delivery has gone terribly wrong; upon delivering the relic to the temple the group is ambushed by the Lord of the Darkness himself; Count Vlad, and his army of Kavala slaver minions. As the party prepares to fight the incoming horde to the bitter end, a shadowy figure scales the Mausoleum and eyes up Count Vlad from the shadows.

This mysterious stranger may be the only hope for our doomed heroes...

1307554370m_DISPLAY.jpg

1307554375m_DISPLAY.jpg

Tombs of the Honored

1307554379m_DISPLAY.jpg

In retrospect Brother Yarek should not have gone into the religious life. For one thing he enjoyed it too much; his nutty hobbies and constant excitement annoyed the rest of the brothers to no end. default_laugh_new.gif

1307554383m_DISPLAY.jpg

1307554396m_DISPLAY.jpg

Relaxing with the forbidden arts

1307554409m_DISPLAY.jpg

1307554422m_DISPLAY.jpg

1307554428m_DISPLAY.jpg

Asparuh the Warrior, Edrin the wizard, and Liarah the Elf. Edrin hates leaving his tower and visiting populated places. For reasons that were lost to him, every time he showed up in a town small children would tug at his cape and ask him for presents.

1307554433m_DISPLAY.jpg

Count Vlad is back for more! default_blink.gif

This is done in the "Neo-Byzantine style". The inspiration was the Alexander Nevski Cathedral in Sofia, BG.

As always a lot more photos on MOCPages!

This is the latest development in my series of fantasy/castle MOC's. Let me know if you like them so far.

Please feel free to comment! default_blink.gif

Wow! I immediately recognized the Byzantine influences in your MOC, and I love all of it!

The minifigures, the tombs (most of all, the Han solo effigy. NPU all the way. :thumbup: ), the actual building itself, all fantastic! :) I have one question to ask though, the robed henchmen, are those Jawa faces of the S4 Werewolf?

I love your creation. It's very detailed. And the humor of your descriptions was nice too. I really liked all the detail of the different tombstones.

P.S. You have an awesome username. I love all thinks Vonnegut. :wub:

Excellent MOC 'Sirens-Of-Titan', the mausoleum is a true high point but also the use of so many different themed minfig components to come up with all the characters....a huge :thumbup: !

Keep up the cool work and Brick On 'Sirens-Of-Titan' ! :grin:

I have seen many of your Mocs, but this one is special, the building thechniques are superb, and the contrast between colors is really eye pleasant.

Honestly a great work and interesting background story introduction too. :classic::thumbup:

Edited by Niku

This is wonderful, I especially like your stained glass technique.

The scene flows really nicely, it almost looks like a scene from a well written comic book.

Fantastic work.

Fantastic creation! That little graveyard really adds to the whole scene. I love the fact that there is so much to see.

Great work!

Another beautiful creation Sirens-Of-Titan! Lots of excellent elements that I admire in this build - the cheese-slope detailing in the front flooring, the mini-graveyard, and even the custom purist figs inject a lively atmosphere to this MOC. Great job as always! :thumbup:

Brilliant, you just keep bringing on the awesome MOC's! :thumbup: The graveyard is awesome and the elements from the "blacksmith attack" set just make me want to get that set even more, if that is possible. I love the rounded roof and barbed wire-topped cupolas as well - the byzantine influence is clear to see.

I love yr backstories as well - i admit i'm getting quite attached to yr little band of heros! Will there be some resoloution of this storyline, or are you going to be constantly leaving them in ever more precarious predicaments? :devil::innocent2:

This is great work, the details are superb! I really enjoy the little ornaments on the graves, and the shape of the whole building.

I think that your building skills have been getting better each MOC! Keep it up! :thumbup:

bloody sh*t*.

That's truly awesome! From first to last brick.

The graveyard idea is something I need to keep in mind when expanding the skeleton army from ninjago.

Question:

how did you build it. I mean, how did you know where what techniques to apply. Did you plan the building from sttart to finish? etc

Edited by horizon

like I sad, I love when I see that you produced new moc, they are always fantastic ;)

A Great Moc, The use of the Blacksmith's weapons tie in pretty well to the gravestone's. Your Mausoeum is beautiful with great details. I love the Windows, simple yet elegant. Keep up the great work as we look forward to seeing more of your awesome MOC's.

Edited by Halberd777

I have to say that, although I havent been a member of EB for a very long time I have had a real good route around folks MOC's and this has to be one of my favourites. Great design, good playability, the ability to fit in to many genre's and most of all the size. It's got so much without being ridiculously enormous or widespread.... I have no doubt that this cracking MOC will inspire lots of folks who dont yet build their own to go out and have a bash at creating something similar... Kudos friend, I love it!!! :thumbup:

Hey that´s really beautiful.

The round windows and roof between the towers looks perfect.

All the details for example on the graves are very harmonic.

Beautiful MOC, Sirens of Titan! I just love the details on the building, like the roof and the rounded windows. I also like that you pay a lot of attention to the minifigs, and how you give them names and backgrounds. It's just an all-round amazing creation, so well done. And thanks for sharing this with us all!

Thank you all for the great comments! I'm happy to hear that you like it. :blush:

To answer some questions about the MOC:

... I have one question to ask though, the robed henchmen, are those Jawa faces of the S4 Werewolf?

Those are actually the SW EV-9D9 Droid heads from SW Jabba's palace. I found they look like face masks and quite menacing under a hood!

I love yr back stories as well - i admit I'm getting quite attached to yr little band of heroes! Will there be some resolution of this storyline, or are you going to be constantly leaving them in ever more precarious predicaments? :devil::innocent2:

gabe, thank you I'm glad you like the story. There is an over-arching type of narrative that has the warrior Asparuh and his party of heroes exploring different parts of a fantasy Kingdom, but that is very loosely lodged in for flavor. Each MOC can be viewed in it's merit, although there is a more-elaborate long-term story that i am going to complete before I finish the fantasy mocs series. :sweet:

Question:

how did you build it. I mean, how did you know where what techniques to apply. Did you plan the building from start to finish? etc

Truth be told I don't plan anything past the overall dimensions of the building. Since this one was based on an actual architectural piece, I simplified a lot of the features and drew an overall rough sketch of what I wanted it to look like. Since everything is minifigure-scale it was pretty straight forward to see what dimensions looked realistic for the domes and windows, and from there I matched the rest of the building in scale. The techniques I use are usually thought of on the spot. I must have rebuilt the big windows on the front 4 times before I was satisfied with how they looked. My advice is to just try unconventional uses for parts and see what looks good and what doesn't. :wink:

Looks great, but I was hoping for a close up on the slaver guys. I can't see their faces.

So beautiful!! I like the techniques on the building of course, but what strikes me the most is the posing of minifigs! Great work there!

Looks great, but I was hoping for a close up on the slaver guys. I can't see their faces.

Here's a pic showing the figures clearly. (Don't know how I missed to closeup on these guys before) :thumbup:

5817462353_18be25cd87_z.jpg

Thank you all for the nice comments

It's great to see another installment of your fantasy world! I love the continuing themes throughout all of your mocs, something missing from most peoples! :thumbup: I love all the designs of the gravestones, especially the Han Solo one! :grin:

I see Aspurah it from the Goblins all right, but what of Vanek and Morgan? Not to mention 'Him' from the Dwaren Halls... :look:

That looks awesome. but I am not familiar with that face.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's the head of EV-9D9, from the Jabba's Palace set.

sw072.jpg