Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Eurobricks Event 2011 special model: Mini Rebel Transport

gallery_101_23_281.gif

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everybody!

Being back after an outstanding event in Windsor, I'd like to share some of the creativity we've had there with all of you. :classic:

With a big thanks to the organisers for providing us with free creator and mini sets. :classic:

The following Rebel Transport (reference link) only consists of pieces from sets 8033 (Mini General Grievous' Starfighter, 44 pieces) and Creator set 7805 ("Shark", 44 pieces). It uses 77 pieces of those two sets, and thus there are almost no left-overs. :classic:

7805-8033-rebel-transport-0.jpg

7805-8033-rebel-transport-1.jpg

7805-8033-rebel-transport-3.jpg

7805-8033-rebel-transport-4.jpg

7805-8033-rebel-transport-6.jpg

Have fun building!

Yours Christopher.

Edited by Rufus
Creator Alts link

Nice work. It must be hard, with only those pieces, to creat this nice looking ship. And thanks for the instructions.

Nice work as always with this alternate model, Legostein. It looks like it might be a little bit on the tall side (unless I'm not thinking right and this is not a Gallorfree transport), but nothing serious.

Cool, I always enjoy your alternative builds Legostein. I have the mini GG Starfighter and my daughter has (or should I say, had :devil: ) the Creator Shark. :grin:

I watched you build this; it was the work of moments and was instantly recognisable by the group without prompting. To create something such as this from two unrelated polybags (which you didn't even choose) in such a short time was incredibly impressive. :thumbup:

I'm very glad you've decided to share it in the forums.

Great job as always creating an accurate-looking mini despite the parts limitation. And even more impressive that you were able to do it at just the spur of the moment (as Pandora said) - now that's really talent. :thumbup:

Fantastic as usual! :grin:

and I now have a use for the free sharks I got with a couple of recent S@H orders :laugh:

A very nice model Legostein, I love the bridge using the curved bit. It's a very clever combination of the two sets. What transport is it though?

Edited by Mr Man

Hello,

thank you everybody for your nice comments! :classic:

I am aware that it's slightly out of proportion, but it's been a lot of fun building this and it's a pleasure sharing it. :sweet:

What transport is it though?

There is a reference image in the first post. :wink: I am sure you rembember the Rebel Medium Transports (that's how they are adressed in the movies, exact specification: Gallofree Yards GR-75 Transport) in the movies. :classic: Although they're not a main ship they can be seen throughout the fleet scenes in the classic trilogy (a smaller version GR-45 can even be seen in A New Hope on Tatooine). :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

There is a reference image in the first post. :wink: I am sure you remember the Rebel Medium Transports (that's how they are addressed in the movies, exact specification: Gallofree Yards GR-75 Transport) in the movies. :classic: Although they're not a main ship they can be seen throughout the fleet scenes in the classic trilogy (a smaller version GR-45 can even be seen in A New Hope on Tatooine). :classic:

Opps :blush:, didn't see that the first time, I recognise it now it does look a bit squashed though :devil:.