Sign in to follow this  
Shroffy123

Xbox 360 Kinect and Lego - the Possibilities

Hello all,

Have you seen the new Xbox360 Kinect "Object Scan" feature? Object Scan allows players to scan ANY object into the Xbox making it fully playable.

Essentially, those with Kinect can now scan their Lego Sets, Minifigs, etc and create there own lego world, allowing them to play and live out their lego world in a virtual setting. Amazing!

I have a kinect but never new this, this could lead to a whole worlo of oppertunitys :excited: the kinect is even only 20 cm in front of some of my lego, thanks for this infomation Shroffy123

Edited by Jedi master Brick

Hello all,

Have you seen the new Xbox360 Kinect "Object Scan" feature? Object Scan allows players to scan ANY object into the Xbox making it fully playable.

Essentially, those with Kinect can now scan their Lego Sets, Minifigs, etc and create there own lego world, allowing them to play and live out their lego world in a virtual setting. Amazing!

do I have to download this software? were cAN I find this??????????

Microsoft announced it today at E3'11. The example shown at the event - developers scanned a stuffed toy and where able to mimic movements within a virtual environment.

I'm not sure how good the technology is, or well be in the near future. But, exactly, think of the possibilities. An AFOL being able to scan their entire Lego City or Kingdom, thus creating a virtual environment which they can mimic and control their creation. A huge step from stop-motion.

do I have to download this software? were cAN I find this??????????

You need a Kinect and Xbox. It is available on Xbox Live.