KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just got back from the LEGO Store with a UCS Snowspeeder, an R2-D2, and $20 in VIP credit (Bounty Hunter Battle Pack, I'm looking at you!).

I feel incredibly thankful to be able to get the Snowspeeder; it's important for me to remember that it's a "first-world" luxury.

It also happens to be my favorite Star Wars vehicle for some reason, and my second UCS set after Slave I.  I won't build it until this weekend, though, because I have a long work shift tomorrow, and I want an incentive to perform well on the job.  :wink:

However, I did build R2 just now, and he's absolutely adorable.  I never got any of the other May the Fourth promotions, so I can't judge, but I would think that this little guy ranks among the best. The set is chock-full of unusual pieces (for me, at least), including a 2x3 tile.  The printed pieces are great, considering that R3-M2 got a sticker.  Pictures really don't do justice to the R2 promotional minifigure.  When you build him, you just want to spin his dome and slide him across the floor.  :laugh:

Edited by RogueTwo

Went to the LEGO store and got Battle Of Scarif for 20% off, which I was waiting for it to be before I bought it.  Also got a second Imperial Trooper Battle Pack to get over $50 to get R2-D2.

15 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

Went to the LEGO store and got Battle Of Scarif for 20% off, which I was waiting for it to be before I bought it.  Also got a second Imperial Trooper Battle Pack to get over $50 to get R2-D2.

Scarif seems like a great set, especially for 40 USD.  I would have gotten it if I hadn't gotten the Snowspeeder.  And honestly, I think Rogue One is a better movie than Empire, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.  Also, as I said above, R2 is amazing!

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Pictures really don't do justice to the R2 promotional minifigure.  When you build him, you just want to spin his dome and slide him across the floor.  :laugh:

Pleased to hear it. My 5yr old son is getting this as consolation for not being allowed anywhere near my Slave 1!

10 hours ago, neueruse said:

Tried to order Slave 1 last night and this morning and both times got errors when trying to apply my gift cards. Now it's out of stock :(

Ended up calling today and they were able to submit my order. Excited to build my first UCS set!

My store was cleaned out of Y-wings, A-wings, Snowspeeders, Turbo Tanks, and Scarif sets. :sceptic: 

Ended up with U-Wing microfighter and a plan to order the Y-Wing tonight to get R2. :grin: 

x2 Tie Striker for $32 and Slave 1, which is my first UCS set and now I'm only 100 over budget, which is totally worth it :D

I went a little nuts with the May 4th promotion too. Got the Snow Speeder, Poe's X-Wing, Y-Wing and a few smaller sets. The Lego website is cleaned out already but the store was still fully stocked. I imagine by the end they will be completely wiped out.

So I bought from 3 different websites and made 4 order total to take advantage of the different sales.

From amazon: the Y-wing microfighter and 2 rebels battlepacks

Order 1 from Lego: the phantom 2, the microfighter tie striker and 2 imperial battlepacks. + the R2 polybag. -25$ with VIP points
Order 2 from Lego: y-wing, battle of Scariff, duel on Naboo and 4 imperial battlepacks. + the R2 polybag

From Toys r us: U-wing microfighter, Krennics shuttle microfighter and the droid troop transport from 2015. -10$ from a coupon I had

Now I just need to go to the Lego store before work so I can get Luke's landspeeder that was sold off the website

21 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Thanks Thorin, looking forward to this build. :grin:

Enjoy the snowspeeder, will prob be next year's "yearly ucs purchase" - during the may 4th promotion.

Oh, and just picked up the MF for my son's Christmas - though it will be a family build. No way a 5 yr old has the patience, or competence, for a set like that.

You never know. My nephew is 5 going on 6 and he is putting things together like you wouldn't believe...

Good idea holding onto it for x-mas. I already bought a couple batman sets for the nephew. My son is only 2.5, so I'm stuck playing duplos with him!

3 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

My store was cleaned out of Y-wings, A-wings, Snowspeeders, Turbo Tanks, and Scarif sets. :sceptic: 

Ended up with U-Wing microfighter and a plan to order the Y-Wing tonight to get R2. :grin: 

You better order soon... almost all of the sets are on backorder or out of stock in the western hemisphere shop at home site.

1 hour ago, thorin said:

You never know. My nephew is 5 going on 6 and he is putting things together like you wouldn't believe...

Good idea holding onto it for x-mas. I already bought a couple batman sets for the nephew. My son is only 2.5, so I'm stuck playing duplos with him!

Yeah maybe, he has another 7 months of experience to gain between now and then.

Aah, the Duplo days! I remember building some crazy things with those bricks. Couldn't wait for him to outgrow it though!

Got the Rebel Combat Frigate with big discount. I finally have an Ahsoka minifigure.

Decided I didn't have enough sets from the Phantom Menace and managed to get the latest edition of the N1 Naboo Starfighter for less than half price. Didn't come for May the 4th but it will definitely be an enjoyable belated Star Wars Day celebration!:tongue:

Hi there,

A newbie to the site but not to collecting and building Lego sets,

Got myself the UCS Snowspeeder from shop@home and the 9492 Tie Fighter and the 75054 AT-AT both still factory sealed from a local Marketplace website. Now i am broke and thinking about getting myself a newspaper route to start saving same cash for the upcoming rumored Star Wars UCS set :wink:

Edited by Fingolfin-II

Microfighter Snowspeeder x9 for €24. I don't usually get these but saw one discounted to €2.90 so scooped the lot. Figured 9 snowspeeder minifigs and 800 pieces was a bargain

Also a newbie to the site.  Hello folks :sweet: 

Got myself the tie figther UCS, slave-1 UCS and I found the sandcrawler UCS in great complete condition, so I bought those three..expensive but totally worth it. I ordered the new snowspeeder on the 4th but have to wait till the 19th of may. Ah well I get that r2d2 polyback for free so I am happy lol

Finally got something from the S@H discounts. Been patiently waiting and ignoring the offers cause I hadon't limited budget. 2x Battle on Scarif today and an R2D2 poly. On back order but no rush. Used €25 VIP too to reduce it down to €46. Happy days. Plan to make a MOC of the two whenever that happens

Virtually everything I wanted was sold out by the time I could get to the LEGO store, so I ended up getting 75148 and 75169 instead. The big surprise was seeing the sale prices effecting some of the newest sets, like the Y-wing. For that reason, I ordered that, battle on Scarff and a second carbon freezing scene from the website. (Those there were the ones I'd wanted to get at the store)

Well since by time I remembered may the fourth sale everything was backordered so I went to toys r us and price matched krennicks shuttle and got the u wing on line and got r2 d2.

Just bought a Vader keyring for £3.99 and got the R3 added free. Postage was £3.95 but I don't mind as I got the R3!

brought 75151 turbo tank from smyths toys at £77 it was quite a saving and hard to say no to tweaked the build to make it a bit more as it appeared in rogue one prison transport

For May the Fourth I got Krennic's Shuttle on sale for $70, and the Imperial Trooper battle pack. 

eb3afa91-f9cf-4940-9d7e-87bd7699b16b

Such a great set, really happy with it. 

3d1e7510-50f4-441d-9e45-3f94df110df5

Edited by JDbricks

Summer wave sets are out in Hong Kong (and Singapore, I believe) so I placed a Toys'R'Us order that arrived today:

3x 75166 First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack
1x 75180 Rathtar Escape
2x 75182 Republic Fighter Tank
1x 75186 The Arrowhead

along with 1x 75165 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack and 2x 75132 First Order Battle Pack

Found a 75121 death trooper constraction figure for 10$ on clearance at Wal-Mart so I said why not and bought it to see how they look.
I also finally got Luke landspeeder.