KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

31 minutes ago, jamiejme said:

TRU initial prices are already inflated. Your best bet is amazon for discounts.

Yes, usually TRU prices are inflated, but when sets come out, they are sometimes MSRP for a little bit.  For example, I just bought the Y-Wing on Thursday for 60 USD, so if it's already 20% off, I'm a bit disappointed.  But more power to anyone else who gets them while they're on sale!  :classic:

But you're right that Amazon discounts down the road will probably be better.

Edited by RogueTwo

16 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

So, basically every new set.  :grin:  I'm definitely jealous, but I wish you happy building!  I think I'll buy the Battle on Scarif next, probably this coming Friday or Saturday.  

Haha couldn't help myself. it had been almost 6 months since lego last released new star wars sets! I see many imperial battle packs in my future. 

4 hours ago, jamiejme said:

TRU initial prices are already inflated. Your best bet is amazon for discounts.

Check the TRU website.

new sets are MSRP like lego store and plus 20%.

I am sure TRU will raise MSRP above normal soon but currently Normal MSRP with 20% off. 

Y-wing is $47.99 now and $59.99 MSRP which is same as Lego store.

Unfortunately My local target and TRU did not have 75165 battle pack so could not buy it for $9.99 yet. There are some other TRU stores has 75165 but don't want to drive so probably will wait. Hope target stay with the price.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Yes, usually TRU prices are inflated, but when sets come out, they are sometimes MSRP for a little bit.  For example, I just bought the Y-Wing on Thursday for 60 USD, so if it's already 20% off, I'm a bit disappointed.  But more power to anyone else who gets them while they're on sale!  :classic:

But you're right that Amazon discounts down the road will probably be better.

You can ask for price adjustment ^_^

You don't even need to pricematch to their website, it automatically rings up. I bought the A-Wing from TRU today for $35, which is pretty good considering it's a TRU exclusive (and that it just came out).

10 hours ago, starwars4ever said:

You don't even need to pricematch to their website, it automatically rings up. I bought the A-Wing from TRU today for $35, which is pretty good considering it's a TRU exclusive (and that it just came out).

I'm crying inside seeing that price :cry_happy:

Just got the resistance transport from TFA 50% off from the Lego Online Shop and the First Order Transport from John Lewis 34% off which I purchased as I noticed it had been retired on lego.com, now just 4 released sets on my wish list Y-Wing, the two TFA X-Wings and Kylo Ren's Shuttle. Just waiting for some good discounts. 

I'm also just bricklinking some figures and parts to make ScottishDaves version of the  First Order Transporter and to get the TFA figs from sets I won't buy. 

Looks like target has a price mistake for 75165 battle pack for $9.99 yesterday. target removed it from the list today.

if my local TRU had it yesterday, I could do price match for $9.99. Unfortunately local TRU just stocked 75165 T_T

but Ebay offer 10% ebay bucks until Feb 23 and Lego star wars can be purchased through TRU ebay.

A-wing is only one above MSRP (original MSRP is $39.99 but typical TRU price is $42.99) but still $35 plus 10% ebay buck is not bad.

unfortunately Y-wing is not on the ebay TRU list. 

I bought most of winter 2016 items early then I did not have anything to buy when Lego and TRU polybag promotion which require minimum purchase so in this time, I prefer to wait but the price is pretty decent for new release plus ebay bucks.

since the ebay's offer will end on Feb.23, hopefully TRU list Y-Wing at ebay. 

Already put some items in ebay cart (A-wing, scarif, Yoda's starfighter, and both battle packs) but hard decision without Y-wing......

11 hours ago, Ahzeal said:

Just got the resistance transport from TFA 50% off from the Lego Online Shop and the First Order Transport from John Lewis 34% off which I purchased as I noticed it had been retired on lego.com, now just 4 released sets on my wish list Y-Wing, the two TFA X-Wings and Kylo Ren's Shuttle. Just waiting for some good discounts. 

I'm also just bricklinking some figures and parts to make ScottishDaves version of the  First Order Transporter and to get the TFA figs from sets I won't buy. 

Very nice discounts! I've largely avoided the TFA sets due to almost all of them being so poorly designed compared to the on-screen counter-parts. However, the resistance transport does the vehicle justice and is one of my favourite sets to date

I finally got (75170)! I almost though I screwed myself over because I saw it early at TRU, but realized I forgot my gift card.:sceptic: Then I tried my Target on Sunday, but they didn't have any winter wave sets.:hmpf_bad: Then I heard about it being 20% off on the TRU site and with my gift card it only cost me $11, at least my wallet benefited from the wait! :grin::thumbup:

I just picked up the A-wing from TRU for 20% off even though it wasn't really 20% off. I'm going to hold off on the rest of the wave for better discounts.  

Waiting was paid off hahaha

just bought Y-wing for around $40-42 

TRU 20% off plus 10% eBay buck was a good deal but Y-wing was sold out at Both TRU eBay (or have not listed) and TRU online so decided to wait a day or two. In this morning, Amazon matched TRU Y-Wing price ($48) plus a coupon ($8.62) so pulled the trigger.

looking forward to receive it soon.

9 hours ago, neueruse said:

Picked up a U-Wing for $10 thanks to Amazon's $8.62 coupon and a $50 gift card. Arrives today!

Nice!  At first when you said $10, I thought you were talking about the Microfighter.  :wink:
Speaking of $10, today I bought an Imperial Trooper Battle Pack (75165) from my local Target, where it is still priced for $10.  Seems like a steal to me; I'm sure they'll be correcting that price soon.

I got one 5002938. Love his shoulder pauldron. 

33103112835_6e142bd3f9.jpgP2252729 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

I got one more 75078. Can never have enough and the printing for these has grown on me. 

32257667554_dab23d5560.jpgP2252735 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

Got on 75141 since I still needed a Kanan. Plus those blasters came in handy to arm my previous set's troops. 

32257660024_0eb835fe4a.jpgP2252732 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

Lastly I got 30605 FN-2187. Needed that guy to add to my FO trooper corp. Despite his lack of helmet I like him. 

32943882261_a945ec69a7.jpgP2232655 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

Edited by Japanbuilder

My U-Wing arrived the other day, 42.90 Euro from Amazon (50.90 minus 8 euros I still had from a gift card).

It's my first Lego SW ship, and it was a very fun build! I also love Rogue One and I'm happy I got the two main characters. I'll probably buy the U-Wing microfighter to get the correct pilot minifig; I'm also thinking about bricklinking a #4163986 plate to replace the grey plate on the right wing, which kinda ruins the design to me.

2 hours ago, HarryHagaren said:

My U-Wing arrived the other day, 42.90 Euro from Amazon (50.90 minus 8 euros I still had from a gift card).

It's my first Lego SW ship, and it was a very fun build! I also love Rogue One and I'm happy I got the two main characters. I'll probably buy the U-Wing microfighter to get the correct pilot minifig; I'm also thinking about bricklinking a #4163986 plate to replace the grey plate on the right wing, which kinda ruins the design to me.

I believe the gray plate is to show wear on the aircraft. The hasbro model has a grey area in the same spot. Also could more resemble the U-wing that Casian flew in Rogue One

Well I just made a purchase of...

----------------------------------------

First Order battle pack (75132)

Resistance battle pack (75131)

--------------------------------------

Galactic Empire battle pack (75134)

-------------------------------------------------

Micro Fighters Wookiee gun ship (75129)

Imperial trooper battle pack (75165)

Kanan's  speeder bike (75141)

I got the U-Wing, U-Wing Microfighter, TIE Striker Microfighter, Rebel Battle Pack, Imperial Trooper Battle Pack, Yoda's Jedi Starfighter, Duel On Naboo, The Phantom 2.0 & Luke's Landspeeder.  Also getting the Assault On Hoth next week.  Needless to say it's my birthday next week.

Y-wing was arrived from Amazon today and got battle pack (75165) from TRU ($9.99 target price match). Thought about getting extra battle packs but will save it for promotion since I bought most of new release which I am interested in.

On 21/2/2017 at 9:40 PM, jamiejme said:

Very nice discounts! I've largely avoided the TFA sets due to almost all of them being so poorly designed compared to the on-screen counter-parts. However, the resistance transport does the vehicle justice and is one of my favourite sets to date

I got the resistance transport because of that 50% discount as well. Lego sent me an email informing about the offer and I couldn't resist. I don't really like the ship (or the movie) but it will be a cheap source of pieces.

20 hours ago, JPN366 said:

I got the U-Wing, U-Wing Microfighter, TIE Striker Microfighter, Rebel Battle Pack, Imperial Trooper Battle Pack, Yoda's Jedi Starfighter, Duel On Naboo, The Phantom 2.0 & Luke's Landspeeder.  Also getting the Assault On Hoth next week.  Needless to say it's my birthday next week.

I think Assault on Hoth may go on sale this May the Fourth.  I have absolutely no source for this, but it happened with the UCS B-Wing, and I'm only writing this because I have also been tempted to buy it, but I'm hoping for a discount later.  Otherwise, nice 2017 collection, and happy early birthday.  :wink:

16 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I think Assault on Hoth may go on sale this May the Fourth.  I have absolutely no source for this, but it happened with the UCS B-Wing, and I'm only writing this because I have also been tempted to buy it, but I'm hoping for a discount later.  Otherwise, nice 2017 collection, and happy early birthday.  :wink:

Thank you.  I've been waiting almost a year to get Hoth, so I asked for it for my birthday.  Also picked up the A-Wing today, but the 20% discount had ended.

I just got a lot of...

C-3PO poly bag

Storm Trooper Sargent  poly bag

Admiral Yularen poly bag

First Order special forces tie fighter poly bag 

First Order commander

Three Shadow Troopers 

Boba Fett keychain

Darth Vader key chain

Storm Trooper key chaain 

Greivous Bike (75040)

All for 75.50( 81.50 plus shipping):grin: