KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

15 hours ago, firefox said:

Nope,

There is no 1 store that is the cheapest on everything,

You really need to compare alot and buy on the moment of promotion.

Yeah, I know, and it's too bad, maily because of shipping which makes them suddenly not all that cheap :hmpf_bad:

Or I'd have to buy 10 of each to make shipping just 1 euro on each set, and resell those, but that doesn't seem a very good plan either, as reselling can sometimes take a while.

I have the best luck on ebay, just got the tie striker for £13 less than in stores with free shipping. Auctions with odd ending times, or being online shortly after a buy it now is listed are when the bargains are had most often. Stores are very hit and miss, but the occasional bargain can be had.

18 hours ago, Kimguroo said:

I asked one extra A-wing pilot but as always the store refused to sell one more extra T_T

Strange.  I was able to purchase one by itself for $4.99.  It doesn't seem that it is an issue with ringing through on the register.  Maybe the policy is one per customer, whether it's free or purchased. 

Honestly it depends on employees. when I checked out, the employee did not have any clue on A-wing pilot promotion.

she tried to give me other promotion lego set so I showed her pic of polybag and told her to check behind counter which usually they put promo polybags in small box. She found one but refused to sell extra.

actually I bought individual first general polybag a month ago when I directly went to customer service and asked for it.

On 28-10-2016 at 0:02 AM, TWP said:

Yeah, I know, and it's too bad, maily because of shipping which makes them suddenly not all that cheap :hmpf_bad:

Or I'd have to buy 10 of each to make shipping just 1 euro on each set, and resell those, but that doesn't seem a very good plan either, as reselling can sometimes take a while.

That said i just noticed toysRus.nl us has a sale, so i bought

a 75155 U wing there for 64€

and they even have 75098 hoth even cheaper now then what i paid, i knew i should have waited a week longer....

Edited by firefox

I could not resist getting another 75133. Mixing parts with the resistance battle pack really makes for a great and diverse line up of troops! Quite possible the best battle pack of 2016 hands down. 

30651947955_2cd2fc84d0_z.jpgPA302378 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

Edited by Japanbuilder

TRU Australia just started offering price matching, so I picked up the U-wing for Big W's current sale price of $88 (from $120). Same price they currently have the TIE striker for, lol (which I also picked up) Pretty good considering it only came out a month ago. Still not sure if I like it though. Also picked up K-2SO, the only constraction figure so far that's not just a simple skeleton with shells on it.

Edited by Magmafrost

On 29-10-2016 at 9:34 AM, firefox said:

That said i just noticed toysRus.nl us has a sale, so i bought

a 75155 U wing there for 64€

and they even have 75098 hoth even cheaper now then what i paid, i knew i should have waited a week longer....

Ah, thanks. Every star wars set seems 20% off indeed. Not the best deal ever still though, and the bad thing is it can't be combined with "Top deals" and the current sunday promotion sadly :/

1 hour ago, firefox said:

yes it can be combined, you just need to pick 3 products for the 10% extra discount

Ah thanks.

Somehow, when picking 3 products, it only gives me 18% discount for some reason :hmpf_bad:

6 hours ago, firefox said:

yes it can be combined, you just need to pick 3 products for the 10% extra discount

Thanks for the heads up, you made me buy:

U-wing

Tie Striker

AT-ST

Imperial hovertank

and to top it off, UCS Slave I

Now I'm poor again, thanks a lot :grin:

not to mention i would have bought the sandcrawler if they'd have that xD

Edited by TWP

4 hours ago, TWP said:

Ah thanks.

Somehow, when picking 3 products, it only gives me 18% discount for some reason :hmpf_bad:

That's strange. Thanks to you guys I finally decided to get Assault on Hoth.

I bought the set and two of those paper birthday "trumpets" for €1,50 (cheapest product on their website). Got 30% off because of the double promo (20% for Star Wars, 10% for buying 3 products on Sunday) which made the set €185 instead of €260. Great deal and now I can even celebrate getting the set by using those trumpets :P.

3 hours ago, bountybossk said:

That's strange. Thanks to you guys I finally decided to get Assault on Hoth.

I bought the set and two of those paper birthday "trumpets" for €1,50 (cheapest product on their website). Got 30% off because of the double promo (20% for Star Wars, 10% for buying 3 products on Sunday) which made the set €185 instead of €260. Great deal and now I can even celebrate getting the set by using those trumpets :P.

Congratz on buying the set and have fun with your trumpets :grin:

I bought the Assault on Hoth for 200 back when it was just a few weeks out, which I thought was an unbeatable deal, but sadly have been proven other wise multiple times. Either way, I do enjoy the set c:

I wonder, why did you buy those trumpets instead of some other SW sets? The 28% off is still a very good deal for them.

I also figured out why they gave me 18% at first. I knew it was 20% and then 10% over remaining total, but perhaps their site let not process it correctly that way. 20%+10% off results in a total of 28% off. But instead of displaying it as first 20% off and then 10% over the remaining they calculated 18% off the individual star wars sets and then 10% discount on the total amount which it would have been if there was no 20% off on star wars, while still displaying the grand total with star wars discount. Confusing. I don't expect any of you can follow my above reasoning because of my weird formulation, but it works out, I promise :laugh:

Just made out like a bandit. My local grocery store sells lego and they were running a special where if you spent 100 on toys you got 20 off. Krennics shuttle was marked down to 71.99 so I added the hover tank for 29.99 which brought my total to 101.98 then 20 off down to 81.98 then I had an 11 dollar reward coupon and 5 off any lego purchases over 50 so grand total 65.98 for krennics shuttle and the hover tank.

1 hour ago, Irish437 said:
Just made out like a bandit. My local grocery store sells lego and they were running a special where if you spent 100 on toys you got 20 off. Krennics shuttle was marked down to 71.99 so I added the hover tank for 29.99 which brought my total to 101.98 then 20 off down to 81.98 then I had an 11 dollar reward coupon and 5 off any lego purchases over 50 so grand total 65.98 for krennics shuttle and the hover tank.

Wow, that's a great deal. Exactly where is that grocery store? :P

Wish I could find that good deals...

5 hours ago, frikandeloorlog said:

Just bought the Resistance Troop Transporter, I want to use it in one of my next videos.

Hands down one of my favourite sets this year. Thing is beast! And you can actually swoosh it unlike the FO one. with good placement you can get quite a number of guys in there with equipment in their hands. Great set. 

13 hours ago, TWP said:

I wonder, why did you buy those trumpets instead of some other SW sets? The 28% off is still a very good deal for them.

Valid question and yes, a great deal. However, I bought all Rogue One sets on Rogue Friday (drove to the store in Oberhausen) and had no other wishes for sets. Just wanted to get 75098 as cheap as possible. 

I have completed the Rogue One protagonists and finally got a discounted X-Wing!