Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike (Miniland-scale)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

speeder_bike1.jpg

speeder_bike_2.jpg

I spent 2 weeks trying to get this as accurate as possible!

speeder_bike_3.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time getting the fig to look right, as well.

speeder_bike_4.jpg

Scout Trooper takes "Li'l Scouty" out on patrol!

As always, you can check out the full gallery here: My link

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

This is great, Mood! It's not quite Miniland scale, I think, we should call it Mood-scale, since your articulated frame defines it. :grin: Nitpick from me would be that the visor of the scout's helmet doesn't extend to the sides.

This is great, Mood! It's not quite Miniland scale, I think, we should call it Mood-scale, since your articulated frame defines it. :grin: Nitpick from me would be that the visor of the scout's helmet doesn't extend to the sides.

Thanks, Doc! When I started on the Scout's helmet, I did try several different techniques to get the visor to look right, but everything I tried made the head look too wide, so I had to use the scaled-down version you see.

Thanks, Doc! When I started on the Scout's helmet, I did try several different techniques to get the visor to look right, but everything I tried made the head look too wide, so I had to use the scaled-down version you see.

What about two more of the white neck brackets on top of the front edge of the 2 x 3 white plate? Since you already used those in the helmet, you won't make the head any wider.

This is well done! It's a great scale we don't see enough of!

Love the tiny gun the scout is holding! :laugh:

Very nice M<0><0<DSWIM, a very good size vs. detail ratio. The trooper is the best thing about it, but the speeder isn’t bad either, I like how you did the peddles :thumbup:.

Another excellent creation Mood! Nice to see this up-scaled version as it affords the proper positioning of the scout-trooper in the 74-Z. Great job as always! :thumbup:

This looks great. Not only the speeder is well built, but I love the scout trooper. The shape looks spot on and next to LEGOs, you can really see the flaws of their version.

Great job :thumbup:

Awesome creation! I also spotted this MOC on MOCpages where I commented on. :classic:

The Scout Trooper seems very moveable, which is great. The speeder looks nice too. What about a Luke and Leia riding another bike in a nice chase scene?

Edited by Hollander

Awesome creation! I also spotted this MOC on MOCpages where I commented on. :classic:

The Scout Trooper seems very moveable, which is great. The speeder looks nice too. What about a Luke and Leia riding another bike in a nice chase scene?

Thanks! I originally planned on having a moc of the whole chase scene, but getting this part built (torn apart, rebuilt, rebuilt, etc) was hard enough!