Captain Zuloo

Canberra Brick Expo 2011

HeaderText-450.png

What is it?

Brick Expo is an entertaining and interesting exhibition of rare and unique LEGO® creations by interstate and local collectors and modellers.

Hundreds of static, moving and robotic models in themes including: Star Wars™, Trains, Planes, Space Ships, Racing Cars, Monuments and Sculptures.

When is it?

10:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday 6th August 2011

10:00am to 4:00pm, Sunday 7th August 2011

Where is it?

Corinna Ballroom

Canberra Southern Cross Club - Woden

92-96 Corinna Street Phillip ACT 2606

VIP Cocktail Party

Do you want to see all the fantastic exhibits at Brick Expo without the crowds, queues and carnival of the day?

Do you like to dress smart and make it an occasion when going out?

Then come to the Brick Expo VIP Cocktail Party

• Light supper and refreshments served
  • Full bar access
  • Limited tickets $35 available from the club reception (02) 6283 7200

LEGO® expert guest speakers:

6:30 - 9:30pm Saturday 6th August 2011

Corinna Ballroom, Canberra Southern Cross Club - Woden

Limited exhibitor places are still available. Please visit www.BrickExpo.com.au for details or ask any questions in this thread.

Have the applications been processed yet Connor? Looks like we have a couple of great speakers for Saturday night too!

Yeah, applications are almost done. You'll be hearing from us in the next few days.

I'm very much looking forward to the VIP Cocktail Party, we were indeed lucky to get such a presentation lineup for this event. :classic:

I'm really looking forward to my first BrickExpo. Excellent speakers.

OMG !

I know what to ask my wife for my birthday on the 6th of August (how handy eh ? :grin: ), a trip to Canberra for the weekend ! :laugh:

The only thing holding me back will be the lack of cash.....I'll have to wait and see. :blush:

• Light supper and refreshments served
  • Full bar access
  • Limited tickets $35 available from the club reception (02) 6283 7200

LEGO® expert guest speakers:

Do we get info on the night function in the registration pack or are we supposed to ring the number above and register if we want to go?

DrRod

Do we get info on the night function in the registration pack or are we supposed to ring the number above and register if we want to go?

DrRod

We're almost finished the acceptance letters/expo info packs which you'll be recieving soon - in them you'll find that exhibitors get into the VIP night free - and why shouldn't they, Brick Expo is all about the exhibitors!

We're almost finished the acceptance letters/expo info packs which you'll be recieving soon - in them you'll find that exhibitors get into the VIP night free - and why shouldn't they, Brick Expo is all about the exhibitors!

Cool!! Sounds good CptZuloo. If only someone would come and sort my Legoratory so I can get building :) One display is all boxed up ready to go...

DrRod

Good stuff.

For those that didn't go last year , the turnout was massive. I'd never seen a line like that at a small Canberra event.

Sounds great, I'll be doing my best to get down there, I think maybe a work trip to Canberra is due about that time :wink:

What is the deal with exhibitors, is it just showing off MOCS etc or is there some who have a sales table set up, for exclusives & hard to find set etc?

What is the deal with exhibitors, is it just showing off MOCS etc or is there some who have a sales table set up, for exclusives & hard to find set etc?

There are several AFOLs from around the country who are displaying MOCs and layouts for people to see. We also have vendors Bricks to the World and Little Sprout coming to sell official LEGO sets, both recent and rare.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

<br>There are several AFOLs from around the country who are displaying MOCs and layouts for people to see. We also have vendors <i>Bricks to the World</i> and <i>Little Sprout</i> coming to sell official LEGO sets, both recent and rare.<br>

HTML?

<br>HTML?<br>
<br>Unintentionally done - I pressed Ctrl + I and for whatever reason it posted HTML. Good stuff ayye? Bloody BBCode!<br>

EDIT: Look at this post - there's something odd going on!

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Looking forward to it cant believe its coming up so quick tho. Still got half a mountain to build lol.

Looking forward to it cant believe its coming up so quick tho. Still got half a mountain to build lol.

:laugh: Yeah, I have a lot to build too. This weekend I did re-organise my LEGO so when I do get around to building it'll be faster!

Accommodation booked :thumbup:

VIP ticket booked :thumbup:

Family excited and ready to go :thumbup:

My first ever Lego event....I'm so happy and excited :cry_happy: See you all there (I'll be the one in the MMCB Capes shirt on Saturday and Sunday :wink: )

Accommodation booked :thumbup:

VIP ticket booked :thumbup:

Family excited and ready to go :thumbup:

My first ever Lego event....I'm so happy and excited :cry_happy: See you all there (I'll be the one in the MMCB Capes shirt on Saturday and Sunday :wink: )

VIP means you'll be going to the 6:30pm evening session not the normal day time one right?

I'll be going to both :grin: The evening session will be just me so that I can meet everyone see the presentations/speeches. But I'll be taking the wife and kids on both Saturday and Sunday to look at everything.

I'll be going to both :grin: The evening session will be just me so that I can meet everyone see the presentations/speeches. But I'll be taking the wife and kids on both Saturday and Sunday to look at everything.

That's the spirit! Looking forward to seeing you there. :)

You make it sound like it's a massive event where 1 day is not sufficient enough to look at all the displays. hehehe. Do we really need 2 whole days to look at the displays there? LOL I been to things like the Tutankhamun in Melb Museum and Starwars in PowerHouse Museum, and other events in Art Galleries, and you go through the whole thing in a couple of hours max. Unless you are just going to look at the same display again the next day?

What a guy can't get excited :blush: Depending on how busy it is on the Saturday, I'm keeping Sunday available just in case the kids miss out on something on the Saturday, or if they want to go back in again to have another look around. It's the first Lego event we've been too, so their super excited (as am I).

You make it sound like it's a massive event where 1 day is not sufficient enough to look at all the displays.

We have quite a variety of displays this year, and a very big room full of them. While some people may find a couple of hours enough to look at everything, others may not. A real AFOL will spend hours looking at one MOC and talking to the person who built it - let alone getting through an entire exhibition in that time!

I'm still on the fence guys, like LT it falls on my bday (30th).

Where are you guys shacking down ? is there a hotel near by with reasonable rates (that's not booked out yetdefault_laugh_new.gif )

Can I still get in the VIP evening or am I too late? This could be a deal breaker.

Is there still openings for displays, can I add to a display? (with permission of cause )

I know I've left this till the last minute.

Cheers in advance.....Hope to see you all there.default_blink.gif

EDIT: I gave the event some exposure on ABC Hobart radio on Sunday the 19th during an interview on the "AFOL movement".default_thumbup.gif

EDIT : I'm coming but still need to work out Accommodation, No real biggy but if someone is looking for a room mate to cut the expense let me know.

Edited by Whiz

I'm still on the fence guys, like LT it falls on my bday (30th).

Couldn't think of a better way to spend it!

Where are you guys shacking down ? is there a hotel near by with reasonable rates (that's not booked out yetdefault_laugh_new.gif )

Can I still get in the VIP evening or am I too late? This could be a deal breaker.

The nearest hotel to the Brick Expo venue is the Quality Hotel Woden. There are still tickets to the VIP evening available. ;)

Is there still openings for displays, can I add to a display? (with permission of cause )

I know I've left this till the last minute.

Depending on the size of what you want to bring we can possibly make it work. We have pretty much filled up the room, but there are still spaces left on the misc. tables. So if you have a table scrap or two, we'd love to hear from you: brickexpo[at]gmail.com

Cheers in advance.....Hope to see you all there.default_blink.gif

Looking forward to seeing you too!