Sebeus I

[MOC] Trading Ship

thindexedgif.gif 104D

When I saw Darth yogi's WIP Schooner I was reminded of the fact that you don't need hull shaped pieces to build a ship.

I tend to forget that sometimes.

So I did some costum hull building myself, I started small and this is the first result.

I think the pictures speak for themselves.

(As usual more pictures on mocpages, useful for when brickshelf is down pirate_wink.gif )

1306573259m_DISPLAY.jpg

dsc02943.jpg

dsc02945.jpg

dsc02937.jpg

dsc02956.jpg

dsc02964.jpg

dsc02970.jpg

Comparison to Din's Fire (which is btw still in need of a proper sail plan):

dsc02976.jpg

dsc02978.jpg

And finally; Building Instructions (right click, save as)

Excellent! Just saw this on flickr too :thumbup: That hull technique looks very good on smaller ships, and you still managed to cram a lot of detail into it. The fishing rod for the spanker boom is clever too. Where did the pearl gold fish on the stern come from? Dont know if Ive seen that piece before, very nice though. I think I will use this technique to make longboats for my ship of the line if you don't mind (or Darth yogi for that matter), good work!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Nice work on the hull and the many details you included in this little ship.

Maybe it's time for another small ship contest.

The pearl gold fish came from the set 7985 City of Atlantis, I think that is the only set that has them in pearl gold.

btw, the special pearl gold piece I used on the tiller was also from that set.

Outstanding, especially the hull is really amazing.

I also like the little details like the gold parts.

Nice small trading vessel. :thumbup:

lovely and wonderful design!

I love the lots of details, the golden fishes on the back, very good design of the hull, great colors.

Even the robin hood hat is nice :thumbup:

Very nice ship. You did a good job on the custom hull, the stern, the rudder beam(?) and the rest :thumbup:

But especially the shape of the hull is excellent, and the whole ship is just very original.

Keep it up :pirate:

Very nice ship, and the hull looks very nice with it being brickbuilt., glad to have inspired you to do this :pir-sweet:

Great job :thumbup:

dsc02956.jpg

It looks like a younger version of Redbeard before he came on board the Dark Shark. Great ship, though. However, I would feel unlucky being next to that other vessel. :pir-oh:

Excellent build, I love the smaller ships most of all because they are so rare in the LEGO World (we got one with the trading post, one for a castle set and one for the oriental expidition). the brick built hull is fantastic and I love the back of the ship too, just a really well designered build.

:thumbup:

This is exactly the kind of ship I would like to see involved into the haven guard project. LEGOish, detailed and with a dutch-like design.

This is exactly the kind of ship I would like to see involved into the haven guard project. LEGOish, detailed and with a dutch-like design.

Thanks, I would like to see some new imperial trading post-style vessels,

I dug up the old LDD file, got the original at hand and finished the ship.

New Building instructions can be downloaded here(right click, 'save as' ).

There seems to be a building error in the lxf file but I can promise there's no conflict at all when built in real bricks, have fun.

Oh, I must add that this little ship underwent some slight changes over the years.

Edited by Sebeus I

This is still one of the coolest little boats out there.  The links to the LXF files don't seem to be working (considering they are 7 years old now!).  Does anyone (Sebeus) still have access to this file they could share?

thanks in advance, everyone!

22 hours ago, Olivesaxer said:

This is still one of the coolest little boats out there.  The links to the LXF files don't seem to be working (considering they are 7 years old now!).  Does anyone (Sebeus) still have access to this file they could share?

thanks in advance, everyone!

Thank you,

Alas, I no longer seem to have the LDD file. It was originally uploaded on mocpages but since that website went down the files were lost.

I do still have the MOC although I can't remember where I've put it.