-R8-

Brickfair 2011

I got back home this morning, after spending a few more days in the DC area. What an amazing event! It was nice to put faces to people that I've come to know on-line, both through flickr and EB, and to see the awesome models on display. I'm also well chuffed that I won an award. 6022248921_2216a61e01.jpg

BrickFair 2011 by Legosim, on Flickr.

Since I flew in and there wasn't all that much space in my suitcase to start with, I had to restrain myself from buying too much.

I want to Tyson's corner on Wednesday and bought a Mearsk container ship, Maersk train, a large PAB cup and an issue of Brickjournal. Minus the discount and minus $20 I had on my VIP card it cost about $170, which was a very good deal IMO.

Cheers,

Ralph

I got back home this morning, after spending a few more days in the DC area. What an amazing event! It was nice to put faces to people that I've come to know on-line, both through flickr and EB, and to see the awesome models on display. I'm also well chuffed that I won an award.

Since I flew in and there wasn't all that much space in my suitcase to start with, I had to restrain myself from buying too much.

I want to Tyson's corner on Wednesday and bought a Mearsk container ship, Maersk train, a large PAB cup and an issue of Brickjournal. Minus the discount and minus $20 I had on my VIP card it cost about $170, which was a very good deal IMO.

Cheers,

Ralph

It was great to meet you Ralph! BrickFair is a busy event but I really enjoyed getting to know you. I thought that we had a fun group to hang out with all weekend. The award was well earned. Your jet is an amazing build and I am glad you brought it to show off. I hope you return next year!

If anyone has pics of me with the arrows on my body, I'll take them off your hands. :P

-Omi

It was great to meet you Ralph! BrickFair is a busy event but I really enjoyed getting to know you. I thought that we had a fun group to hang out with all weekend. The award was well earned. Your jet is an amazing build and I am glad you brought it to show off. I hope you return next year!

It was very nice to meet you too and to see the detail of your wonderful adventurers themed models. Congrats on your awards for the microscale space category / best little thing. Well deserved too. It was awesome.

I had such a blast this year that if I can, I will come again next year. I've already been thinking about what to bring. The fire theme offers some nice possibilities for my existing fire fighting vehicles. Add one or two of my military MOCs and my suitcase will be full.

Cheers,

Ralph