Sign in to follow this  
legomilk

New set 10177

...wow...I never thought that my sour, jaded self would be the positive one deino.gif

I really like it. A UCS Boeing 787...that's awesome!

I'll have something huge and non-Star Wars to assemble later this year now that it looks like Megabloks has decided to practicly abandon the Pro-Builder series.

Now that I think of it...I'm glad the rest of you seem to hate it...just ensures it'll be in stock when I go to order it :-P

Thank you LEGO...I still love you even if nobody else does deino.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. The only thing that might stop me getting it is its size - I don't think I've got space for something that big.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. The only thing that might stop me getting it is its size - I don't think I've got space for something that big.

hell I know I don't have room for it, but that's never stopped me before X-D

Lego gives us a big passenger plane with big pieces that make an airplane look smooth and aerodynamic and you people complain that about "Juniorization", now Lego has given us a big passenger plane with small, basic pieces and fixed what you wanted fixed in the first passenger plane, and you still complain, you say it looks blocky and ugly. What do you people expect?

We want a happy middle ground.

OK.. interesting discussion here... but I have a feeling that either this is a) a hoax... which, without firm proof on Lego's S@H website seems likely, or similar to the Maersk Sealine boat last year - simply a promotional item for Boing employees to give away. This set, quite frankly, isn't going for general release - it'll be for collector's (if it turns out to be real)

Legofan.org is as close to TLC as you can get without being employed by TLC. They are pretty much a mouthpiece for TLC. If it's there, indicated as a set for retail sale, chances are it's for real (unless someone hacked into Legofan - which given their computer problems in the last few months is of course sadly possible :-(

I'm a huge fan of Boeing and I will get this set when it comes out on S@H. Likely they designed this for Boeing's employees and will release it on S@H for the public to buy, just like the Maersk Sealand. That very well may explain why they aren't offering the Sealand anymore, because the new sculpture model is about to be released.

Does anybody know how it would swoosh compared to the new ISD ;-) ?

I

I am actually looking forward to this set. Although I feel it is a terrible design (particularily bad in the nose cone area and engines) it is so nice to see lego make a UCS model that is NOT star wars related.

I think its looks decent. Certainly not the best model, but still pretty nice looking...

Steve

I like it. I also like that they've started making large NON Star Wars sculptures of vehicles. Maybe in the future, this will lead to more interesting things.

And I agree... lighten up, people.

I dislike this set. I don't like the UCS sets in general but I have to admit that it is a good think that there is not only SW UCS models. I probably prefer a A380, the bigger passenger, instead of an american one. classic trains have an american look, and now plane! European have alsow beautiful think to build (I dream on an Effel tower UCS...). I have nothing again the americans, it would be great that TLC makes sets with different area inspiration...

(I dream on an Effel tower UCS...).

At least they wouldn't have problems with "curves" on that one...

The 787 set is official and will be on Shop at Home. The pictures were given to LEGOfan.org by LEGO. I can look into whether the set was requested by Boeing and then became a set. In the past few years, LEGO Direct has made Maersk and Burlington Northern Santa Fe models available to the public.

Ben Ellermann

LEGO Ambassador

P.S. I like the model and think it captures the overall shape and color scheme of the plane. The nose should be worked on. I am also glad that there is a another airplane sculpture as I collect these and build my own. Other models like the Spirit of Saint Louis would be nice. Maybe a Spruce Goose model... /jk

i agree with most that it is very shoddy work. we have seen better mocs on brickshelf. and don't tell me it is not possible to make smooth planes. you can certainly do something about the fuselage if not the nose. like those curved pieces from set 7706 used for the missile barrage.

if the us airforce were to commission lego to make a f15 model will we get to buy one? :-P

i understand the policy of not making war toys but how about a concord? certainly that is sexier than a boeing.

and eu is not the largest market :-P usa is. that's why we get super bargain price. :-D

and eu is not the largest market :-P usa is. that's why we get super bargain price. :-D

why do you americans always think you've got the biggest? :-P

if you check the annual reports, you'll see europe takes 58%, US+Canada 29%; Belgium, for instance, buys 2 million lego sets every year, not bad for a population of only 10 million people...

in fact, that's one of the reasons that I, as a european, think Lego is leaning too much toward the US market/US culture...

It's not bad but it looks like a space shuttle. ( *n* ) Now I want the CITY plane even more :-/

XWingYoda, I wait pics from Eiffel Tower with pleasur! Thanks in advance!

i never actually liked any lego sculptures. none of the ferrari cars look decent enough to buy. i prefer to buy tamiya models if i wanted actual replica of the real thing.

I thought the ferrari car were preety cool. My favorite though (and one of my all time favorites) is the Ferrari Sceudara transport truck. (sorry, i know i spelt that wrong)

One of the best look sets lego ever made.

i never actually liked any lego sculptures. none of the ferrari cars look decent enough to buy. i prefer to buy tamiya models if i wanted actual replica of the real thing.

I thought the ferrari car were preety cool. My favorite though (and one of my all time favorites) is the Ferrari Sceudara transport truck. (sorry, i know i spelt that wrong)

One of the best look sets lego ever made.

Was that a sculpture?? Didn't know that. Sculpture or not, I agree it was totally excellent. This and the Building Bonanza were the best sets of 2005 IMHO

I built the dragon from spare parts this year, and found it quite excellent too. Yoda and Darth Maul never appealed, and I never tried them. I have the Statue of Liberty, and it is so so. I'll probably sell it fairly soon.

Was that a sculpture?? Didn't know that.

I wasn't, it was an oversized minifig model.

I have the Statue of Liberty, and it is so so. I'll probably sell it fairly soon.

Uh... err... *cough*... errrm... hehe... you know... I... uh... *ahem*... I'd... well... I've always liked Canada, you know...

Was that a sculpture?? Didn't know that.

I wasn't, it was an oversized minifig model.

I have the Statue of Liberty, and it is so so. I'll probably sell it fairly soon.

Uh... err... *cough*... errrm... hehe... you know... I... uh... *ahem*... I'd... well... I've always liked Canada, you know...

LOL :-D

Well, tell ya what, I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it from Bricklink, and it will be a lot cleaner when you get it than when I got it. My 2 hours of cleaning thrown in for free!

Instructions intact, but hole punched and an "x" on each page (the previous user put an X on each page to show he had completed it), no box.

I will also gladly make it part or all of a trade it for any of a variety of MISB classic sets, including 6080 (King's Castle - i'd do that as a 1:1 trade), 8862, some of the Forestmen sets, some of the Paradisa sets, etc etc. But only for MISBies, though. I have all these sets in opened condition, but the best of the best I want to have MISB to display around my office, like trophies.

G

But only for MISBies, though. I have all these sets in opened condition, but the best of the best I want to have MISB to display around my office, like trophies.

umm, what are your colleagues' reaction when they see a grown man (or manager) with kid toys in the office? 8-|

LOL, I AM the boss.

I have a work office and home office.

My work office is not insane with Lego. Usually a few sets, which I turn over every year or two. Lego minifigs stuck to my PC, a couple of cars and the Knight bus promo sitting on my desk. I had a bunch of Bohrok perched in odd positions all over the place, but I kept knocking them over, so eventually I brought them home.

Visitors are usually amused and play with my Dragon Fortress or Pneumatic. What they say behind my back I have no idea. I am known for being slighty offbeat though - I doubt the Lego makes my reputation any worse than it is.

At home, my office is insane. Covered with Lego. I can't find anything on my bookshelves because Lego boxes are everywhere.

Oh, and WHAT KIDS TOY were you talking about? :-D

G