highlandcattle

Let's talk about: Divers!

Sweet idea Jinzo ;-)

The only thing that "annoys" me in your diagram is the ocean bottom bed: is it a blue plate hehe !!

I really think that bottom beds should be a large combination of colours to make it lively and entertaining with 3 large colour dominant: brown and green:

* Brown: mix of old and new, and loads of tan where the ocean is not that deep

* Green: normal, light, lime and all other green patterns hehe

* Grey for Rocks

Now where to get that trans baseplate (or trans light blue even better hehe) ?

*yoda*

I have rebuilt my 6559 this morning just before to go to work (it's dangerous, it's a good way to forget the time :-D ). So I wait your review Hobbes to see what you will say about this set. For my part, I have some additionnal animals like a seastar, a krab and a shell which came from the belleville line. It gives it a more undersea feeling...

Something like Jinzo suggested I'm currently working on. The "structure" isn't LEGO, though, cos I don't have that many plates and bricks. I'm using the "lower level" of my layout tables, as you can see here (front left corner, and never mind that Designer Pod there). The top plate I'll exchange for something translucent (dunno what yet, just not glass, more like translucent plastic, maybe with a blue "tint") and the track will move back, of course.

Now where to get that trans baseplate (or trans light blue even better hehe) ?

*yoda*

I know, I know... it's a very rough diagram.

And Lego would have to make the trans blue baseplate. :-P

Oh well, at least the underground cavern idea is currently do-able.

I think your idea is good ! But I also think that kids wouldn't requier such complicate dioramas to have fun lol. I'm pretty sure it's an adult thing.

Still, I like the idea of trans blue baseplates a lot. I'd also love to see a baseplate that has a standard plate height *y*

I just see today that in France the Cousteau series will be re-released!

Yes, this made me laugh a lot lol Anyway, this topic has never been so actual with the new lego diving line !

Well actually it will most likely be :-D But well, there were some good stuff with alpha team.

Alpha Team was the old theme that brought "action" in Lego yeayyyy Horrible heads and vehicle designs(except that cool small sub directly stolen from the great Divers line :-P )

And that new Aqua Raiders will push that even way further hehe. Either its a fantastic line, or a real junk that will stay a year and exit !!

*yoda*

well, the set 4888 underwater odessey was a success i think (since it was sold out)...so if the designers are the same maybe we will see good models being churned out for 2007. as a comparison, wild hunters and building bonanza are still on the shelf...my take is that 4888 was much better than the others. (the opposite can also be true...ie, 4888 was so sucky they discontinued it).

And that new Aqua Raiders will push that even way further hehe. Either its a fantastic line, or a real junk that will stay a year and exit !!

That sums it up pretty well. The name in light of the old theme doesn't excite me, but some set names do sound interesting. So, again we wait in anticipation for a new year - same procedure as every year, James ;-)

well, the set 4888 underwater odessey was a success i think (since it was sold out)...so if the designers are the same maybe we will see good models being churned out for 2007. as a comparison, wild hunters and building bonanza are still on the shelf...my take is that 4888 was much better than the others. (the opposite can also be true...ie, 4888 was so sucky they discontinued it).

I like 4888 and bought two sets. The models (sub and underwaterstation) aren't exactly MF scale but are easily modifiable and IMHO blend in very well with the old "Divers" subs - which I will do.

I think Wild Hunters and Building Bonanza both are successful (Building Bonanza sure is, you see it in layouts on brickshelf everywhere). Why 4888 wasn't continued I can't say. I liked it and most likely will buy a third set if I find it on sale somewhere :-)

well the problem is that lego seems to think that they can only have MF-themes when they're completely messed up by catapults, weird masks or any other element that inspire action; that is why many pirate fans hope they'll never see a new pirate line; why western fans never hope to see a new western theme,...

so if lego is using 4888 creator sets as a base, it will only just be that: a base. Let's, btw , also hope we get great looking mf-heads, not the stuff we're getting in exo force

anyway, i'm hoping we'll get to see something at the Berlin convention this weekend

anyway, i'm hoping we'll get to see something at the Berlin convention this weekend

Slightly OT: I wanted to go first, but then decided not to. Now I'm a bit "frustrated" after I read that J

Slightly OT: I wanted to go first, but then decided not to. Now I'm a bit "frustrated" after I read that J

Well don't worry, this year, EB's event will take outclass 1000 steine one : Arrival at the studtgart airport in private jet, a hummer will take the participants to the theme parc. Distribution of free sets for all and minifig scale deathstar sculpture will be given to the winner of the annual lotery by Pamela Anderson.

What ? :-P

Well don't worry, this year, EB's event will take outclass 1000 steine one : Arrival at the studtgart airport in private jet, a hummer will take the participants to the theme parc. Distribution of free sets for all and minifig scale deathstar sculpture will be given to the winner of the annual lotery by Pamela Anderson.

Just a comment, I wish that it will be Beyonc

She will be there too. But that was close, we were fully booked so she had to pay a high price for her ticket.

OK, I believed you, but bringing up the Anderson* chick blew your scam :-P

* You can lure me with a lot of things, just not her... or that hotel chick...

Well apparently the designer of the Aqua Raiders is brand new, and this will be his first line. So it could be great, it could be terrible, we don't know ;-)

OK, I believed you, but bringing up the Anderson* chick blew your scam :-P

* You can lure me with a lot of things, just not her... or that hotel chick...

Well I tried to appeal all the really old EB fellows who were lurking PA when they were teenagers. Now, I'm not a particular fan of the actual pop culture so I don't know the names of today's most wanted chicks.