Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

Swingers party!

-1 for false advertising

+1 for the actual MOC, though :pir_laugh2:

Needs another background, though. Maybe black, then play with some colored lightning?

All in all, a solid, lively, fun little MOC.

What exactly are the two sailors in the bottom left doing? Is the left one feeding fish to a drunkard who is lying on teh table? :pir_wacko:

Looks like a really fun party. I'll be heading over soon after work! Just hope I don't get whacked with a fish.

-1 for false advertising

+1 for the actual MOC, though :pir_laugh2:

Needs another background, though.

Nice :pirate_skel1:

The background is white for a reason. :pir-vader:

-1 for false advertising

Your not the only one put out, just look at miss Swans expression of disappointment at the lame "swingers" party. pir_mad.gif

What exactly are the two sailors in the bottom left doing? Is the left one feeding fish to a drunkard who is lying on teh table? pir_wacko.gif

Not sure what's going on there.... looks a bit fishy to me.

TazManiac, you've certainly captured the rowdiness and mayhem of piratical feztivities in this creation of yours.

But I'm wondering about the lighting... The upper right looks a bit washed out - did you use natural lighting?

Excellent....no it's AWESOME 'Taz'.....I guess he's just hanging around ! :pir_laugh2:

Keep on drinking that RUM ! :pir_laugh2:

Cheers for the kind words guys. pirate_blush.gif

snip

But I'm wondering about the lighting... The upper right looks a bit washed out - did you use natural lighting?

I've used both the flash and natural light, otherwise the photos come out grainy when using just one light source.

My camera is a point and click and the steps between exposure are huge, so it's a choice between under or over exposure. With studio lights or lamps I could do a lot better even with my lame camera but these are things I don't have access to.

Any one that wants to send me a DSLR just PM me.pirate_laugh2.gif

Just noticed how you used a dark blue plume to simulate a spilled drink below the table. Cool!

Great little MOC :thumbup: I like how you did the stairs, and there are enough things/details to look at.

I thought pirates mostly drank rum, but these guys seem to drink some very strange things :pir-classic:

Man I got my hopes up! Then I realized its a little odd to want to see a LEGO swingers party :pir_laugh2: Great job on a rowdy little scene packed with movement. The picture quality has already been commented on, so wont add to that.

snip I thought pirates mostly drank rum, but these guys seem to drink some very strange things pirate_classic.gif

Absinthe! not the most common pirate drink but a nice change. Nothing messes you up like absinthe.

The picture quality has already been commented on, so wont add to that.

All my MOCs suffer this sad fate....if only you could see them in real life or through a good lens I'm sure they would be far more enjoyable to view......I might need to stop buying LEGO for a while and invest in a good DSLR. It's amazing how much depth of field you loose through a crap camera.pirate_cry4.gif

Or is it just a bad crafts-man blaming his tools?pirate_look.gif

Absinthe! not the most common pirate drink but a nice change. Nothing messes you up like absinthe.

ha ha, great touch!

♫... You are the perfect drug, the perfect drug ♫

♫ the perfect drug, the perfect drug .... ♫

.......................:pir-tongue:............................

(10 points for guessing which song is)

again TAZ, nice MOC, great action

All my MOCs suffer this sad fate....if only you could see them in real life or through a good lens I'm sure they would be far more enjoyable to view......I might need to stop buying LEGO for a while and invest in a good DSLR. It's amazing how much depth of field you loose through a crap camera.pirate_cry4.gif

Or is it just a bad crafts-man blaming his tools?pirate_look.gif

There are a lot of things you can do to improve yr photography before you make the jump to a DSLR. Do you have a lightbox? Seriously, i can highly recommend them for photographing smaller MOC's, they help diffuse the light evenly and get rid of harsh shadows and glare. You can make them out of an old cardboard box, some white paper and some thin white cloth, so it's not expensive at all. Also, a couple of extra lamps would be a good investment - nothing fancy, just a couple of $15 cheapies from kmart or similar do the job. :pir-classic:

ps. Swinger's party! Oh you. :pir_laugh2: It's a great little scene.

@ Brig.Brick, A nine inch nails fan are we?

@ Gabe, I'll give it a shot (no pun intended). I did study photography a long time ago but that was with a real camera and a dark room, a lot more fun. I've got a really really good camera but it's not digital, So I won't need to buy new lenses when I get a DSLR.

Wow! That chandelier is really nice, big time! Your MOCs are getting better and better Taz.

Keep sharing :pir-wink:

Nice and funny MOC indeed!

I shall blog it soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Cheers for the kind words Ratshot and for the blog Dreamweb my next pirate vig should be up in the next day or two.pirate_devg1.gif

If only you could buy european absinthe in america. We only have the non-trippin kind. You have to order the good kind here and it's around two-hundred dollars a bottle. That's without overseas shipping.

If only you could buy european absinthe in america. We only have the non-trippin kind. You have to order the good kind here and it's around two-hundred dollars a bottle. That's without overseas shipping.

It was banned in Australia too for a while ( the stuff with "wormwood" in it ), but now you can get the good stuff here again. There is a guy in the blue mountains that brews to the legal maximum of Wormwood...... drink in moderation!! best served with sugar and flames!