Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Adventure Plane

5759190719_9f8cc18fff.jpg

This hardy plane can land anywhere in the desert and is often used by the local artifact hunters to spot possible sites. For a modest fee the pilot will willingly sell maps and arial photographs he has taken.

I am most pleased with the colour scheme of this MOC, Dark Tan is just such a yummy colour! I wanted to invoke a vintage feel with this one, slightly more down to earth and realistic than some of my other creations. The pilot has a Naboo Pilot torso on, a favourite of mine for both Steampunk and Dieselpulp.

It seems I have recently been sucked back into flight. I would say dreaming about flying, but we all know what Freud said abou that :laugh:

Excellent looking plane 'Peppermint_M', but two tiny little things, why does it have two wing mounted engines when the front nose mounted one would have a enough guts to take-off etc.,. :laugh:

Oh, sorry if I now sound picky.....the machine guns/cannon should be slung under the wing or stick over of the wings them selves. :wink:

Remove those little props and slide in the guns - bingo......true wind mounted guns ! :grin:

Brick On 'Peppermint_M'! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Very nice plane Peppermint M!

The fact that it can land anywhere made me fall over. :laugh:

I could agree about the side propellors though.

Great build! :thumbup:

I really like the color scheme of this one, the dark tan-brown combo does give the plane a vintage 'earthy' feel and it blends well with the sandy dessert surroundings. Very well done once again Pep! :thumbup:

Nice Pepper. Did you get the 3 propeller idea from the old Ford Tri-motor airplane?

Nice Pepper. Did you get the 3 propeller idea from the old Ford Tri-motor airplane?

Possibly? I have many books about aircraft and they all sort of stick on my brain and pop out when I build.

Hello!

Simply nice your plane! :classic: It's in a harmonic building style that would easily fit into any of the current and past adventure themes. I like the use of the modified plates for the exhaust and propeller holder. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I am most pleased with the colour scheme of this MOC, Dark Tan is just such a yummy colour!

agreed, the plane look nice, in shape and color :thumbup:

It seems I have recently been sucked back into flight. I would say dreaming about flying, but we all know what Freud said abou that :laugh:

I also found your post of the lancaster hurricane, and I rememberd some carzy but interesting airplanes made by the germans, the "Heikel Lerche" or Lark, with coleopter design. And the Blom & Vos, as an asymmetrical aircraft

... :wacko: ...

I bet you can use those designs as a source of ideas :laugh:

agreed, the plane look nice, in shape and color :thumbup:

I also found your post of the lancaster hurricane, and I rememberd some carzy but interesting airplanes made by the germans, the "Heikel Lerche" or Lark, with coleopter design. And the Blom & Vos, as an asymmetrical aircraft

... :wacko: ...

I bet you can use those designs as a source of ideas :laugh:

Love love love those aircraft! I will most certainly get to building things like that when I have some free time. Thanks for the links!

Love love love those aircraft! I will most certainly get to building things like that when I have some free time. Thanks for the links!

:laugh:, I knew you would like it :thumbup:, and there's a lot of crazy planes on the world war II

since now I tell you that I would like to see some of these mad designs made in lego, I know you could :grin:

Very nice! I must confess that I think it'd look better with a single prop; the front engine looks too huge in comparison.

Hello!

Simply nice your plane! :classic: It's in a harmonic building style that would easily fit into any of the current and past adventure themes. I like the use of the modified plates for the exhaust and propeller holder. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

BTW, congrats on making EBs 1 millionth post! :sweet:

Thanks for all the input chaps. I was thinking of giving it a bit of a tweak (to be honest the wing props were to stop the 2x4 plates that make the wings from seperating).

Who would have thought that the 1,000,000th post would have been made on a MOC by me :laugh:

If there's one thing I love about the adventures line its they're vintage aircraft and ground vehicles.

:wub:Dark tan is such a great color. I like the dark brown accents as well they give it a whole lot more character.

For some reason the only thing sticking out at me oddly is the landing gear. It seems too blocky but it might be just the angle of the photo.

A great moc, I can just imagine this thing doing a dog fight with Jake's Plane. Swoosh bam bam bam vroom kaboom.:tongue:

Chase

Edited by Chase Lego Hunter

Very nice! I must confess that I think it'd look better with a single prop; the front engine looks too huge in comparison.

BTW, congrats on making EBs 1 millionth post! :sweet:

Oh, thanks! :blush: I did not realise that when I commented on the nice plane. :classic:

Who would have thought that the 1,000,000th post would have been made on a MOC by me :laugh:

It mas a pleasure to me. :wink:

And I would be glad for more of these nice adventure creations. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

Of course, of course. My busy weeks of holiday and University work are behind me. Now for a summer of building!

Really great plane, Peppermint! I think it looks fantastic, and I'm a fan of the three props - makes it more unique and exciting! Though I always love anything Adventurers-esq, I'm in one of the phases again where I've got a particular soft spot for such a thing.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice plane. I love the feel and look of it. I owuld love to see another MOC with it flying over some ruins.

Keep up the good work. :sweet: