Sign in to follow this  
Horry

MOC: Small trimaran

I designed an old trimaran a couple of weeks ago to accompany my frigate. Since the comments for it mainly said: nice but would be a better ship for the town-section, I took the time to rebuild it to make it look more to my liking. Now I'd like to present my first MOC for town since I was a child:

This small trimaran is not so much for regattas but more for recreational activities. I did not smoothen the amas as I haven't got enough blue studless bricks. Additionally I have to say that there are neither rigging nor sails. As it is only a side-project I might decide to work a bit more on it but for now I consider it to be complete.

Comments and criticism appreciated!

5742586149_988dce7af9.jpg

New Hull von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

5743138270_c71ec22beb.jpg

New Main Deck von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

5743137844_76d55135b0.jpg

New Stern von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

5743137524_4ca6666e81.jpg

New Steering von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

Very nice trimaran Horry! I sailed one a few years

ago they are very shifty. The supports on the edge are really cool but maybe make

them a little thicker. The platform is also great with the figs and the steering system.

And one last idea, what about a interior? I know this is a side project but it could be a bit better.

Very fantastic build! :classic:

Now this is an original idea and it's a great SNOT job too ! :grin:

'Fuzzy' I not sure if an interior is possible, but anyway 'Horry' fantastic designing there and keep on sailing ! :grin:

Thank you all very much! A interior would be difficult and I left it out on purpose as those vessels are more for short trips. But now that you mentioned it I will try to do one anyway. :sweet:

Thanks for all the kind comments! I've proven two things now. The first thing is: bricks CAN float - and rather nicely. The second one: There's room for a small cabin. I added a sliding hatch to access it. Inside, there's room to store stuff and a little light.

5754684217_09c16430b5_z.jpg

swimming von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

5755230068_a8ac42a905_z.jpg

cabin von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

5755230434_4ce8cc4bbc_z.jpg

cabin closed von HMSCentaur auf Flickr