22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

When i went to the mall of america store, they had wrenches, binoculars, and shovels for tools. Kinda pathetic!

Check this out - this was at the Discovery Centre in Manchester.

img_4179.jpg

Thanks for that picture, SilentMode. I wonder if the selection is good though? I also notice that on the sign it says head+body+legs. No mention of hair/hat or accessories.

This doesn't really matter to me anyway, though, as we don't have an official store up here, which I don't understand. Wales have one, England have around 4(?), but Scotland have 0. I really think TLG need to open up more stores, as some continents don't have a single one.

EDIT: I see there's a new store opening in the UK - but it's yet another one in England. It's in Liverpool, by the way.

Edited by Gregorovich

Check this out - this was at the Discovery Centre in Manchester.

img_4179.jpg

Last time I went it was £1.50 default_wacko.gif

The only things of interest then were ship captain torsos (a very few mixed in with construction) and the new robber face. £1.50 is about right for an INTERESTING torso, legs and head with NO HEADGEAR OR ACCESSORIES! On a side note I CANNOT wait for the Brand store in Liverpool, even though the (pathetic) LDC shop is nearer.

I read on a post a couple of days ago that the Lego stores had a "build your own Minifigure" station with various body parts and "tools". Someone had said that Lego took many of the parts from series one and is offering them in these little stations at the Lego stores. I decided to visit my local Lego store today and sure enough there it was. I immediately got excited until I saw the $9.99 price tag for three figures and was disappointed in the parts they were offering. Many of the torso's were common figures like a police man or a pirate shirt. There were only about five different faces available including the skeleton head but not his body. The tools were brooms, swords and a few other common pieces. I quickly realized that it certainly wasn't worth the 10 dollars as I probably already had most of the pieces. Here is the question... I am wondering if this various by store? Maybe most of the good stuff was picked through at the KOP location. Has anyone out there had better luck?

Since I've posted this, the store I visit has changed the BAM setup drastically. It now contains many more "buckets" of parts and from time to time they fill it with rare pieces. I commented on another thread here about scoring 15 parts instead of building the figures. Everytime I stop in they have new parts that are quite rare so I've changed my mind on this. It's actually a pretty cool offering depending on where you go.

Yeah my local lego store usually has some quite unique parts for the figures. The only thing they have for tools are brooms and cups. Also my store is kind of disgusting, because i walked up to the BAM setup and there are little kids putting minifig parts in their mouths. Somewhat i think its funny, but i usually just get my parts from the back and tell the employees that the kids are putting the figs in their mouths. :laugh:

I was just at Legoland the other day and they had a sale of six minfigs for 9.99 so of course I ended up buying a set. Also instead of acessories I got to throw in different headgear pieces. They most the series 1 minifigs.

Legoland Windsor was well stocked with very good parts last week - My kids and I made a whole box of mermaids - 3 different heads and hairpieces. They also had forestmen torso's and hats, combined with green, brown and black legs, plus several different faces and Cavemen hairpieces meant I created an army of forestmen (Well 3) too, none of which had the same head as the CMF figure.

When you add the Annual pass discount, £4.50 for 3 minifig's isnt too bad when they are good parts like that.

Loads of pirate parts too and lots of other series 1 minifigure pieces - Magician hats and torsos, cheerleader torso's and hair.

Legoland Windsor was well stocked with very good parts last week - My kids and I made a whole box of mermaids - 3 different heads and hairpieces. They also had forestmen torso's and hats, combined with green, brown and black legs, plus several different faces and Cavemen hairpieces meant I created an army of forestmen (Well 3) too, none of which had the same head as the CMF figure.

When you add the Annual pass discount, £4.50 for 3 minifig's isnt too bad when they are good parts like that.

Loads of pirate parts too and lots of other series 1 minifigure pieces - Magician hats and torsos, cheerleader torso's and hair.

I went there not long ago...no I'm back to my land with no such thing as legoland...

When I went there,the torso selection was bad.Dark blue stripped shirt,police uniform,constructer worker torso.That's it.I saw someone with Ep.6 Luke Skywalker torso and tryed to find it.But yeah I didn't find any.Faces...mostly S1 faces and hair...even clown faces there!

Edited by Lucario

We may be taking a brief trip soon(knock on wood) and i'm going to be hitting the lego store. Has anyone had any sightings of skateboarder or wrestler bits? i've been tracking those 2 off and on for months. i did go to a lego store about 4 months ago, but i didn't see any signs of skateboarders or wrestlers

We may be taking a brief trip soon(knock on wood) and i'm going to be hitting the lego store. Has anyone had any sightings of skateboarder or wrestler bits? i've been tracking those 2 off and on for months. i did go to a lego store about 4 months ago, but i didn't see any signs of skateboarders or wrestlers

The wrestler's torso, head, and legs were at the Build-A-Mini at Potomac Mills in Virginia. I don't think they had capes, though. And I don't remember any skateboarder parts besides possibly his head or hair.

The wrestler's torso, head, and legs were at the Build-A-Mini at Potomac Mills in Virginia. I don't think they had capes, though. And I don't remember any skateboarder parts besides possibly his head or hair.

To that note, I'll add that I've never seen any fabric elements of any kind (minifigure capes, ship sails, tents, whatever) in either the Build-A-Minifigure kiosks or Pick-A-Brick walls of any LEGO Store I've ever visited. I should note I've been to only a few of them and don't get to go to any of them very often, but that sort of part in general just doesn't seem like the sort of thing they'd carry in those areas (but if anyone reading this knows otherwise, I'd love to find out I'm wrong...).

I got some Laptop pieces! Among some nice pieces!

Laptop pieces from BAM or PAB? What store?

Laptop pieces from BAM or PAB? What store?

I remember seeing some laptops available in Bluewater's PAB, when I was there last (a few weeks ago). They're also good for other random but useful minifigure parts and accessories.

I remember seeing some laptops available in Bluewater's PAB, when I was there last (a few weeks ago). They're also good for other random but useful minifigure parts and accessories.

Silent, it seems we go the the same store! Bluewater's BAM/PAB out classes Legoland's all the way. I have noticed though the green bits I need for My Endor MOC never seem to be there. I am going there or Stratford for May the fourth promotion. It all depends on the news about Stratfords PAB though.

Wow... laptops? I paid way too much getting a couple from BL.

I don't get to the LEGO store much anymore, but the last time I went I noticed they bulked up the BAM section with a LOT more. I blew it off because, at first glance, it looked like it was just larger bins of the same stuff they always had, which wasn't that great, but I'll have to take a closer look next time.

From Build-A-Minfig at Sherway Gardens Lego store

6076249764_1c436ebd54_z.jpg

Edited by r1chard

I Hauled away w/ 3 containers. I got the indian girl body(top and bottom), 2 complete wrestlers, 2 cheerleaders. red queen shirt, some sort of red pants, clown head and torso and bottom, cave man, 2 blond cheerleader wigs, a hair that is a little darker then the zookeeper, astronot torso and pants, the orange shirt w/ flowers from a brick box, blue police shirt, 2 dark brown wigs like the cheerleader hair(I'm talking about the mold layout), war paint girl, cave man face, and misc girl heads pieces.

I mainly worked towards getting more girls. I got 10 girls and 2 boys. this run, I put a minifigure piece for the 5th piece and put el stud wearing a blond wig so i can have hair for them. XD

I was in PAB area and the BAM bin(on 2 different days) and I didn't see any laptops(wall or BAM bin) and no cloth either. and I also saw a magican shirt and forestmen hats but no series 1 skateboarders. :hmpf_bad:

EDIT: oh, I found out where that dark zookeeper like hair came from. It turns out that it's actually the hair from the nurse series 1

Edited by ACWWgal2011

On a recent trip to the Lego store, the B-A-M section had the Spaceman's helmet. I think that the torso's that appear to be Luke's are actually the ninja's. They had his mask piece there as well. So far I've been able to get the Caveman, Cheerleader, Clown, Forrestman, Ninja, Spaceman, and Tribal Hunter at the B-A-M stand all without their accessories. I think I've also seen the Doctor and the the Skaters parts there also. I keep hoping to get lucky and find pieces to the Crashdummy, Robot, or Zombie.

I was able to get the mime body and disco dude body to make my Elvis minifigs (jailhouse rock & Vegas era) so I was thrilled with the selection!

The Lego Store in Bridgewater has Rapper, Punk Rocker, and Baseball player parts, minus the accessories of course.